Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How are AB/DL diapers and products made?

Default How are AB/DL diapers and products made?

I understand these processes are most likely automated, but who stocks the machine or oversees the progress, are they all AB/DLs? If not do they understand what they are a part of?

Babyash

Wow this is actually a good question and very interesting. But i have no idea how we would find out unless we were to talk to someone from one of the ab/dl factories. Although you could probably email one of the company's and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ravedl View Post
    I understand these processes are most likely automated
    I doubt it. More likely they are made in China or some other third world country by individuals working manually for long hours and little pay, just like 90% of the other stuff we have.

Quote Originally Posted by ravedl
    I understand these processes are most likely automated

Quote Originally Posted by someguy26 View Post
    I doubt it.
    Doubt it no more:

thank you very much cottontail, obviously they can see what they're making, but now my question is how do they go about hiring people to do that? Do they strictly hire AB/DLs, or people that don't really care? I see that the text on the machine is definately an asian character dialect, does this mean its more cultrally acceptable there or is it just cheaper to produce them there?
    Last edited by ravedl; 22-Sep-2012 at 08:29. Reason: I wasn't finished

Default Re: How are AB/DL diapers and products made?

Looks like their made in China. I see a Chinese sign on one of the machines.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ravedl View Post
    thank you very much cottontail, obviously they can see what they're making, but now my question is how do they go about hiring people to do that? Do they strictly hire AB/DLs, or people that don't really care? I see that the text on the machine is definately an asian character dialect, does this mean its more cultrally acceptable there or is it just cheaper to produce them there?
    ive done work for Kimberly clark plant here in CA and although there is a wide mix of automatic semi-auto and manual work that goes into accomplishing a product from what i can tell no one there was an obvious AB/DL is was all good people working hard

I'm actually really wondering what the workers would think. Yes they might be from third world countries but one of them must be thinking. "I work in Diaper factory making a baby diaper but it's so big that I could fit on it". I mean did they make it in Adult Diaper factory?

SkarTiger

I was gonna post that video here too but it looks like I'm too late

Well, I don't think that the factory workers are AB/DL. I mean in today's economy, you're lucky to even get a job, no matter what it involves. I was thinking to myself that the factory could be in an LEDC (most likely People's Republic of China or India). I guess these people just care abut the fact that they're getting paid rather than what they're doing.
    Skar

- - - Updated - - -

I know that a lot of custom AB/DL clothing is hand made by professionals. I doubt that any of the clothing is machine automated. That's probably a reason why they're so expensive in some places, some are better quality than others but it all depends on who makes them and the durability of the product.

I think that NUK 5s are produced in Germany and that's one of the main reasons why they're only sold by retailers in Germany.

Obviously, prophetwise some companies are greedier than others charging much more than production and shipping costs. It's kinda like how selfish people have become with money over the past few decades.
    Skar

Honestly, once being a factory worker, you don't care what your making as long as you are getting hours, and there is a fan near by lol. Most likely these people that work the machines know what they are making and who they are making for, and just dont care, and even if someone did care, its a job, so its not like they can really do anything about it other then not take the job.