Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Otaku's!

Default Calling all Otaku's!

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to this site and I have seen that there are a LOT of people on here that enjoy Anime/Manga! I was just wondering what is your favorite Anime/Manga? I am always looking for something new to watch! I don't mind Subs and some subbed anime's are the only ones I watch simply because I find them better! Below are a few of my favorites!

Anime
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Spice and Wolf
    Fruits Basket
    Dragonball/Z (I didn't like GT at ALLLLL)
    Beck
    Black Bulter/II (I love Grell!)
    Uta no Prince Sama
    Death Note
    *These last few are Yaoi.... yes I love Yaoi as well *hides face*
    Junjou Romantica
    Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi
    Koisuru Bokun
    Loveless

Manga
    Truthfully there are SO many Manga that I have been reading recently it is really too hard to name any favorites. I have basically read all of the Manga that goes with the Anime that I have watched. I am always looking for something new to read so I am open to any and all suggestions. (well anything except Yuri.... *hehe*)

Can't wait to see some responses.... let your geekiness shine \o/ ~*Huggles*~

Way back when, years before it showed the likes of wrestling, the sci-fi channel used to have some really good anime on it. I think it came on Saturday mornings or evening but I'm not sure. It showed stuff along the lines of Akira and whatnot. Thats been years and years it seems though. My older brother and I used to really enjoy it. I'm actually trying to find out what some of those old anime are.

I haven't watched a ton of anime in my life, but there is one anime film that I recommend to as many people as possible. It's called "Ringing Bell". There is nothing else like it that I can think of. The ending stays with you forever. It's a children's shock film (this bizarre controversial concept is what lead it to being banned in the USA).

Here's a link to the full film. It's the dub, but it's done very well.

Ringing Bell - Complete Movie - Sanrio Communications 1978 - Chirin No Suzu - YouTube

Thank you very much, MollyCollie, for the suggestion. I have to say that I have never heard of this Anime before, so I am very interested in it! Can't wait to watch it ^.^

Love shows of the Gundam series. I loved DBZ, Sailor Moon, and Voltron as a kid. Even Pokemon, Yugioh, Digimon, and Beyblade. But most of those except for Beyblade are not the same anymore. Right now I'm taking a break but I was watching the original Gundam and this show called Cardfight Vanguard.

1. lucky star
    2. The melanchony of haruhi suzumiya
    3. Code Geass
    4. Inuyasha
    5. Bleach
    6. Deadman wonderland
    7. High school of the dead
    8. Death Note
    9. Dragonballz
    10. K-on

I'm always looking for more I get bored fast with normal tv

My favorite anime's/mangas of all time are:

1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. .Hack//Sign, Legend, Root
    3. Eden of the East
    4. Bleach
    5. Naruto
    6. D Gray Man
    7. Area D -Inou Ryouiki
    8. Code Breaker
    9. Fairy Tail
    10. All of the Gundam Series except G Gundam and SD Gundam.

I'm sure I can think of a ton more but that's all I really felt like posting.

I've watched Code Geass and Deadman Wonderland too. But Bleach I got tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    I've watched Code Geass and Deadman Wonderland too. But Bleach I got tired of it.
    I read a bit of Deadman Wonderland it was interesting. As for Watching Bleach I don't, I only read it same goes with Naruto. The anime's have been rather sub-par in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendorox! View Post
    I read a bit of Deadman Wonderland it was interesting. As for Watching Bleach I don't, I only read it same goes with Naruto. The anime's have been rather sub-par in my opinion.
    I know right! I've found a lot of good ones on Crunchy Roll and Toonami is bring some ok shows but I haven't gotten interested in Eureka 7 yet. I also enjoyed Gurren Lagann.