Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adult stroller

Default Adult stroller

I want one of these lol

Adaptive Star Axiom Lassen 4 Special Needs Stroller | Special Needs Strollers | e-Special Needs

They are designed for special needs people and look almost exactly like baby strollers...unfortunately they cost about 2,000 dollars. Which is a shame because this one would fit me almost perfectly.

I once tried my sister's stroller when nobody was looking. It was really cool, I strapped myself in and used my feet to steer me around. I enjoyed it but I don't think that I'd want to do it that often. I wouldn't spen $2,000 just for something I'll only really use when I feel like it.

I saw one of these down at Six flags DK leaving the park one day.

Looks so damn cool, Fisher Price stopped making them too it seems.

Jezz... $2000, I'm pretty sure people who buy that have there insurance pay for lot of it. But it does look really cool. Maybe someone could get lucky and get one that is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    Jezz... $2000, I'm pretty sure people who buy that have there insurance pay for lot of it. But it does look really cool. Maybe someone could get lucky and get one that is used.
    I doubt it. Any parent/caregiver with one likely knows of someone else directly who could use it. People normally seek out support from people in similar situations anyway.

I have seen them at the thrift stores a few timers but I only buy vintage baby strollers that I can normally fit in.

That's about the most expensive special needs stroller I've ever seen. However, as Siddy mentioned, parents' medical insurance probably picks up most of the tab for purchasing one. I can't really say anything about the price since I've dropped over $1000 a couple times on a brand new pram I wanted.

I've looked at those before, and I actually had the opportunity to sit in one before (I have pics somewhere). It was really neat, to be sure. I definitely felt secure in it despite the thin harness. The sides come up pretty far, so the seating position is very very stable, and the angle you sit at makes it more difficult to even get up and out of it. It certainly put my stroller to shame just because it looked so much better (and probably rode and pushed more smoothly, too).

The trouble with something like that, though, is that you'll never really use it. I have an old Convaid Cruiser stroller I picked up at the Salvation Army for $30. Aside from taking it to a couple of events to show off, I've only been pushed in it one time. Mr. Aurkarm and I tried it in a mostly-quiet park one day. I enjoyed it immensely, but it took him almost everything he had just to keep me going over any bumps or anything. Besides that, it's still a bit obvious, even if the stroller's shaped like a baby stroller.

All that said, there are certainly ways to enjoy a stroller like that if you can pick one up for a price you're willing to pay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	2480 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	14128

good find dan155, shame about the cost, but definitely a AB dream come true.

Skartiger, although it seems like a standard stroller, this is larger and higher than a standard stroller, so when strapped in, you won't be able to necessarily use your feel to move or steer the stroller, you just sit in there like and AB waiting to be pushed around.

GoldDragonAurkarm, I understand going over bumps in that disabled stroller may be difficult as the wheels are too small. I say go go for a stroller with larger wheels, or in the case on the Star Axiom, pull back and just use the larger rear wheels to go over the bumps.

If I had the money I would love to get it, although I don't know when I would ever use it. I guess if I went to disney on gay days, then maybe, or if I was in a foreign country, where I knew no one would know me. It definitely looks like it would be really fun to get pushed around in, and probably really regressing too.