View Poll Results: Which Diaper Would You Wear?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bellissimo Bambino Diaper.

29 76.32%
  • ABU Super Dry Kids

6 15.79%
  • Neither, Stick with Abena or Another Brand!

8 21.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellissimo vs ABU Super Dry Kids. HELP! :)

Question Bellissimo vs ABU Super Dry Kids. HELP! :)

Looking for a bit of advice here... I am currently using mainly Abenas and have not had any troubles with them. However, I would like to try out either the Bambino Bellissimo or the ABU Super Dry Kids. I have tried out diapers from Bambino before and they seemed to have a great quality in their merchandise. I have also read that the Bellissimo diaper is unrivaled in absorbancy and that only the elusive 'Fabine' diaper from Germany can compare. Now I was all ready to order these, however, I got an e-mail from ABU saying they are having a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on their Super Dry Kids diapers. Now that could be a good deal! I guess I am looking for personal reviews from people on ADISC that have worn either the SDK, or Bellissimo diapers.

I know people will say order a sample, however, I do not know if the sale will last long enough for this... Maybe they are half off cause they are not that great? Are they more for looks and less proficient in terms of function?

BTW: I use the diapers for when I sleep. I am a bed wetter and would like to hear how these diapers worked for people in ADISC before I make up my mind! Any reviews would be welcome!

Thanks!

So I've ordered both and here's my breakdown:

SDK's have the two tape design, Bellisimos use 4 tapes
    SDK's tapes are a bit more sticky than the Bellisimos
    I feel like if I do the 4 tapes up right, I get a better fit on the bellisimos, which leads to less leaks (all ABU diapers fit pretty well, but the 2 tape design will leave a gap right on the back of your thigh that I find hard to get snug)
    SDK's absorbency is far less than the Bellisimos
    SDK's do have a nice print on the tape, the Bellisimos are kinda lame (bunnies and stuff)
    SDKs are very loud, like wearing a garbage bag, Bellisimos are quieter but still noisy
    SDKs are definitely less bulky than Bellisimos
    SDKs will leak easier than Bellissimos, in addition to having better absorbency they also wick better and spread the wetness out, so if you flood while sleeping it will be less of a problem.
    I found the SDKs plastic to be more uncomfortable for extended (night) wear than the Bellisimos, they're both plastic backed but I felt like the Bellisimos breathed better
    SDKs are cheaper per diaper than Bellisimos

Overall, I'd honestly not recommend getting any ABU product other than the cloth cushies. The cloth cushies make up for the weaknesses the SDKs have by being much, much more comfortable, and the velcro style tapes are a million times easier to work with than any regular adhesive tape designs. The cushies are also the ones that have prints on the diaper itself, which is pretty cute. They're also a fair amount cheaper per diaper than the bellisimos. If you use a bellisimo the only way you could leak is if the diaper was not put on correctly, there's no way you could soak up all the padding in one night. SDKs can definitely leak if you were to have to pass a fair amount of liquid. The only negatives for bellisimos for night time use are that they are expensive, and since you will rarely use up even half of the absorbency I often felt like I was wasting them when I had to take them off. Also note that bellisimos will definitely leave you with a bit of a waddle with how thick they are dry, they swell up quite a bit when wet as well. If you could muffle the noise the SDKs would be more concealable (but again, the cloth cushies can be nearly noiseless, and very difficult to detect under clothes)

Falkio

If you've already tried Bambinos, and the SDK's are on sale, then go with a 20 pack of the SDK's. I placed an order for some recently, and at the time, they were listed as out of stock, so I'm not sure when they'll ship. You could very well be waiting until early October. That is, if they even remember to ship your order. I have to email them with a reminder. I've had good results so far though.

Give either the SDK's or cloth Cushies a try. Use them with a stuffer, and they're fantastic.

Both are good but the bellissimo are the better choice. Lb gave most of the reasons why already. But if you going to get a diaper from ABU try the Cushies They have a very fun look.

In my opnion I think SDK and Cushies are not that comfortable to wear.
    They do have good crinkling and very cute. Never tried the cloth type tho.
    There tapes stick ultra well. So well it very hard to get them off sometimes.

As for Bambino's I tried Teddies and Bellissimo.
    To me both are very comfortable and very soft.
    There tapes are decent and been improving and hold up usually very well.
    Bellissimo do hold a very good amount.
    I know Fabines hold more, not sure compared to dry 24/7 tho.

to add to mine, Bellissimo are on sale right now to the 18th SO HURRY!!! 10% off

I never tried anything from Ab Universe and likely will never order/pay for them out of my own pocket. Every time I've ordered or received Bambino brand diapers it has *always* been a good experience. Bellismo's do hold a lot and with the 4 tabs dfo provide a good fit. Theres a article ere on adisc on how to diaper yourself and it's a good guide on how to properly wear bambino's 4 tape (2 tabs each side) design.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    to add to mine, Bellissimo are on sale right now to the 18th SO HURRY!!! 10% off

I didn't even notice that they were on sale! I think I might go with bambino, I just wondered if the SDK was a good deal for that price. I read some reviews that they leak badly sometimes and the last thing I would want is to wake up in a wet bed! Didnt know if other people on ADISC had similar problems or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post

I didn't even notice that they were on sale! I think I might go with bambino, I just wondered if the SDK was a good deal for that price. I read some reviews that they leak badly sometimes and the last thing I would want is to wake up in a wet bed! Didnt know if other people on ADISC had similar problems or not.

The Bellisimo are hands down the more absorbant and thickest diaper out of these two. They hold way more than an m4 and are thick dry, not to mention make you waddle when soaked! They are pretty quiet in my opinion. I can't hear the under just jeans. They fit good and are just generally my faverite diaper. HOwever their tapes suck, deffinatly need to improve those. Also I've had the plastic backing rip at the ass a couple of times. This stuff shouldnt be happening on a 2 dollar diaper.

The SDK's are cute and fit well. There tapes are amazing and even hard to pull off. However they are pretty thin and don't absorb that much. Deffiatly not even in the same class as Bellisimo's. Thats why they are alot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    The Bellisimo are hands down the more absorbant and thickest diaper out of these two. They hold way more than an m4 and are thick dry, not to mention make you waddle when soaked! They are pretty quiet in my opinion. I can't hear the under just jeans. They fit good and are just generally my faverite diaper. HOwever their tapes suck, deffinatly need to improve those. Also I've had the plastic backing rip at the ass a couple of times. This stuff shouldnt be happening on a 2 dollar diaper.

The SDK's are cute and fit well. There tapes are amazing and even hard to pull off. However they are pretty thin and don't absorb that much. Deffiatly not even in the same class as Bellisimo's. Thats why they are alot cheaper.
    The tapes are fine for me and I never had them rip in the back. Have you even considered your trying to put them on too tightly? This was the problem with the first batch of Teddies.