Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: It's over nine thousa ::Is shot dead by Moo::

  1. #1

    Default It's over nine thousa ::Is shot dead by Moo::

    Shameless self promotion of my waste of life. I just noticed I crossed 9,000 posts recently. These least 1,000 posts don't seem a lot better then my previous ones from the 8,000 achievement.


    But still it's over nine thousan ::Is killed by Moo again::

  2. #2

    Default

    It's a long way towards 10k and a depressing spiral to 20k. Maybe you should stop once you hit 13,337 posts. Maybe. MAYbe.

  3. #3
    Peachy

    Default

    I'm getting there, just very slowly as of late.

    Peachy
    ...grabbing his walking cane and tries to keep up

  4. #4

    Default

    I don't tend to pay much attention to post count. Nowadays there just are not as many good quality threads to post on, so most of the posts that are made are short little one sentence things that seem more like spam than actual content that adds to a discussion.

    EDIT: Also that was post 800 for me

  5. #5

    Default

    1000 seems so far off. Oddly enough, this is the highest post count of any forum I've ever been a member of.

  6. #6

    Default It's over nine thousa ::Is shot dead by Moo::



    Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    1000 seems so far off. Oddly enough, this is the highest post count of any forum I've ever been a member of.
    There is a forum I'm on where a lot of the regulars have been on for over ten years (been on there sox years myself), so you see a lot of 10 and 20k+ counts there.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    There is a forum I'm on where a lot of the regulars have been on for over ten years (been on there sox years myself), so you see a lot of 10 and 20k+ counts there.
    Is that some new form of measuring time used by baseball players? Makes sense, since I'm pretty sure watching baseball slows down time, since the games take foreeeeeeever.

    Also, I will pass you, F2B... one day.

  8. #8

    Default

    I got 1000 a while ago. I consciously slowed my posting down before I reached that point, hoping my 1000th post would be super profound and awesome, but it wasn't.

  9. #9
    Peachy

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WingDog View Post
    I don't tend to pay much attention to post count. Nowadays there just are not as many good quality threads to post on, so most of the posts that are made are short little one sentence things that seem more like spam than actual content that adds to a discussion.
    Yeah. Maybe we need a new statistic: Word count for every person. Then the one-liner people will have a low word count while the people who post walls of text have a high post count.



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    There is a forum I'm on where a lot of the regulars have been on for over ten years (been on there sox years myself), so you see a lot of 10 and 20k+ counts there.
    Well, if someone hadn't played with the "Format C:"-command on the old forum, I would be way beyond the 10,000 mark too. I still have screenshots of hitting like 4000 posts on the old forum.

    Peachy
    Last edited by Peachy; 14-Sep-2012 at 20:19. Reason: Increasing my word count by abusing the double post quote bug :D

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    1000 seems so far off. Oddly enough, this is the highest post count of any forum I've ever been a member of.
    Theme Park Review has people with 10,000+ and well more then me. Even if you love roller coasters I can't see making 10,000+ posts about coasters and parks in a matter of years. Here on adisc I've posted more in off topic stuff then anything related to diapers and AB stuff. They don't really have that at them park review though, I mean talks about other stuff.



    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Yeah. Maybe we need a new statistic: Word count for every person. Then the one-liner people will have a low word count while the people who post walls of text have a high post count.
    Well posts in RP and the fun and games don't count to post counts AFIK. I don't think any post of less then a proper sentence should be counted or stuff as "Me too, same here, I agree". Well I'm not nearly the best poster here I will always try to make a effort to keep my posts clean and thoughtful, in spelling and grammar. I always use Firefox's built in spell check whenever I notice that red underline.

Similar Threads

  1. It's a long shot, but please help me if you can.
    By Jameslouisiana in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-Sep-2011, 19:09
  2. Just giving this a shot
    By alwayslittle in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-Jan-2011, 11:31
  3. Shot down
    By Geostigma123 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 20-Aug-2009, 07:25
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-Jun-2008, 14:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.