Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Sucks! Liturally!

Default Life Sucks! Liturally!

Yeah so I hate my life now because of the fact that everything is NOT going they way I want to be. And on top of that I'm being critisiced as an Anime fan or Otaku. Well at least I have tommarrow to relax by hang out with my friends. If not I would surely rip out my hair or kill myself (joking).

Such is life. What were you expecting, everything to be handed to you on a silver platter?

Quote Originally Posted by The Nature of Suffering
    "Now this ... is the noble truth of suffering: birth is suffering, aging is suffering, illness is suffering, death is suffering; sorrow, lamentation, pain, grief and despair are suffering; union with what is displeasing is suffering; separation from what is pleasing is suffering; not to get what one wants is suffering; in brief, the five aggregates subject to clinging are suffering."
    To live means to suffer, because the human nature is not perfect and neither is the world we live in. During our lifetime, we inevitably have to endure physical suffering such as pain, sickness, injury, tiredness, old age, and eventually death; and we have to endure psychological suffering like sadness, fear, frustration, disappointment, and depression. Although there are different degrees of suffering and there are also positive experiences in life that we perceive as the opposite of suffering, such as ease, comfort and happiness, life in its totality is imperfect and incomplete, because our world is subject to impermanence. This means we are never able to keep permanently what we strive for, and just as happy moments pass by, we ourselves and our loved ones will pass away one day, too.

Life Sucks! Liturally!
    I failed to notice anything in the body of your message about literal sucking. I feel cheated.

Life is the most hateful, most infuriating, most distressing, most painful, most brilliant thing in the world.

It is a shame to hear that it is bad for you now, but push ahead. The thing about time, you never know what it holds for you, but you can prompt it in the right direction. Try and find something to do that you enjoy, and do it. Don't care about other people. Just find a way to cope until it gets to one of the good bits again. You may even find that finding a way to cope makes it into one of the good bits.

Good Luck

--- mzkkbprmt

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
    Anime fan or Otaku.
    Allow me to pass down a nugget of advice from one nerd to another:

Only talk about nerdy stuff with fellow nerds. You're asking to be jeered at if you make so publicly prominent that you're being criticised for it by people that shouldn't know any better, not only that you're probability of getting laid is overwhelmingly reduced. That shouldn't be the case but we live in a cruel world and you have to learn to adapt. We don't live in the 70s era anymore

There is the wise old saying I go by that might fit right in here.

Life sucks then you die.

Life is no bed of roses for anyone, you have to make good with what you have, just make the best out of what you have and move on.

You know the story if life gives you lemons you make lemonade, for most of us life just gives us what we need, and no more.

Unfortunately, life doesn't always go the way you want it to. However, that doesn't mean life sucks - half of what makes life worth living is getting through the hard stuff.

The way I like to think of it is that life isn't about getting to where you want to be - it's about all the experiences (good and bad) that happen to you on the way. Sometimes you seem to be getting a lot more bad then good, but you can never predict how it'll go in the future. So find something that makes you feel a bit happier, and stick with that until things get a bit better :)

P.S. My philosophy on life can sort of be summed up in this little poem/drawing by Edward Monkton. I printed it off and stuck it on my wall, and it makes me smile a bit every time I see it.

Life: take it for what it is; completely and utterly meaningless.
    It is a mug's game, I tell you. Won't have anything to do with it, if it can be helped. Now if you'll excuse me kind sir, this cynical old sod is of lurking yet again.

...No. Wait. As I've taken a stand against this whold concept of life, I can't possibly, by any chance contribute with something even remotely helpful in the present topic, can I?

I'll let someone else do it instead:

"I believe that life is a game, that life is a cruel joke, and that life is what happens when you're alive and that you might as well lie back and enjoy it."
    Neil Gaiman, in "American Gods"

Ps: I'd like to reccomend the reading of Lukie's most recent post in this thread. His wisdom far exceedes that of any I've yet to read.

When you said "literally", I was expecting some hilarious mis-adventure with a vacuum cleaner.

Now I know what you mean, when you complain about life not going your way.