Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused...

Default Confused...

So I thought that asexual meant that you reproduced like fish. Woman would lay the eggs and men would fertilize them. So am I way off base here or what?

You might be so far off base that you are in outfield trying to catch a fly ball hit by your own team : p

But I can't say I haven't been there before myself.

Cygnus

Asexual reproduction is reproduction that only requires one organism to preform. For example, there are microscopic organisms that produce offspring without genetic material supplied by another of the same species.

Asexuality (from my best understanding) is a sexual orientation in which people feel no sexual attraction to males, females, or any other gender. Asexuals can still experience an orgasm, but they feel no lust towards people.

Your example is sexual reproduction. There may not be any direct contact between the male and female fish, but there was two organisms involved, making it sexual reproduction.

ChristianaBaby

I just learned about sexual reproduction in animals the other day in Zoology! Wish I would have seen this sooner, :3 would of been fun to answer.

I'm pretty sure I've had the same thought before I learned about asexuality xD. Off-topic, but what are some of the fascinating reproductive processes (I guess?)? If that makes sense and doesn't seem too weird xD. Always found the Salmon to be interesting personally, not that I go looking up salmon reproduction or anything but still =p.

It's a fun no ? Asexual person hasn't any sexual wish.

I've been there before... I almost failed biology because of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Howl View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've had the same thought before I learned about asexuality xD. Off-topic, but what are some of the fascinating reproductive processes (I guess?)? If that makes sense and doesn't seem too weird xD. Always found the Salmon to be interesting personally, not that I go looking up salmon reproduction or anything but still =p.
    Honestly I always find it amazing how a salmon will swim all the way from the ocean back up miles and miles of rivers to get to the place where it was born. My parents and I used to go camping in Idaho right around the time salmon would start running the rivers, and it was just amazing to see thousands of fish jumping and swarming upstream.
    Last edited by Trevor; 14-Sep-2012 at 05:10. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Cygnus covered all the bases, so all thats left for me to do is post this.

http://youtu.be/0rJHLF01krI?t=1m14s

(I still can't figure out how to embed videos to start at a specific point in the video. BTW Wargames is a awesome movie.)
    Last edited by Fire2box; 13-Sep-2012 at 21:56.

Don't be jealous. I have so many of myself by now that I can sell my body for fertilizer. What are ethics? Also, I can also propel myself through a vacuum simply by full-body mitosis. See you on Mars, losers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    (I still can't figure out how to embed videos to start at a specific point in the video. BTW Wargames is a awesome movie.)
    There are two ways,
    1) at the end of the youtube link, put "#t=XmYs" where the 'm' and 's' mean minutes and seconds, respectively (like youtu.bePointRules#t=13m37s)
    2) right-click the video and there should be an option that says, like, copy link to this point in the video, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    Don't be jealous. I have so many of myself by now that I can sell my body for fertilizer. What are ethics? Also, I can also propel myself through a vacuum simply by full-body mitosis. See you on Mars, losers!

There are two ways,
    1) at the end of the youtube link, put "#t=XmYs" where the 'm' and 's' mean minutes and seconds, respectively (like youtu.bePointRules#t=13m37s)
    2) right-click the video and there should be an option that says, like, copy link to this point in the video, or something.
    That actually doesn't work. It will embed but it won't play off at the specific point. I know there's this but I can't understand it

Start an embedded YouTube video at a certain timestamp

::edit:: I actually think I understand it now. (And it didn't work.)