Thread: The user formerly known as slim

Default The user formerly known as slim

Well hello again friends!

It's been a long summer, far from the internet, far from cellphone service, working a long 9 to 5 for peanuts in the middle of freakin' nowhere. But I'm back in civilization, back on ADISC (time permitting), and perhaps most significantly, back in diapers after an annoyingly long dry spell. That's what happens when you have a roommate, a shared bathroom, and (more importantly) no access to stores and minimal ability to order things online.

It's been a strange three months. I've been interning as a chaplain while also holding down a full time job to earn my room and board. Without providing too much detail, I was stationed out west in an extremely rural area a good 70+ miles from the nearest town. As rewarding of an experience as it was, I think I can assure myself that I don't really have the right skill set for pastoring. That's all well and fine -- I never really had my hopes set on that sort of thing anyway -- but now I'm back to the proverbial drawing board. Part of me wants to pursue a doctorate; the wiser part of me thinks I'll probably end up working in a shelter or some similar program that serves LGBT youth. I still have two more years to figure this stuff out, so there isn't a terribly big rush.

Moving along, I'm trying something I've never done before: I'm changing my user name! I figure I should do it at least once just for kicks, and if it doesn't suit me I'll switch back again after 90 days. So hi again, ADISC, it's good to (re)meet you all! I look forward to catching up with all the happenings of the forum and getting to meet all the new members.

Welcome back slim... Or um wait. You know what I mean. I'm glad to hear your summers been a good one, and as for the rest of the site. well the has been some changes and a good many new members. Good luck getting your proverbial feet wet again!

Quote Originally Posted by ManicMunchkin View Post
    Well hello again friends!

It's been a long summer, far from the internet, far from cellphone service, working a long 9 to 5 for peanuts in the middle of freakin' nowhere. But I'm back in civilization, back on ADISC (time permitting), and perhaps most significantly, back in diapers after an annoyingly long dry spell. That's what happens when you have a roommate, a shared bathroom, and (more importantly) no access to stores and minimal ability to order things online.

It's been a strange three months. I've been interning as a chaplain while also holding down a full time job to earn my room and board. Without providing too much detail, I was stationed out west in an extremely rural area a good 70+ miles from the nearest town. As rewarding of an experience as it was, I think I can assure myself that I don't really have the right skill set for pastoring. That's all well and fine -- I never really had my hopes set on that sort of thing anyway -- but now I'm back to the proverbial drawing board. Part of me wants to pursue a doctorate; the wiser part of me thinks I'll probably end up working in a shelter or some similar program that serves LGBT youth. I still have two more years to figure this stuff out, so there isn't a terribly big rush.

Moving along, I'm trying something I've never done before: I'm changing my user name! I figure I should do it at least once just for kicks, and if it doesn't suit me I'll switch back again after 90 days. So hi again, ADISC, it's good to (re)meet you all! I look forward to catching up with all the happenings of the forum and getting to meet all the new members.
    Hey, welcome back!

Glad to see you back here :P I had been wondering where you ran off to for a while. Glad to see that you at least had a little bit of fun! Working in a shelter would probably be extremely rewarding, but a lot can change in 2 years time! You will probably want to do something different at least a dozen times after all, or at least I change my mind that frequently :P

Hope you catch back up with all of your friends :3 will be fun seeing you post around again.

~ Lobie