Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orbitz

pamperchu

Default Orbitz

Anyone remember Orbitz soft drink. I was a fruit drink with little balls floating in it.

I remember when I was a boy getting a bottle of it (age 9), I was not aloud to have soda or sugary drinks so it was a big deal for me, and it was so yummy.
    Last edited by pamperchu; 18-Sep-2012 at 08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    I remember when I was a boy getting a bottle of it (age 9), I was not aloud to have soda or surgery drinks so it was a big deal for me, and it was so yummy.
    Yes, when I got my big head transplant they gave me a whole gallon of it. The surgery went over extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    Is that anything like the gum?
    The gum is just Orbit, pronounced O-bit, because British people can't pronounce that r for some reason I guess?

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzle View Post
    Is that anything like the gum?
    No, nothing like it. its a drink from 1997.

I actually have a bottle that I have collected The flavor is raspberry citrus

Those bottles almost look like a smaller version then my lava lamp. I never saw or heard of Orbitz before now, outside of the travel agency company.

Do you know of any place you can still get it? I am now really wanting to try it.

I worked for a distributor of that stuff (amongst other drinks) in the late '90s when it came out. It mostly caught on with school-aged kids because it was a novelty. It was popular for maybe a year, then sales dropped off a cliff. It's no surprise, either, since the actual drink was absolutely terrible. It was also a bit pricey for a beverage at the time, as it was usually 99 cents to 1.29 per bottle, which IIRC put it on par with drinks like Snapple (which was actually good).

Not only do I remember them, those drinks are one of my absolute favorite things in the world. I loved drinking them back in 97. The first one I ever tried was Pineapple Banana Cherry Coconut. I kept seeing them in the store, and I asked my mom if I could try it one day. She told me they looked atrocious, but if I wanted to, I could. XD I'm glad I did.

I have an entire collection of them on top of my TV.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120820-00330.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	14183

Looks pretty good. I do usually like drinks with suspended edibles, e.g. tapioca pearls, various flavored jellies, fruit pulp, etc.

Can anyone who's had one describe the taste? What are the little balls made of and what's the texture like?