Thread: Possibility and/or practicality of creating a homebrew Wii emulator for DS/DS flash cart?

Default Possibility and/or practicality of creating a homebrew Wii emulator for DS/DS flash cart?

Hi guys....I used to have a Wii, but now have a PS3 and cannot buy a Wii. I'm in no position to create it myself (don't have any coding knowledge or experience and can only hack existing games with beginner-level tools), but would it theoretically be possible to create a homebrew app for emulating Wii on a DSi flash cart? If so, would it be practical? Where would I look for volunteers to help build it?

Not really the Wii tho only having a low end GFX its still much better then the DS and DSi, Wii emulation would be really pointless also as the way the games work they all need Wireless/IR controllers, tho it would be great to see its just not going to happen.

darn just too bad...I was thinking the DS controls could act like the classic controller, but if it's not going to happen, it's not going to happen.

The problem arises from the hardware... First off emulators generally take around the ballpark of ~4-10 times the CPU power of the system they are emulating. And the Wii is many magnitudes faster than the DSi. This includes both the CPU or the GPU.

It also doesn't have nearly enough memory or space to run any Wii game or store them.

Even if you wrote perfect code, it would not be enough to even get any remotely useful functionality out of it.

So, sorry, but nope.