Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like board books?

Default Do you like board books?

I personally love them!

I have a bunch that teach simple concepts (colors, animals, numbers, etc.), and some that have little stories in them.

So, if you like them, do you have any of your own? Also, do you have a favorite one in particular?

I don't have any (yet) but I know what you mean and I love to read them when I can.

I probably won't have any, any time soon. However if they are what I think you are talking about, I'd love to have that book about the kittens on 'despicable me,' if they actually have one like it in production.

I love those books when trying to regress, they're real cute, and some are even funny, if you don't try to over think it. I own a couple of them, although I doubt I would ever have any "collection" of them, meaning I don't think Ill ever have a lot of them.

I really love baby board books! They make me feel so little! I especially love the ones that have real babies in it because I try to imagine I'm little like them

I do enjoy them thoroughly. They seem so clean and geometric. I suppose that's partly attributed to both my engineering and OCD habits. ^^ There's just something satisfying about those sturdy, solid pages and colorful illustrations.

I don't have a very large collection; in fact, just one: Babar He was always my favorite growing up, so when I saw it, I had to snap it up!

AbsolutelyFabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    I probably won't have any, any time soon. However if they are what I think you are talking about, I'd love to have that book about the kittens on 'despicable me,' if they actually have one like it in production.
    Sleepy Kittens (Despicable Me): Cinco Paul,Ken Daurio,Eric Guillon: 9780316083812: Amazon.com: Books

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    There's just something satisfying about those sturdy, solid pages and colorful illustrations.
    And cool textures, too! From a parental perspective, my favorites were the "That's not my _______!" series (e.g., That's Not My Train). These were part of the nightly routine for months, and the kids would always smile ear-to-ear as they ran fingers across the various textured pages. I'd always stop right before reading the word that described the texture, and wait for them to say it. Their half-nonsense versions were so entertaining.

I grew up with the little golden books, but I like the board books with lots of textures like the "Pet the bunny" series.

We had tons of them in Spanish class, it was so much fun reading to each other... Oh well spanish three is still fun.