Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible DryNites for older teenagers in the near future!

Default Possible DryNites for older teenagers in the near future!

I had sent an email to kimberly clark explaining that I had a need for their product only in a bigger size due to my age.

Low and behold I got a reply...

"017053783A

Dear Mr. ********,

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding DRYNITES® Pyjama Pants.

We appreciate and understand your interest in larger sizes. Please be assured that we regularly evaluate our range of sizes through research and consumer testing. As we receive and evaluate new data, it is possible that larger sizes of DRYNITES Pyjama Pants could be available in the future.

You may also want to try one of our DEPEND® products, which are designed especially for adults and are available through Boots, pharmacies and online retailers such as www.blushingbuyer.co.uk and Incontinence products, Incontinence supplies, Personal care products.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Yours sincerely,

Cyrille Labeij
    Consumer Services Department
    Kimberly-Clark Europe

017053780A

Kimberly-Clark Limited (registered in England under No. 308676) registered office address 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4HA. Kimberly-Clark Europe Limited (registered in England under No. 4060641) and Kimberly-Clark European Services Limited (registered in England under No. 4071548), registered office address 40 London Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9QP."

For some you might think 'so what, they aren't saying they will stock drynites for older teens'. But alas, they have given us a glint of hope to look out for.. Really hope this type of product comes into stock.

Sound like they want to placate you and point you toward one of their existing products. But maybe I'm just to cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Sound like they want to placate you and point you toward one of their existing products. But maybe I'm just to cynical.
    Your right and your not being cynical. They sent him a copy and paste message and pointed him to the way of adult diapers for bedwetting.

Drynites are marketed for kids who are too stubborn to wear diapers to bed and as a convenient solution to the problem. Even though they are practically diapers anyhow. Anyone who is like 16. 17 or older should be able to understand that wearing a diaper is much better then getting up to wash sheets and sleep on top of a rubber sheet and, or bed mat. So there's no need for drynites in bigger sizes especially when they don't really hold all that much anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Your right and your not being cynical. They sent him a copy and paste message and pointed him to the way of adult diapers for bedwetting.

Drynites are marketed for kids who are too stubborn to wear diapers to bed and as a convenient solution to the problem. Even though they are practically diapers anyhow. Anyone who is like 16. 17 or older should be able to understand that wearing a diaper is much better then getting up to wash sheets and sleep on top of a rubber sheet and, or bed mat. So there's no need for drynites in bigger sizes especially when they don't really hold all that much anyhow.
    Wouldn't say it was copied & pasted, more of a template to be honest. I am just informing those who weren't aware that they may consider it. I myself don't think they will due to the lack of a target audience

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    I myself don't think they will due to the lack of a target audience
    I wouldn't say it would be due to lack of a target audience but that there are products out there that already satisfy the target audience, older teens don't want Goodnites because they have the childish designs which aren't going to fool any teen into thinking they aren't wearing a diaper is they'll use Depends or another brand instead because they have reached the pint where they have realised that it is OK to wear diapers if they need to as opposed to younger children who won't wear diapers because they're for babies in their mind. And for that reason older teens are not part of their target audience when it comes to Goodnites as they can use another product that the same company manufactures.

You should reply to them stating that their adult brand pull ups are horrible and that the goodnites/drynites hold more than their adult pullups. Also explain to them that they have nothing for night time in thie product inventory.

Wouldn't say it was copied & pasted, more of a template to be honest.
    Templates are pretty much copy/paste. You aren't the first to get that exact reply and likely won't be the last.

I had sent an email to kimberly clark explaining that I had a need for their product only in a bigger size due to my age.

Low and behold I got a reply...

"017053783A

Dear Mr. ********,

Thank you for your recent e-mail regarding DRYNITES® Pyjama Pants.

We appreciate and understand your interest in larger sizes. Please be assured that we regularly evaluate our range of sizes through research and consumer testing. As we receive and evaluate new data, it is possible that larger sizes of DRYNITES Pyjama Pants could be available in the future.

You may also want to try one of our DEPEND® products, which are designed especially for adults and are available through Boots, pharmacies and online retailers such as www.blushingbuyer.co.uk and Incontinence products, Incontinence supplies, Personal care products.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Yours sincerely,

Cyrille Labeij
    Consumer Services Department
    Kimberly-Clark Europe

017053780A

Kimberly-Clark Limited (registered in England under No. 308676) registered office address 1 Tower View, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4HA. Kimberly-Clark Europe Limited (registered in England under No. 4060641) and Kimberly-Clark European Services Limited (registered in England under No. 4071548), registered office address 40 London Road, Reigate, Surrey RH2 9QP."

For some you might think 'so what, they aren't saying they will stock drynites for older teens'. But alas, they have given us a glint of hope to look out for.. Really hope this type of product comes into stock.
    I have emailed KC about this but it was several years a go. I received almost the exact same email.

CrinkleKat

It may be effective if a number of interested members were to write Kimberly-Clark asking for similar products, you know.
    By spam-texting the corporation in relatively short order, we demonstrate to the company that there may be a "common" market for just such a product. Political interest groups use 'astroturf lobbying' in much the same way. I'm not saying that this tactic will necessarily work, but it stands a heck of a better chance than a single proposition from the occasional lone wolf (no pun intended).

-also, maybe consider posing to them that the bigger size is not for older kids, but larger, what with the ongoing childhood obesity factor and all. What do we have to lose? an additional five minutes at our keyboards?

Mybe you all should send a email. to something like. Due to the Size of my child DRYNITES do not fit him/her well. they refuse to use anything else. that looks like a diaper and small size of pull on are to big.