Thread: may start wearing at work but need advice

Default may start wearing at work but need advice

hello everyone, heres the news

my company is moving into new building in the next few weeks...most likely in the next few days as we have been moving stuff already for 3 weeks.

i have a desk job, i sit at a computer and work with 3d models all day and hardly ever have to get up.

i have abena m3 and m4s and a couple of molicares.

the new building we shair with another company so we have a public restroom between both halfs of the building....

is like to start wearing more.. possibly 24/7

does anyone have any tips for wearing at work and for a public restroom....like one of my main questions is how will i get the other diaper into the rest room? i have to walk past most of the people in the office to get to it.

also im male so i cant take a purse in there with one either.

any help would be great!

Will you have an area where you hang your coats or jackets that you can't take to your work space. That way you could keep your diaper bag there

and then grab it and take it to the restroom with you. That's just a suggestion.

Since I wear 24/7, I have experience wearing at work. I carry a messenger bag and always have the necessary changing supplies (fresh diapers, wipes, powder) with me if I need to change during the work day. You can message me if you want to talk more about it. It's really not that hard to pull off, but the decision to wear 24/7 shouldn't be taken lightly.

I dont wear 24/7, but when I did wear to work when I lived up north and hade a cubicle I would stuff it in a jacket pocket (like the inside jacket pocket, took some work). And wear my jacket in to bathroom.

Now I live where we have no jackets, but I have a private office, so I take it out of my messenger/laptop bag right before I goto the bathroom and keep it in a folded position and stuff it in the front of my pants 1/2 way -- like in my jeans behind belt and just cover with my shirt. Hard to explain, but it's really only 1/2 way in my pants sticking out with my shirt over it after I take it out of my bag. Then I hi-tail it to the bathroom before anyone can take a close look.

It helps that my office is the closest office to the bathroom, I picked it for that purpose

I take a backpack with me to work. If I need to change I just take it with me into the toilets. The place is very open plan so I'm sure lots of people have seen me taking it with me, but no one has ever asked about it. If anyone ever does ask I would just say it's force of habit, or that it's got a laptop in it that I'm paranoid about losing.

i have to wear 247 now and work has not been to big of a challenge. I simply carry my laptop/man purse to the bathroom and no one has said anything. Keep in mind it only has been 2 weeks for me but most people don't realize the little things. Im sure you'll do fine

I'm incontinent and I obviously have to wear and change at work. I carry a small backpack which stays under my desk and I take it into the bathroom with me when I need to change - usually on my lunchbreak. No-one's ever said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Will you have an area where you hang your coats or jackets that you can't take to your work space. That way you could keep your diaper bag there

and then grab it and take it to the restroom with you. That's just a suggestion.
    no not really, our coats go on the backs of our chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoocdk View Post
    Since I wear 24/7, I have experience wearing at work. I carry a messenger bag and always have the necessary changing supplies (fresh diapers, wipes, powder) with me if I need to change during the work day. You can message me if you want to talk more about it. It's really not that hard to pull off, but the decision to wear 24/7 shouldn't be taken lightly.
    i would gladly like to talk more with you about the situation!
    sadly i cant pm other members yet, my status isnt high enough

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    I dont wear 24/7, but when I did wear to work when I lived up north and hade a cubicle I would stuff it in a jacket pocket (like the inside jacket pocket, took some work). And wear my jacket in to bathroom.

Now I live where we have no jackets, but I have a private office, so I take it out of my messenger/laptop bag right before I goto the bathroom and keep it in a folded position and stuff it in the front of my pants 1/2 way -- like in my jeans behind belt and just cover with my shirt. Hard to explain, but it's really only 1/2 way in my pants sticking out with my shirt over it after I take it out of my bag. Then I hi-tail it to the bathroom before anyone can take a close look.

It helps that my office is the closest office to the bathroom, I picked it for that purpose
    mine isnt the closest to the bathroom and isnt the farthest, i do have to pass a few people though but its mainly a straight shot

my main thing about needing to bring something into the bathroom with me is ive worked with these guys for 8 months already and our current office is really small and were all in the same room with the bathroom so theve seen me go in with nothing for months.
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-Sep-2012 at 03:09. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.