Thread: Creams and Abena Diapers?

Default Creams and Abena Diapers?

New guy here =D

Noticed the other week that with some samples from Abena that rash cream caused a serious breakdown of the leg gatherers after about 5 hours of use, wet or dry. The elastic portions just came unravelled??

The same problem does not exist on any of the other samples (Bambino or Dry 24/7.)

Last time I wore Abena often was almost 2 years ago, has their product QA slipped a bit? Or was this just a bad batch you think?

I ask because I'd like to make a larger purchase, but if other people are having the same problem with creams and the diaper breaking down, I best stick with say Dry or Bambino.

Thoughts? Opinions?

It may depend what cream you are using

Just your generic diaper rash cream you find at Walmart I guess, nothin special.

Abena are my favourite brand, and I have never heard of anyone else having this issue before.

I'd be surprised if that had any effect on it. Nearly all diapers are latex-free, and I'm pretty sure Abena is among those. Latex does react with oil and breakdown rapidly, but in the absence of latex, I can't really see what would be reacting with a barrier cream, especially since barrier creams are designed to be used with diapers. I'd say it's probably a bad batch. There have been issues with bad batches/quality control with Abenas in the past, though it never seems to be the same problem twice.

The same thing has been happening to me since last year, I'm currently using a zinc and castor oil cream and, even with a low amount of it, after some hours the leg gathers do exactly as you described. I haven't seen this happening with any diaper other than Abenas, and as far as I know there isn't an actual solution, just try using as little cream as possible...

This used to happen to me a lot with Abenas but doesn't seem to happen with the other brands I've tried. I found that some creams were less of a problem than others though, so it might be worth switching brands.

Thanks for all your comments ^_^

Ill try and see if there are some others I can try and hopefully that will help. I ended up ordering some Dry 24's and both plastic and cloth backed Abenas, so it'll be interesting to see if they are different than I last remember.

Well just got the new orders in from a different batch (Premium and plastic backed), still seeing the same issue after only a few hours in them.

Must be the materials that Abena uses as it does not affect my Bambino's or the Dr 24's. So just a heads up for those out there that use the Equate diaper rash cream in the purple tube (40% zinc?), the elastics do break down after just a few hours.