View Poll Results: Which Web browser do you like the best?

47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Eplorer (8+)

2 4.26%
  • Google Chrome

22 46.81%
  • Opera

1 2.13%
  • Apple Safari

2 4.26%
  • Rockmelt

1 2.13%
  • Mozilla Firefox

19 40.43%
  • Maxthon

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Web Browser Ultimate Comparison-athon thingy!

Default Web Browser Ultimate Comparison-athon thingy!

Alright guys and gals; kitties and pups!

I've long said I will do this; but I'm going to start a poll for Web browser preferences and in a few weeks I will begin writing a blog to make comparisions of the top four browsers.

During the down time; I encourage you to discuss why you like such browser/not like it; etcetera.

For you web developers out there; I hope to hear your take on which browser you use as for compatibility with HTM5 standard and with CSS3 and Webkit.

And so the Browser War begins! :P

- - - Updated - - -

My choice is Google Chrome. Google Chrome has excellent integration with its already great Email server; and it has tons of useful extensions. The bookmarking is nice; and if you decide to snyc with your Gmail account; you can instantly have all your settings; add-ons, bookmarks, history, and saved form data on another computer no matter where it is at. theming in Chrome is great; and it has full support for HTML5 and CSS3/Webkit.

Chrome has an Omnibox search bar where it recognises and shows results for your chosen search engine (can set to whatever you wish; even ADISC!) instantly. If you don't like the results; tap ESC to return to your page; or enter to follow through with the query.

I better not gush too much here; since Google may be in the top four next month!

Wow! Someone actually uses IE? Really? With all the other options out there? The ONLY time I've ever used IE was when I had to reinstall windows and used it to download Chrome (which I then used to download a second option).

Internet Explorer: The most popular browser used to download other browsers XD

IE < 9 is not good, IE 9 and 10 are fine, fast, standards compliant, minimalist browsers. Chrome is awesome too but there's actually not as much need to switch as there was 2 years ago.

Default Web Browser Ultimate Comparison-athon thingy!

My impression is that IE finally lost the title of worst mainstream browser to Safari.

Anyway, I use Firefox because I like the add-ons I have for it an because I have no compelling reasons to switch to Chrome or IE.

I use Google Chrome for the most part. I'll occasionally use Firefox, but very infrequently, because it has a tendency to lock up on me occasionally, though that might be fixed by re-installing it. I never use Internet Explorer, but my girlfriend does, mostly because she's so used to it that the other browsers seem weird.

I use Firefox personally. Partly because I think Google has quite enough information on me already, partly because Firefox addons ecosystem is still much more mature (stuff like vimium is still behind Pentadactyl) and partly because I'm just much more used to Firebug compared to the Chrome developer tool's.

I quite like The World for its speed at rendering pages, Chrome for stability when rendering pages with rich media content, and Firefox for the UI and wide-range of add-ons. And I'd love to get a copy of NCSA Mosaic just for nostalgia!

For the longest time i would say it was firefox. But then they started slacking with there updates. I just keep freezing and crashing. annoyed i started to use Chrome HATED the layout but i must have grown used to because its the only one i used now.

Chrome for me! I like it because it's fast and reliable, plus cool themes and web apps.

Why is Rockmelt on the list, though?