Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying diapers in South Africa

Question Buying diapers in South Africa

Maybe MagicMan or LuckyFish can help me; Does anyone have any suggestions for places that sell diapers on the internet in South Africa ? Or how about a good shop that stocks Abena ? I don't really fancy going and buying diapers in person :P . I'm from Cape Town.

I've imported quite a few but it's obviously quite expensive shipping-wise.

Thanks

I think lucky fish may be more help on tbis one, as I but molicares from dis chem, which are great for me Anyway welvome and i'm from cape town too I know that some checkers pharmacies that are in hyper markets stock abena products. There's also a pharmacy just outside the garden's shopping centre that stock abena's, as far as i can remember. Anyway, where from cape town are you? Nice to meet you

Talking

Hey MagicMan

I would have pm'ed you, but I'm not at that level yet :P .

To give you an idea I ordered this from XP Medical :
    1 AbriForm-M4-Medium-Orig_XPlus-Case_42 at $59.95 each.
    1 AbriForm-M2-Medium-Super-Case_96 at $85.95 each.
    1 BodyStocking-Large-Pack_1 at $29.95 each.
    1 BodyStocking-Large-Navy-Pack_1 at $29.95 each.

and the shipping cost me $283.70 USD... about 30% more than the cost of the goods lol. So I don't intend doing that regularly .

I've tried Molicares, they're quite good, I'm just experimenting/collecting at the moment.

Yay @ Cape Town . I stay in Durbanville.

I'm trying to avoid going in to a pharmacy to buy the stuff, but yeah, looks like that's going to be the best option. It's got me thinking that there could be some money to be made from selling adult nappies/diapers online, at least then I'd feel less embarrassed about buying them in person.

The idea of buying them in person gives me the same feeling as my first trip to an adult store.

Thanks for the advice .

Quote Originally Posted by CarKid View Post
    They have disposable diapers in Somalia?
    I'd expect so, but that's neither here nor there, since Somalia isn't South Africa.

South Africa seems to a bit dry in diapers
    mind you, i didn't search in Afrikaans. nonetheless, got a few results (naturally, i don't know if they're any good):
    Incontinence Products | i Lead Nursing

South Africa Adult Diaper, South Africa Adult Diaper Manufacturers, South Africa Adult Diaper Suppliers and Companies on Alibaba.com

and featured on the above page: http://cuddsies.yolasite.com/adult-diapers.php

ADULT NAPPIES / DIAPERS AND INCONTINENCE PRODUCTS - Cape Town - Health - Beauty - Plumstead - incontinence products

incidentally, if you happen to get Tena-flex, for males they're best worn back-to-front with trainer-pants over them.
    importation-wise, i gather that the Chinese are making big in-roads to Africa, so the sourcing of products may lie with importers from China and with chinese/oriental products?

Quote Originally Posted by agent View Post
    Maybe MagicMan or LuckyFish can help me; Does anyone have any suggestions for places that sell diapers on the internet in South Africa ? Or how about a good shop that stocks Abena ? I don't really fancy going and buying diapers in person :P . I'm from Cape Town.

I've imported quite a few but it's obviously quite expensive shipping-wise.

Thanks
    Hi agent.

I only saw this post now.

You would think we would have these online services by now, unfortunately due to the high cost of telecoms along with hosting costs, and too few homes with Internet connectivity, we are still in the dark ages, thanks to Telkom.
    There were some online companies that did the delivery service.
    However there prices are crazy and the biggest company forces you to buy an entire box!

I concur with Magicman about Abena, i have seen these at Checkers Medi-rite pharmacy.
    There was a person selling Abena in Durbanville via Gumtree, but i didnt see the ad now when i checked.
    My suggestion is to sites such as Gumtree,OLX and even Bidorbuy and connect with a supplier who will deliver.
    I have ordered online here before via the post office and it was pretty easy.

I can also understand how you would be shy purchasing diapers here in Cape Town, but i found that the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Buying diapers far from where you stay, and my favorite technique of being on the phone the instant i get to the diaper isle until i leave the shop on the phone, certainly makes it pretty easy.
    Why does nobody here love the Tena slip maxi available at Diskem?

Its my fav by a mile!

Im so glad to know another Capetonian here on Adisc.

We just need another 7 and we could have a meeting.

@Ade we are by no means dry in terms of diapers available here.
    Online we may be dead, but here is the honest truth...

At our local Supermarkets which are plentiful, we have the Molicare range, LIL supreme/classic fit, Tena range, Abena, Comfrey and Clemens.
    Plastic backed is more common then cloth backed here.

Our pharmacies and Chinese markets have brands you have never heard of and some are pretty decent along with most brands mentioned on Adisc along with Depends and Euron, which i have spotted at a Pharmacy in Cape Town.
    We even have babyelephant brand adult diapers with colorful ABDL stickers at the Chinese Markets.
    Quality not great but all plastic.
    We are pretty well off here in terms of variety, cheap plastic backed diapers can be be bought for very little dough here.

Hey Luckyfish, pleased to meet you, so cool that there are other Cape Towners on here .

"biggest company forces you to buy an entire box!"
    Who's the biggest company ? I don't mind buying a box/case at a time.

"Buying diapers far from where you stay,"
    Yeah, that's fairly logical... I used to drive out to Paarl to buy them when I was 17 lol.

"We just need another 7 and we could have a meeting."
    10 is the official minimum ? There are only three of us ? geeez .

Thanks for the info, I think the BidorBuy option is a good one... I might even start selling, must be people like me who don't like the idea of doing this face to face (who aren't on Adisc).

I'll give the Tena slip maxi a try sometime .

Quote Originally Posted by agent View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	box.jpg 
Views:	4428 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	14327
    woooo hooo half of my order has arrived
    You are very lucky Agent!
    However how will you get an opportunity to wear them all without being noticed?
    Meh I gotta stock up on some silent ones...
    I don't know why but Tena flex is one on my fav's, even though they are not as good or absorbant as a proper nappy.
    Dischem here I come....