Thread: My first picture ( advice wanted)

Default My first picture ( advice wanted)

( wasn't really sure where to put this but feel free to move it I placed it wrong). Now that I have just got the ability to post picture I'm thinking of posting some pictures of me diaper and all but I'm still a little nervouse a out pictures of me on the Internet so any advise or encouragement would be greatly appreciated

Best to start with what not to do and then work your way out of that. The first general rule of thumb is that any picture you post, ANYWHERE, is very likely to be somewhere on the internet indefinitely. Things just don't go away easily. The harder you try to get rid of them, the more they spread. So don't post anything you wouldn't mind being available on the internet indefinitely.

Moo has tried to get google to quit indexing adisc, repeatedly, and has given up. They remove adisc from their list for a week or two and it's back, over and over. Posts and images from here can be found with google and images.google.com.

As long as you can keep your identity here completely separated from your identity other places, you'll probably be ok. But if you, for example, use the same nickname here as you do at say, deviantart etc, google has a funny way of figuring out connections like that. Give it enough to work with and maybe one day you'll find something like G+ sending circle suggestions for other adisc users to your personal regular email address.

Good advice for any picture: look over the image, especially the background, carefully before posting. There may be things in the picture you didn't plan on. Or there's a reflective surface or mirror that catches your face or a bigger view of your room etc. If you don't want your friends to recognize your room if the 1-in-a-million chance happens that they see the picture, "hey mike, that weird picture I just saw on reddit.... don't you have that poster on your wall? oh... and THAT poster too....?" be sure you crop out things that are unique enough to be identified. And we've probably all seen pictures that were "photobombed" by someone down the hall sitting on the toilet, or "toys" behind the person on the dresser in the background - so be sure you review all pictures before you upload them.

Post them in the EC section, then they can't be found on a random google search.

goodnites2013js

Well if you feel that you are ready to them out on the net. Its ok just start simple just show your diapers off but you dont have to show ur face in any of them until you think you will be fully ok with it

I have posted a few but i used GIMP to put a broken pixel line across the neck area so that if someone looked very close it looked like a altered photo and i could deny it and even show it was altered.
    new photo software will make it easy to spot. if you get good with GIMP you could add tattoos that you don't have, change hair color, ECT ECT to make photos completely deniable.
    Software will detect image manipulation
    GIMP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please make sure that any pictures you post aren't crotch shots (pictures that focus solely on the diaper).

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Moo has tried to get google to quit indexing adisc, repeatedly, and has given up. They remove adisc from their list for a week or two and it's back, over and over. Posts and images from here can be found with google and images.google.com.
    If we removed ADISC entirely from Google's index, no one else would be able to find the site. I'd venture to guess that 90% or more of our members found here via Google.

As a result, we let Google index the public forums and have not (to my knowledge) tried to remove those from Google. We do block guests (including Google's bots) from the special forums, which includes Admin Stuff, Requests, EC, and DC forums.

We also block guests from viewing parts of profiles that are set to members only or friends only. If you set your pictures to members only or friends only, they will not show up in Google. Profile privacy settings can be set here - I'd highly recommend setting every option to at least members only.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Best to start with what not to do and then work your way out of that. The first general rule of thumb is that any picture you post, ANYWHERE, is very likely to be somewhere on the internet indefinitely. Things just don't go away easily. The harder you try to get rid of them, the more they spread. So don't post anything you wouldn't mind being available on the internet indefinitely.
    Agreed - once it's out there, there's no sure way of taking it back down.

If you put it online, it's there forever. And with facial recognition technology improving rapidly, any picture of you that includes your face is liable to be traced back to you sooner or later, no matter how private you make such picture. If you're fine with taking that risk, then go for it. Otherwise, proceed with extreme caution.

Online and privacy are two words that mix about as well as oil and water.