Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found a cassette deck for my computer

pamperchu

Default I found a cassette deck for my computer

I found an audio cassette deck for my computer at the goodwill for $1.99.
    Now I can play tapes at my desk ^__^

Who uses tapes anymore ?? For that matter, I see you also have a 5 1/4 floppy disk drive. LOL !! Those are so archaic as well. I dont even think you can find 3.5 floppys around anymore. Time for an upgrade !!

Vintage PC hardware goodness! I wish I still had my old original Walkman.

Quote Originally Posted by DONeill73 View Post
    Who uses tapes anymore ?? For that matter, I see you also have a 5 1/4 floppy disk drive. LOL !! Those are so archaic as well. I dont even think you can find 3.5 floppys around anymore. Time for an upgrade !!
    Pamperchu's PC is likely better then my gaming PC. He more then likely installed those for easy access to random floppy's or tapes he can find.

anyways i got a case of 5 or 10 5 and a half inch floppy's, sealed.

- - - Updated - - -

Pamperchu's PC is likely better then my gaming PC. He more then likely installed those for easy access to random floppy's or tapes he can find.

anyways i got a case of 5 or 10 five and a half inch floppy's, sealed.

pamperchu

I have a large collection of music on tape. I also have one of the best cassette tape decks in my audio rack. I use the 5.25" floppy drive all the time as alot of my old software and games from when I was a kid are on them, plus they are great for storing key files on because no one else can read them. I have about 2000 5.25" disks and about 100 8" disks. I collect and restore vintage electronics and its fun to use.

Default I found a cassette deck for my computer

I was thinking you found a cheap tape drive to do backups. I considered getting one of those myself but they are relatively expensive.

Tapes are great for backups.

I feel the need to point out that there is a blue ray drive right above that

Awesome addition to your computer! *highfives*

Truth to be told, I didn't even know that cassette decks for computers existed! Does it interface with the audio card, get controlled by audio player softwares and allow you to grab audio from the cassette/record audio from the computer to it?

pamperchu

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    Awesome addition to your computer! *highfives*

Truth to be told, I didn't even know that cassette decks for computers existed! Does it interface with the audio card, get controlled by audio player softwares and allow you to grab audio from the cassette/record audio from the computer to it?
    I got it at goodwill missing parts so I patched together a cable that lets me plug it into the line-in line-out on my sound card.

Hahaha Honest to god dude I still have my 3.5 inch Floppies from 8th Grade (This was only 8 years a go!).

Also I know people who will argue to they are dead and gone that Tape cassettes sound better than CD's or MP3s.