Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diapers Showing Older Kids

Kari

Default Diapers Showing Older Kids

Have you noticed that the models used on packages of diapers such as Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs are older looking than your average Toddler.
    Like on Pampers Cruisers 7 the Girl has to be older than 2 years old.
    Do you think more Kids are kept in diapers longer than a decade ago?
    Or is it that the diaper companies just want them to be so they sell more?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41knqqBCtNL.jpg 
Views:	15178 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	14200  

Well,

I'd say a bit of both...

More parents are now forcing thier kids into poty training and letting them do it when ready...that is what we did...

And yes anything to get a few more bucks...

Btw our son potty trained at like 4 and just happened really overnight.

B

pamperchu

I like that older kids are on the packaging so parents aren't worried about potty training their kids too fast. I think kids should be able to stay in diapers longer and I would let the kid decide when they wanted to try potty training. I thing its great that they make diapers for all ages now.

Plus older kids can act better for the commercial being taped:-)

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    Plus older kids can act better for the commercial being taped:-)
    Even in the early 90's I think they've used a few older kids who likely didn't need diapers here and there. Anyways there's surely a push by KC and P&G (they make Pampers & Luvs)

Yep, like that isn't a clear push to keep them in diapers longer. <_>

I was 12 or less when pampers finally got size 6 out and I most likely could of fit into them.

pamperchu

I love that commercial, I just wish they could do that today, but there are too many granola huffers for that to happen. It seems like everyone in my city (portland, oregon) is going towards cloth diapers. I get asked by parents a lot about diapers because of my diaper review videos and my great knowledge of diapers and other baby items, I try me best to tell parents that its okay to keep their toddler in diapers longer and to let them decide when its time to try potty training. I see an average potty training age at around age 3 to 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    I love that commercial, I just wish they could do that today, but there are too many granola huffers for that to happen. It seems like everyone in my city (portland, oregon) is going towards cloth diapers. I get asked by parents a lot about diapers because of my diaper review videos and my great knowledge of diapers and other baby items, I try me best to tell parents that its okay to keep their toddler in diapers longer and to let them decide when its time to try potty training. I see an average potty training age at around age 3 to 4 years.
    Yeah but parents hate changing diapers and it add's up in cost anyways so i don't blame them for pott training ASAP. But that elimination potty training method where the babies never wear diapers. Oh god those parents are NUTS!

Also i'm left wondering if you and my actual older brother cross paths yet. He's lived in Portland for a few months now he's kinda half foot in half foot out of being a hipster.

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Yeah but parents hate changing diapers and it add's up in cost anyways so i don't blame them for pott training ASAP. But that elimination potty training method where the babies never wear diapers. Oh god those parents are NUTS!

Also i'm left wondering if you and my actual older brother cross paths yet. He's lived in Portland for a few months now he's kinda half foot in half foot out of being a hipster.
    If hes into diapers or a furry I might have meet him.

Keeping them in diapers just a bit longer helps with bonding. You should also read to them every night even at a very young age, ~12 months old. Playing age appropriate puzzle game together that have to do with patterns in colors and numbers is also something you should do when they are young. You will bond better with them when they get older and it also helps with brain development, Increasing their IQ later in life.

My mom did all that for me and the only thing I wish different was that I was in diapers longer. I was potty trained at around 2 years old and I think I would have had a better childhood if I was kept in diapers.
    I just hate these parents that are trying to save the planet and force potty training at just a few weeks old. If they where worried about the environment, they shouldn't have had a baby.
    Last edited by pamperchu; 20-Sep-2012 at 07:27.

I think it is the second reason because i can remember the day out stop wearing diapers and i was three years old thats my idea

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    If hes into diapers or a furry I might have meet him.
    oh no he is completely "normal" by my or your standards and has said to me something such as "I'm hiding from the world with this stuff." He also perfer's apple stuff. Me and him have slowly drifted out of touch. We are friends on facebook, have each others numbers but communicate rarely.

If I end up visiting him in Portland i'd likly ask him if he wants to come with me to met you where ever. I wanted to vist portland and/or seattle anyhow but my mom lives down on the southern end of the OR coast over in Coos Bay. that place might as well be a town transported from a sterotypical town from the south, maybe not as racist but ? have seen a truck with confederate flag before. ::rolls eyes::
    Last edited by Fire2box; 20-Sep-2012 at 07:39.