Thread: I FINALLY landed a full time paying job!

Default I FINALLY landed a full time paying job!

After years of struggling to get a steady full time job I finally landed one that I believe I'll be good at. Some of you may know that I am partially disabled from a few of my previous posts. I'll be working for a local company that runs a website about the different destinations and other attractions across the state of Alaska. They create little booklets and videos about Alaska as well. I'll be working a lot with computers, digital photos, and doing general office type work. Anyway just thought I'd share the good news. I was truly starting to believe I would never get my life started and all it took was me creating a Job Wanted ad on Craigslist. Perhaps this will be a gateway into the local tourist industry for me. Anyway I just wanted to share the great news and I start on Monday the 24th. I'm kind of nervous but excited at the same time. I sit in front of a computer all day at home and I'll be sitting in front of a computer all day at work too.

Hello pawlf and congratulations on landing a job you wanted. I hope you have fun doing what you like

Congratulations Pawlf,

That's awesome!

I was telling someone the other day to put their resume on craigslist. A lot of people look at me funny when I say that, but in our company, I believe its something like 65% of the new hires come from craigslist. I know they also post openings there too. Just to put that out there for everyone.

But really Pawlf that's great, I'm sure you will be great at it and it sounds like you will have a good time doing so. May your first day be truly awesome, and the rest be just as good.
    Last edited by ilikecars; 21-Sep-2012 at 09:53.

Congratz I've just managed to sort myself a new part time job after being unemployed for a couple of months, good chances of getting other shifts as well and the hourly pay is really good

The first week at my new job was a success. It is a small but growing company that I work for and it's pretty laid back.By the end of each day I'm feeling tired and wore out after 6-7 hours of data entry and research but I like it okay. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work on Monday!

Hiya LB, long time to speak! I hope ya doing good! ^^

Congratz Feel happy for ya