Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana for Medical Use

Default Marijuana for Medical Use

I recently made the thread: Smoking, Drinking, and Doing Drugs. This made me think about marijuana used for medical reasons. What do you think? Do you think it should be allowed?

I think it's okay as long as a person has a doctor's recommendation and they're not just smokin it for the heck of it. (Is that how medical marijuana is used, or is it a pill?)

They are legal in certain states. I think it should be legal everywhere.

For as conservative as I am, I do support marijuana for medical use. It's not any more harmful than other legal things like tobacco and alcohol and it can have a number of medical uses, especially for disorders of the eyes.

I get alot of headaches so the government hooks me up with the best chronic... haha

I knew of a kid once who had cancer, and after all the chemo, the only way this guy could eat was after somkeing.

He was able to hold down food if he smoked, otherwise he had no appitite and barfed up everthing he did eat.

Unfortunatly he did die, but his father said, it did help him live a little longer being able to eat without tossing his cookies.

maddi

I had a friend who virtually had to criminalize herself in order to get marijuana for her pain. I felt badly for her because I knew she really needed it for legit reasons, and because of the stupid nonsense laws, it wasn't accessible to her... I really don't understand what is SO AWFUL HORRIBLE or WICKED about weed anyway...

There are a lot of fiscal benefits to legalizing marijuana too. I'm for just flat-out legalizing it so we can make some money from it (like tobacco). I think the whole "medical marijuana" thing is just a cop-out anyway.

I think the issue is driving. It's harder to detect on the spot than alcohol. Personally, it's a natural product that used responsibly can be managed. My problem in college was that I was smoking it every night, though my grades actually went up haha.

Quote Originally Posted by fastandfurious483 View Post
    I think it's okay as long as a person has a doctor's recommendation and they're not just smokin it for the heck of it. (Is that how medical marijuana is used, or is it a pill?)
    I suggest you watch a documentary called super high me. It's informative and hilarious. But anyways there are many ways to get thc into you system: Food, drinks, smoking, vaping, skin creams(the guy that ran the store said skin cremes work i couldnt tell you how accurate that is), tinctures, pills, ect.(pretty much anything you can think of)

As far as weed goes i dont see it ever getting totally legalized. I do support the legalization of medical because its alot easier on your body than some market drugs and can help alot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by d4l View Post
    I suggest you watch a documentary called super high me. It's informative and hilarious. \.
    The VERY first thing I thought of was Supersize Me, the McDonald's documentary. I'll check it out sometime!