Thread: Southern Comfort Confrence

Default Southern Comfort Confrence

I attended Southern Comfort last week, this is tha largest transgender convention in the world with I heard more than 800 attending. Presentations are for the most part serious i.e. family law problems of divorce etc. and one study of peer reviewed journals concerning etiology (why we are trans) [a lot of bad research] and counseling transgender kids.
    In the evening the more interesting outfits come out which gave me an opportunity to wear two of my LG dresses and one dress involves pictures of others so I can not post them.
    Lots of good information and fun.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0212.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	14248

Umm... A transgender convention sounds incredibly boring. And why is it named after an alcoholic spirit?

But I suppose all that matters is the fact that SOMEBODY enjoyed it... Your dress looks too short though, and the shiny pinkness hurts my eyes :0

This was my 11th SCC I have friends from all over the world that I meet there. It is never boring, there are some of the most intelligent people in our community, from NASA scientists to those working at the edge of computer science. Researchers and therapists and lots of interesting folks, boring, never.

So basically just an excuse to see a lot of friends? I think I'd fall asleep if I had to listen to all those serious presentations... But that's just me...

The conference is named for, or after, a movie Called ' Sothern Comfort '.
    "Southern Comfort is a 2001 documentary film about the final year in the life of Robert Eads, a female-to-male transsexual. Eads, diagnosed with ovarian cancer, was turned down for treatment by two dozen doctors out of fear that treating such a patient would hurt their reputations. By the time Eads received treatment, the cancer was too advanced to save his life."

I think the conference sounds fun, I should like to attend once, before I cease to exist. As for the length of the skirt of SallS dress, it's not too short for a little 'Little Girl'. I have a few Baby-Girl dresses that are, relatively, about the same length as the one in the photo. Most of my 'Little Girl' dresses are a bit more modest, however. The skirts of my LG dresses are at knee-length, or just slightly above the knee. And, pink satin dresses are suppose to be bright and shiny. You look cute, SallS.