Thread: Hey :D

Default Hey :D

Hey there! You can call me Moka. I'm currently a second-year university student in the Bay Area. I'm a DL, and not as much an AB, though I do enjoy a bit of ageplay from time to time.

For as long as I can remember, I've liked diapers, but I've only started buying them about two years ago. I've been oft-padded since then! My favorites are pull-ups/goodnites, but Abenas are great when I'm in the mood for a little bulk. :P

I'm also a furry, maybe a bit too much. xD
    My room has a not okay number of wolf posters, and I own several collars and tails. I'll get a fursuit for my arctic wolf fursona when I can afford one - good ones are so damn expensive.

My hobbies are pretty ordinary, you know, gaming, music, movies, etc. With regards to games, I'd have to say I enjoy Adventure/RPG and platformer games the most, though I don't limit myself to genres. I'll play pretty much anything entertaining. Some of my favorites are: Okami, SSBB (Falco ftw), and the Portal games. My taste in music is pretty broad as well, but I find myself listening to a lot of electronic. I love the subgenre of uplifting trance; it's a shame most of its producers don't get much recognition! My favorite artists are Owl City and Blink-182 and every project they touch, lol. I try to follow most of the series I like online, including: MLP: FiM (brohoofs), Doctor Who (anyone else watching the new season?), Digimon, Regular Show, Community, and random animes/terrible Shonens I don't care to admit I watch.

So yeah... I guess I'm just here 'cause it's nice to have some people to talk to about DL stuff, seeing as I don't know any AB/DLs in person. I don't know how often I'll post, but if I don't, at least you know who's lurking!

Hey, Moka! Welcome to the site.
    We've got plenty of furries here (myself included -- coyote), so I don't think you really need to worry about being "too much" of a furry. Unless you live in your fursuit. Then that might be a little too much. But I don't think most people do that except when they're trying to suck money from major networks.

Anyway... a lot of us on here are gamers as well (myself included yet again). I just have to say that I love love love the Portal games. They're awesome in every sense of the word. And I like just about any music genre too (a sign of intelligence, I say), but far as trance goes, if you want a specific subgenre that I love, I'd choose Goa - which is old and kind of obscure, I suppose, but great. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I'm a fan of Doctor Who more or less. I've caught Asylum of the Daleks so far this season, but that's it. I didn't manage to see Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. To be honest, ever since Moffat took control of the show, it's been going downhill in my opinion (as evidenced by the last title, I think). I watch it with a bunch of friends if I have the time, and that's probably where most of the fun for me comes from - running commentary. As you can see, I have a lot of opinions on things and I will spew them if you so much as poke me.

Mind telling us what you're studying (if anything in particular) in college?
    Hopefully we're interesting enough to keep you from lurking permanently. :P
    Last edited by Byron; 13-Sep-2012 at 12:41.

Hey Moka!

May you have an as warm welcome as I did recently have. People around here seem to be just incredible likeable.

Cheers,
    dip

Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    Hey there! You can call me Moka. I'm currently a second-year university student in the Bay Area. I'm a DL, and not as much an AB, though I do enjoy a bit of ageplay from time to time.

For as long as I can remember, I've liked diapers, but I've only started buying them about two years ago. I've been oft-padded since then! My favorites are pull-ups/goodnites, but Abenas are great when I'm in the mood for a little bulk. :P

I'm also a furry, maybe a bit too much. xD
    My room has a not okay number of wolf posters, and I own several collars and tails. I'll get a fursuit for my arctic wolf fursona when I can afford one - good ones are so damn expensive.

My hobbies are pretty ordinary, you know, gaming, music, movies, etc. With regards to games, I'd have to say I enjoy Adventure/RPG and platformer games the most, though I don't limit myself to genres. I'll play pretty much anything entertaining. Some of my favorites are: Okami, SSBB (Falco ftw), and the Portal games. My taste in music is pretty broad as well, but I find myself listening to a lot of electronic. I love the subgenre of uplifting trance; it's a shame most of its producers don't get much recognition! My favorite artists are Owl City and Blink-182 and every project they touch, lol. I try to follow most of the series I like online, including: MLP: FiM (brohoofs), Doctor Who (anyone else watching the new season?), Digimon, Regular Show, Community, and random animes/terrible Shonens I don't care to admit I watch.

So yeah... I guess I'm just here 'cause it's nice to have some people to talk to about DL stuff, seeing as I don't know any AB/DLs in person. I don't know how often I'll post, but if I don't, at least you know who's lurking!

Hey there Moka! Welcome to ADISC!

Wow, I absolutely LOVE your name, and your avatar (Is that of your fursona?), I would really love to see your FA!

Also, wow <3 *brohoof to the extreme* I love almost everything you do, from the music, to the games! Although in SSBB I play Toon Link/Young Link (in previous versions)! Just, ack! so much I could ramble on about, I'm so excited to have met you!

*deep breath*

Right, so I'm Lobie, as my name may have suggested in the first place! I'm a red fox, and grey wolf halfbreed. Outside 90% of everything you mentioned, I'm a computer programmer (yeah, yeah, one of 'dem nerds!), and I love to speedcube (Yes, I can get more nerdy!). It's probably two of the most common activities I partake in. I also love Big Bang Theory (New season soon!).

*deep breath again*

Okay, wow I'm all flustered today

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy your timer here! I'm really looking forward to hearing back from you, and seeing more of your posts around the forum! (More frequently)

- Lobie

Hi Moka, welcome to ADSIC! I too am a Doctor Who fan, though I agree with Byron that it has gone downhill. I watched Dinosaurs on a Space Ship and it was okay. The show doesn't seem to have the same emotional content and character development that it used to IMO. I've also noticed that the episodes seem to be more stand-alone rather than operating on a larger story arc, which I miss. Did you see Dinosaurs on a Space Ship? What was your opinion?

Also, I see that you are in Berkeley. Do you go to Cal? I didn't, but have many friends who did. I am pretty close to where you are at (less than an hour drive) so it's cool to have someone in the neighborhood on here, at least relative to where most other people on the site are.

CC

Quote Originally Posted by dippydoodle12345 View Post
    Hey Moka!

May you have an as warm welcome as I did recently have. People around here seem to be just incredible likeable.

Cheers,
    dip
    Hey, thanks! You guys are all so nice. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Hey, Moka! Welcome to the site.
    We've got plenty of furries here (myself included -- coyote), so I don't think you really need to worry about being "too much" of a furry. Unless you live in your fursuit. Then that might be a little too much. But I don't think most people do that except when they're trying to suck money from major networks.

Anyway... a lot of us on here are gamers as well (myself included yet again). I just have to say that I love love love the Portal games. They're awesome in every sense of the word. And I like just about any music genre too (a sign of intelligence, I say), but far as trance goes, if you want a specific subgenre that I love, I'd choose Goa - which is old and kind of obscure, I suppose, but great. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I'm a fan of Doctor Who more or less. I've caught Asylum of the Daleks so far this season, but that's it. I didn't manage to see Dinosaurs on a Spaceship. To be honest, ever since Moffat took control of the show, it's been going downhill in my opinion (as evidenced by the last title, I think). I watch it with a bunch of friends if I have the time, and that's probably where most of the fun for me comes from - running commentary. As you can see, I have a lot of opinions on things and I will spew them if you so much as poke me.

Mind telling us what you're studying (if anything in particular) in college?
    Hopefully we're interesting enough to keep you from lurking permanently. :P
    Hi Byron! It's great to see some other furs here. *pawshakes*
    I'm glad you share my love for Portal; I've actually been wanting to get a lab coat, put an Aperture logo on it, and wear it to all my lab courses like a boss. I haven't listened to too much Goa trance myself, but I do like what I have heard. The scales and chord progressions are quite different from those in most other genres (especially uplifting trance, which is like forever stuck in major tonality). I love the mystical quality of it!

And, er, right now I'm mostly taking lower-division undergrad courses to meet the prerequisites for a biology major I plan to declare. Mostly science courses, some math, some humanities. Yeah, I'm not really sure exactly what I'll be doing in the future, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Hey there Moka! Welcome to ADISC!

Wow, I absolutely LOVE your name, and your avatar (Is that of your fursona?), I would really love to see your FA!

Also, wow <3 *brohoof to the extreme* I love almost everything you do, from the music, to the games! Although in SSBB I play Toon Link/Young Link (in previous versions)! Just, ack! so much I could ramble on about, I'm so excited to have met you!

*deep breath*

Right, so I'm Lobie, as my name may have suggested in the first place! I'm a red fox, and grey wolf halfbreed. Outside 90% of everything you mentioned, I'm a computer programmer (yeah, yeah, one of 'dem nerds!), and I love to speedcube (Yes, I can get more nerdy!). It's probably two of the most common activities I partake in. I also love Big Bang Theory (New season soon!).

*deep breath again*

Okay, wow I'm all flustered today :)

Anyways, I really hope you enjoy your timer here! I'm really looking forward to hearing back from you, and seeing more of your posts around the forum! (More frequently)

- Lobie
    Hey Lobie, I love your fursona! The only thing that can rival my love for wolves is my love for foxes. xD
    My own avatar is Red Savarin from Solatorobo. It's kind of an obscure game in the US, I guess. If you like the character design (and have a DS), I definitely recommend it; there's a good chance you'll love the aesthetic of game and its characters. I do have an FA, but I don't have any of my own drawings uploaded, and I don't have the money for commisions. I can upload some of my amateur artwork if anyone is curious though... The furry fandom does seem to encourage its members to try their hands at art. Also, I see your avatar is drawn by Reva, my favorite babyfur artist! Awesome.

Are you working on any cool programming projects right now? A lot of the CS people I know have some sort of pet project like a game, or simulator or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CycleChick View Post
    Hi Moka, welcome to ADSIC! I too am a Doctor Who fan, though I agree with Byron that it has gone downhill. I watched Dinosaurs on a Space Ship and it was okay. The show doesn't seem to have the same emotional content and character development that it used to IMO. I've also noticed that the episodes seem to be more stand-alone rather than operating on a larger story arc, which I miss. Did you see Dinosaurs on a Space Ship? What was your opinion?

Also, I see that you are in Berkeley. Do you go to Cal? I didn't, but have many friends who did. I am pretty close to where you are at (less than an hour drive) so it's cool to have someone in the neighborhood on here, at least relative to where most other people on the site are.

CC
    Hi CC! It's nice to meet you. I am indeed a Cal student; it's super cool that we live so close!

My opinion on Doctor Who? I wouldn't necessarily say it's gone downhill, but I do consider everything from series 5 onwards to be almost a different show. Everything's been replaced - new doctor, new TARDIS console, new companions, new overarching story - and the general feel of the show has been thoroughly redone from head to toe. The show doesn't even reference the events from before season 5 as much you would expect such a long-running series would! My general impression is that the production is a lot more polished, but the writing is "derpier" - not definitively worse, but often making the plot seem like a ridiculous fanfic or something xD. There's certainly nothing wrong with the acting though. Matt and Karen are brilliant!

As for Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, it's pretty clear from the title that it was one of the "derpy" episodes. xD With that being said, it was refreshing to have an episode where the focus is on the interactions between very different personalities; It often seemed to me that in the new series that single-episode characters are just there as devices to advance the plot, and nothing more. Overall, just a bit of silly fun. I think it's good when a show doesn't take itself TOO seriously.

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship Spoiler!

It's very nice to meet you all. I look forward to posting (or lurking lol) on this forum!

Hah, you're basically doing the same exact thing I did in college. Except, don't repeat my mistakes: take chemistry and physics super-seriously. I only took them seriously. BIG MISTAKE. =P
    And you need most of your first four years in college to figure out what you want to do. I didn't figure it out until my third-to-last semester. Just shop around and enjoy yourself. And don't think of the money you're paying to go there, haha.

About Dr. Who: What you said is spot on. The reason I don't like it is because the whole direction/feel is, in my opinion, much less mature and serious than previously. Brits always say "it's a kid's show," but that's truer than ever now. I think the new writers and so on just capitalized on the funniest parts of the old seasons without realizing that the reason they were so good is because they were surrounded by seriousness and coolness. Making the show one whole random festival of weirdness and deus-ex-machinas isn't really cool, in my book.

On the bright side, Asylum of the Daleks was kind of a slight return to the feeling of old. The plot holes were the size of Asylum and as numerous as the Dalek fleet, but its general geist was in the same ballpark as the older series.

Quote Originally Posted by Moka View Post
    Are you working on any cool programming projects right now? A lot of the CS people I know have some sort of pet project like a game, or simulator or something.
    Kind of have a ongoing project right now, but in all honesty I haven't worked on it (and have lost motivation) for 5 or 6 months now. It's a large scale speedcubing application with numerous useful features in a very easy to use interface. To keep it short, it's been well enjoyed within the speedcubing community, so I have some want to complete it, but it feels like the work worth the reward isn't there.

I do have some other ideas floating around, and have been contemplating beginning some of them... But I think I want to actually have a team set up for most (if not all) of the ideas.

- Lobie