Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ic vs dl

Default Ic vs dl

FIrst off, I am not trying to offend anyone in anyway I would just like to see what peoples opinions are about this question:

My name is Craig [removed] I am 20 years old I am a DL. Sometimes I tend to find myself wanting to become IC due to the fact that I struggle with the cycle. To me it just seems easier to say yeah I'm like this due to not able to control my bladder then to say yeah Im like this just because I like diapers. Which, don't get me wrong I understand people that are IC would kill to have control. But my question is is there alot of people that experience this or am I one of the few?
    Last edited by Nihlus; 08-Sep-2012 at 22:48. Reason: Removed last name

yea...
    when a very good friend of mine discovered that i was IC years ago, she immediately blurted out that i was so very lucky that now i could wear diapers all the time. this girl and i had both done a little diaper-play together while we both were in transition.... i on the other hand, in no way wanted to be IC then, or now. and have done everything i could to help myself and or fix my little problem over the years. but then as now, i did see her point. she had been DL all her life in a very big way. and she had never tried to stop herself.... that and everything that and the requisite lifestyle...
    this while i divided my life into the half before transition and the half after transition. the first half being my time for adventure and manhood and things i most decidedly couldn't do as a girl.... and then came girlhood....

99 percent of the time I'm glad I'm continent. I work two jobs and have my circle of friends, and having to deal with wet diapers, concealing their use and finding places to discreetly change would be a big problem. But diapers are very sexual for me, and when the drive hits, there are times I wish I didn't have a choice, that I would have to wear. The ironic thing is that at my age, I'm beginning to experience a little bit of urge incontinence. There are times that when I have to go, a bathroom is in my immediate future. If I'm home and have no place where I have to go, I may not try as hard to make it to the bathroom. But most of the time, I must conform to the social norms.

The solution for all of this is to have some meaningful time set aside for diaper wearing. I think also, that not wearing, and going without for a while, heightens the experience when wearing. Without the dark there is no light.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    99 percent of the time I'm glad I'm continent. I work two jobs and have my circle of friends, and having to deal with wet diapers, concealing their use and finding places to discreetly change would be a big problem. But diapers are very sexual for me, and when the drive hits, there are times I wish I didn't have a choice, that I would have to wear. The ironic thing is that at my age, I'm beginning to experience a little bit of urge incontinence. There are times that when I have to go, a bathroom is in my immediate future. If I'm home and have no place where I have to go, I may not try as hard to make it to the bathroom. But most of the time, I must conform to the social norms.

The solution for all of this is to have some meaningful time set aside for diaper wearing. I think also, that not wearing, and going without for a while, heightens the experience when wearing. Without the dark there is no light.
    part of my IC of course, is not having a "hose" (any more).... lol
    but too, there is the other part, and having a hose wouldn't fix that. but some times i think; remembering way back, and of what it would be like to have one so i could just tie a knot in the damn thing..... and be done with it....

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    part of my IC of course, is not having a "hose".... lol
    but too, there is the other part, and having a hose wouldn't fix that. but some times i think; remembering way back, and of what it would be like to have one so i could just tie a knot in the damn thing..... and be done with it....
    Ouch! That sounds painful. The other irony concerning my case is that when I had my back surgery in 1986, it left me unable to pee, and so I had to catheterize myself for more than a month. I was never so glad when things kicked in. If I had some sort of surgery and had to make a choice between not being able to pee and incontinence, I would definitely chose incontinence. I guess that's a no brainer for someone like me...haha.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah thanks littlelodgewrecker! Personally I think alot of DL's would prefer to be IC but I think its more to have a excuse to wear diapers , Hell I would be at least you know how it can feel on both sides then just one side.

Trust me: Having to wear a diaper 24/7/365 is a nuisance! It would be a lot better to have the choice of not wearing a diaper at times when it is inconvenient and/or embarrassing.

I think that everybody who is a DL, facinates themselves with the idea of being able to wear 24/7 or close to it. While I DO NOT want to have that, I would like to however be able to step inside the shoes (or diaper for that matter) of someone who is incontinent, just to be able to see what life is like. We have all read and heard about what its like, but from a curiosity point of view. Its not about asking is the grass greener on the other side, its more like asking, what does the grass feel like, on the other side.

Crazycd, I think your wildly misguided into assuming that most DL's would want to be incontinent. Sure, there are few, but we have freedom to control our bladder. People who are incontinent dont have that luxury. Think about what happens when something like a freedom or simple ability gets taken away from you. Besides there are a whole laundry list of times and situations that incontinent people probably have where diapers have been inconvenient. Imagine having to explain to a potential mate (g/f or b/f) that you need diapers.

Although it becomes pretty routine after a while, being IC can be inconvenient, and definitely has the potential to hold you back socially. If someone wants to be IC, they don't know what they are getting into in the long-term.

I would obviously like to have control back again. That said, I've not had to give anything up because of being IC, and I've not once had to turn down an event, invitation or anything I wanted to do, purely because of it. Yes it's a hassle having to take a diaper bag with me everywhere I go, and I need to plan ahead more than I used to, but it's not holding me back in any way.