Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding a Parent or Playmate

Default Finding a Parent or Playmate

Well, this is completely out of the blue for those who hang out here often. I've lurked here once in a while when I find the time, but that's a whole other story. Basically, I'm no longer living with my family because of so many reasons that I can't count them with my fingers and toes. But that does mean I'm on my own, even if I am broke and homeless.

Maybe I'm a deprived child, but I would love to find a parent. I recently discovered my AB tendencies, and found the ABDLDaddy website. I found myself sincerely desiring that; a Daddy or a mommy, someone that would like to take care of me, make me feel safe, and we could still be something like friends. Or, if not that, just friends. But in real life. I don't know how to go about doing that, though.

So, can someone tell me how to find a parent? I've heard there are those that like taking care of ABs, but I'm stumped. I live in Riverside, CA, if that information is helpful. Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by ConflictedWriter View Post
    Maybe I'm a deprived child, but I would love to find a parent. I recently discovered my AB tendencies, and found the ABDLDaddy website. I found myself sincerely desiring that; a Daddy or a mommy, someone that would like to take care of me, make me feel safe, and we could still be something like friends.
    That is amazing. This is pretty much exactly what happened to me. After a couple years, I finally ended up realizing my marriage wasn't working; visiting that website was what put me over the edge. I left Montana and moved out on my own.

I am still looking for a parent, although, I think I can honestly say that I'm just about done. I will probably write a journal entry on this in the near future. It seems at the moment, I am suffering from a bit of burnout on all fronts in my life. However, basically, while I had left in search of a momma, I think I found the happiness I had been looking for in a daddy. Things might change, but it just feels right.

As for finding one, it's not easy. It takes time and forming a friendship first. I think my mistake was hoping to simply find a momma right out of the gate. They are next to impossible to find, by the way, as is. Dads are much easier, but even they can be elusive. There is no one right way to go about it, but if you have any specific questions that I could address, I would be more than happy to help. ^^

Falkio

Finding a daddy is much easier than finding a mommy, and finding a playmate is easier than finding a daddy.

If you want to cub out with somebody, find someone around your area, and begin getting to know them. You have to initiate the process most of the time, but if you trust who you find, it'll pay off. You're in California, like me, so there's bound to be someone out there. We have a very liberal culture, and with that, more fetishists it seems. Further Confusion is in this state after all! Try putting a photo up on RUP if you feel comfortable, or talking to people on ABDL daddy. A friend of mine tried using Match.com for awhile, and I think he found a dad. You're an adult, so I'm not going to lecture you about personal safety, but its probably a good idea to get to know them first. Go to a coffee shop sometime. Talk about your normal interests for awhile, then slowly transition to fetish stuff. I had an awkward experience with a caretaker when I was younger that I totally wasn't prepared for.

For the record, I got very lucky to have my current daddy. I love him dearly, and we've done so much together. We met through ADISC, and have been good friends for years now. I wasn't actively seeking at the time, but he offered out of curiosity, and I accepted. The arrangement literally fell in my lap, so I'm a most fortunate person. I feel like I take it for granted, but deep down I'm very grateful for it. I'm certainly not the cutest kid out there.

At one point, I was very jealous of seeing young AB's doing cubby things with their caretakers, so having the chance for myself changed my life. Thank you daddy! :3

Sigh... I know that feeling. I'd love to find a loving "mummy" or caretaker of some kind to look after me... I feel so lost and incomplete having to face the world on my own...

I don't have a clue what kind of relationship would work... "partners" or just friends... a single mummy/daddy or a couple... living together or living apart, open or exclusive relationship... I guess I'm open-minded... Or maybe the only thing I really care about is having a loving parent so the particular arrangement doesn't matter too much...

But I'm so shy and inhibited (especially with anyone I don't know) that I can't imagine that I'll ever get to meet anyone who'd want to adopt a poor orphan like me...

I wish you all the best of luck in fulfilling your dreams...

Hey now Tiny... ::
    I'll be your friend.

Take a look at the world and how big it is... it's filled with people. I guarantee that there is someone out there for you.

It's just such a big world and only a small portion of it can be seen in any one place including this forum.

It's the worst part about being what we are though and this is a major issue.... Feeling alone, neglected, and not getting the kind of love and "pampering" we desire. This problem can really lead to depression which I think everyone here has seen displayed. I think I can honestly say that due to the nature of this desire it can be really hard and scary to open up to others and put yourself out there..(and yes perhaps even dangerous.)
    But maybe the risk is worth it?

Bottom line....

Never give up! Always remember we are here for you. If I could, I would give anyone that needs it a friendly hug and shoulder to cry on.

Love and hugs,

Mitch

P.S.

Look out for the Ninjas. I just got swarmed by them not too long ago and we had an epic battle!

Heh, heh, funny how that can happen. I'm sorry that your marriage didn't work out, but it's better to find who you are and let it out sooner than later. I'm actually asexual (I think) and am honest about that. To be honest, I'd rather have a daddy instead of a mommy, I just didn't want to sound picky. :P I just want to love a parent and for them to love me.

I know it takes times and patience, but, well... how does one even get started? I'm an introvert, and have aspergers/autism. I'm nervous about getting out there. I just wish I knew how to start. Anyway, thank you for your kind words, And I will look forward to your journal!

- - - Updated - - -

Gee, maybe I should have said I preffered to find a daddy. I just didn't want to sound picky.

I guess what I'm unsure about is getting started. I don't know how to find a fellow adult baby in my area. Though I thank you for the optimistic view. Hey, did you know that some daycares with children actually allow adult babies to go to them after an intense screening process? I think that's somewhere in California. And that's some great advice about starting with normal interests, but that worries me since I'm so childish by default. I don't like adult movies or games, and am naturally kid-like. I'm terrified to go to a coffee shop and just... start talking. I get funny looks every time I do.

I'm happy you got your situation, though. It has to be nice to have someone you know loves you enough to do this kind of thing. Be sure to tell your daddy you love him everyday.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the world seems scary without someone else you know you can trust or go to in times of stress and sadness.

Personally, I'm not picky. I'd be happy with just someone to love and take care of me. So, yeah, as long as I can love and look up to them and they love me, I'd be happy.

Aww, I'm sorry. I wish I could give you my lack of shyness. I would gladly put myself out in real life if I knew I'd make a friend, or at least know I wouldn't get hurt.

I hope you find a parent, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I be your friend too?

Wow, how poetic. Are you a writer?

I want to find that person, or maybe persons. I'm not scared of being made fun of. I am scared of being hurt, though. I've been made fun of all my life because of my emotionally abusive mother. I just wish I knew how to get started.

Thank you, Mitch.

Hrr? Ninjas? why would I want to look out for them? I want an epic battle too!

Quote Originally Posted by ConflictedWriter View Post
    [snipped] Gee, maybe I should have said I preffered to find a daddy. I just didn't want to sound picky.

I guess what I'm unsure about is getting started. I don't know how to find a fellow adult baby in my area. Though I thank you for the optimistic view. Hey, did you know that some daycares with children actually allow adult babies to go to them after an intense screening process? I think that's somewhere in California. And that's some great advice about starting with normal interests, but that worries me since I'm so childish by default. I don't like adult movies or games, and am naturally kid-like. I'm terrified to go to a coffee shop and just... start talking. I get funny looks every time I do.

I'm happy you got your situation, though. It has to be nice to have someone you know loves you enough to do this kind of thing. Be sure to tell your daddy you love him everyday.[snipped]
    I wonder if the daycare thing was this April Fool's story or something else? It doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would be acceptable in our current social climate for obvious (and I think pretty valid) reasons.

To your broader question, I think you've gotten some good advice. It's like any other kind of relationship and there's no magic formula. I think you'll probably find it's rare that someone is going to want to take care of an adult who isn't capable of also interacting on an adult level. No one expects real babies to have hobbies or opinions on current events but there's the "A" in "AB" to be considered as well. Try your best to be a functional and interesting person and socializing is going to come easier.

Keep your eyes and ears open. You never know what people are thinking. I wasn't looking to be a caretaker. It's just that the more I learned about caretaking, the more it seemed like it might be something easy enough to do for a friend for whom it meant a lot. As we got into it, I found that it also meant a lot to me. I never expected that something so "odd" could feel so right. I remind him that I feel every bit as lucky as him for being able to share this wonderful, loving experience. I hope that you'll find what you're looking for. It may not be easy, but with determination and continued effort, you can find your way.

I know it's pretty unrealistic, but I wish it was real. Not because I'd want to go; as open as I am, I wouldn't want to be babied in a daycare. I just wish society was more trusting of itself. Half of the great people of the world hide away because they are told they are bad for being different.

But I digress. Yes, the advice I have received is very sound. I just wish I wasn't such an introvert, or in my current living situation. Going out and just "making friends" is hard for me. I've been sheltered and am virtually helpless in the real world, without any friends of my own. I just don't know how to approach people to make friends in real life. I guess, however, that's what I need to learn to do.

Was this friend of yours very special to you? Did you know of his AB side and then one day he asked you? I'm quite curious, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Hey now Tiny... ::
    I'll be your friend.

Take a look at the world and how big it is... it's filled with people. I guarantee that there is someone out there for you.
    Awww... thanks, Mitchy! :-) I do have friends and I know that somewhere out there, there must be loads of people who could love a cute kid like me... but I just can't imagine that I'd ever get to meet them... I'm a high-functioning psychological screw-up... but only because I don't have a loving parent (or two) to look after me...

And I'm just so confused about who I am and who my "inner kid" is that... everything seems so complicated... Anyone up to the job of looking after me would be in for a roller-coaster of a ride! But I have so much love to give... that... it just seems so unfair that finding a parent should be so hard...

Quote Originally Posted by BabyMitchy View Post
    Look out for the Ninjas. I just got swarmed by them not too long ago and we had an epic battle!
    Argh... I feel for you. They hide behind every doorway and in the eyes of every person meet... I need to figure out some super-kick-ass special moves and level-up before I run out of lives...

Sitting and reading through these posts makes me want to cry. While I am only just now being introduced to this world due to the fact that my fiance has found his own little, I find myself more and more enjoying the idea of being a mommy, and a caretaker. I'm not interested in the sexual side of things, not that I would look down on anyone that does, but you all make me want to gather you up and cuddle you myself. I have a huge nurturing side to me, very maternal, and while I had thought I had found my calling when I had had children, I find it is so fulfilling to me to even think about doing this, and I am so excited to begin myself.

I am in california as well, LA county, and have found that there is a surprising amount of people out in this area that are into the same things as my fiance. It takes digging and patience, I am finding, but there is someone for everyone, I know and believe that firmly. All of this makes me wonder if there is an AB daycare somewhere nearby that I can go to and become a part of. I think that would be so wonderful.

In short I wish you all the luck. I still want to cuddle you, lol. XD