Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which you prefer to live in Village or City?

Question Which you prefer to live in Village or City?

Well this thread is inspired from conversation between Me and My cousin. When we were go to my father and mother hometown for family meetings. So which you prefer to live in village or city?

Of course there are Advantages of living in Village like environment of Village is pleasant and silent and it has scenic beauty, less pollution because they don't have many vehicles which means less sound, and also make it less dangerous to driving or cycling. In village since it's small community so you know everyone and you can have many friends, In village you can fresh vegetables and fresh fruits.

But with advantages comes disadvantages of living in Village such as The village has intelligent people. But many people are not educated. Villagerís children go to the villageís school. They are not go to the cityís school. They have difficult to keep up with new developments in their field or profession. Same day villagers live same place. Village people have to face many difficulties for their lives , like traveling problems. They have to go to the city for supply their needs.

What about city? Well obvious advantage of living in city that life is more comfortable. And also there are more opportunities for people to progress their live. There are a lot of facilities for people in the city and they have more opportunities for making money. Children living in the city can get a good education, because there are better school in the town than in the village. And there are many facilities in city such as large shop complexions, banks, offices, cinemas, hostels, clubs, hospitals etc. in and around the city. People in the city have better transport facilities than the village. There is electricity, highway, communication, telecommunication, plumb facilities in the city. So people can lead a comfortable and enjoyable fife in the city.

But live in city has obvious disadvantage such as. The cost of living is very high in the city. Most goods are very expensive. There is no fresh air and pure water. The environment is polluted with dust, smoke, garbage and dioxide gases from factories. Most of the people who live in the city are corrupted. So there are lots of crimes in the city. Many thefts and murders often take place in the city. The city is always busy and noisy. There are a lot of vehicles and people in the road. The streets are dusty and unclean. So it is hard to lead a healthy life in the city.

Well to be honest I'm kinda people who prefer live in city. I don't know why I never enjoy Village life.

Your view of city or village depends a lot on what country you are from. You are from Indonesia so things will be a lot different than here in the United States.
    I live on eight acres five miles from the city. My nearest neighbor is Amish and 1/4 mile away. It is very quiet here.
    We have all the modern conveniences including water electric and high speed internet. There are two major cities about one hour from my house.
    My daughters attended a county school system. The oldest is now a Pharmacist and my youngest is a school teacher.
    I grew up in a major city and moved here as soon as I could. I never looked back.
    I do want to thank you for your insite into life in another country. I always find it interesting to see how others live.

I guess compared to Indonesia, the difference between "country" and "city" is comparatively small. We don't have a mega metropolis like many not-1st world countries. I'm thinking of places like Mexico City, Kuala Lumpur or New Dehli, where no one has even the slightest clue just how many people live there - 10 or 15 or 20 million? Our biggest city is Berlin, and it's surrounded by nothing but empty countryside. Our biggest metropolitan area (Rhein-Ruhr-Sieg) consists of roughly 50-70 independent cities more or less connected to each other but always with stretches of fields and woods in between. While being home to more poeple than London or Moscow, the metro area doesn't feel like any of those big cities.
    On the other hand, we have villages too. None of them are more than an hour's drive or train ride from a city of some respectable size (~80,000 people and up), so it's not that big of a deal to regularly enjoy a city's attractions (shopping, cultural stuff) while still living in a small village. On the other hand, all city people can easy go out into the countryside in usually less than 30-60 minutes of driving, so it's not like they couldn't enjoy a walk in the woods or jumping into a lake or river.

You see, the difference isn't that big. People can do these things, although most regularly won't. People in villages are usually more community oriented, as you described, while city people tend to care less about their neighbors but often more about money and a career.

Personally, I'm more of a city person. Not big cities like London or Moscow. While they're nice to visit for a while (I've been to both), I find that cities can be stressful and eat away your time and money. Medium sized cities are better...cheaper, easier to navigate, fewer stressed people and less overcrowding.

I would much prefer to live in a city. and the reason for this is quite simple.

I'm a pretty outgoing person, and I really like having things to do. Small towns or villages really can't provide this, it's always the same old stuff, and it's very rarely any different. There is also no excitement in towns.

What I like is that, by living in a city, if you want to go out and go to virtually any store, you can go and do that. If you want to go out and eat at any restaurant, it's typically available. New restaurants/pubs/eatery's open all the time in big cities. There is always something new and exciting going on to go out and see.

I love to see the world, I love to go out and explore and see what there is to see (especially late at night).

It's just not the same in a small town, there's no excitement... Cities are bustling, and there's all kinds of stuff going on everywhere! I've lived in a town for almost all of my life, I really don't want to after seeing cities like Phoenix, Toronto, Montreal, etc.

Yeah I agree my opinion is based in Indonesia and of course in another country(Especially in develop country) things may be different. But even if village has some of city facility I guess I still live in city I just love how things work in city.

I prefer the village life: more secluded, less noisy, (maybe) safer, and out-of-the-way. Of course, getting to real important places is a problem: you either drive, or get someone to pick you up, or spend hard earned money using public transport.

I think life in the city is wonderful, so you are safe to assume this skunk is indeed a "city skunk".

Default Which you prefer to live in Village or City?

I would choose to live in a city rather than the countryside.

I live in a residential area, which is perfect for me, I live a 10 minute drive from a gym, 5 minutes from the town centre, 40 minutes from the capital, and there are several other large towns within half an hour, it's not noisy or busy here, there's a park and large woods just down the road, and there's lots of good cycle routes nearby. It is literally perfect, I have easy access to everything I need.

I kind of grew up living in the middle version of this.
    With a little more on the city side.It was a small drive to big major stores tho nothing major and easy to do.

Tho in my opinion village life is better. People are usually more friendly to each other.
    You can say hi to random people they say hi back. As in a city they give you a strange look like you talking to me.
    I can actually look up at a night sky and see stars.
    It just seems more peaceful. Food taste way more better when home grown and so fresh.

Tho I am used to more of a city style life with everything near me and lots of things already done or almost done in some ways.
    It just seems city style is way more spoiled than village.
    The more rural village life is the harder they work for what they got, but they seem to feel more a sense of reward
    for what they do.

I used to live in a city but then one of my parents got a job in a rural town so we moved out there. All in all, I'd say that I vastly prefer cities to the quite life of a town. Plus I thinks its safe to assume that small towns have their own dangers too. In small towns like mine where the closest thing to a fun night out is swimming a lot of kids do drugs/party a lot more. Just saying. This might not be a fact in every small town but here it is, I only have one friend who isn't into drugs or gets drunk a lot.