Thread: How to wet myself + good feeling gone?

Default How to wet myself + good feeling gone?

Hey everyone,

Well I recently bought nappies for the first time ... Some Drynites and Babylove Sleepy Nights (which I think are only available in Australasia).

By recently, I mean yesterday. I wore them all afternoon and that night, but now I'm almost over it - but this is the first time I've actually had nappies that fit me lol! It's almost the feeling wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Has anyone else had this?

I was thinking of trying to wet them - but I can't really bring myself to relax enough to wet them in fear they might leak. Does anyone have any suggestions? That is probably the main point of this thread.

Cheers.

The first time I wore I found it rather anticlimactic too. I found myself shocked at just how normal it felt- I had expected it to feel more special. I had worked myself up into expecting some life altering experience and instead I ended up just feeling more like myself, which is no small thing but not what I had expected. It just wasn't this crazy, mind altering experience that I thought it would be. I expected to cry and be upset and have all sorts of emotions to work through, so the is this it? was somewhat of a disappointment. In the end, though, I am glad that I just feel more like myself when wearing. It's a very happy, relaxing place to be.

As for getting used to wetting them, I would recommend doing it in the shower or bathroom where cleanup is easy if it leaks. You will learn how much you can trust the particular diapers you bought and also discover that if it leaks it's really not that big of a deal anyway (and my even come to enjoy it- I know I do.) But do try the shower. Most of us will pee while showering, so it's not a big leap to do it in a diaper with water off. Or sit on the toilet with a diaper on. That used to help me a lot when I would want to wet my panties or pants before I acknowledged my need for diapers. I also found that making sure to have a really full bladder helps just because your body wants relief.

the anticipation before getting to wear is very commonly more exciting for me than actually putting on a diaper and using it. that could be the case for you; it might be a good idea to make wearing diapers a sort of special occasion.
    as for getting used to wetting, try putting one on and sitting or standing in a bathtub and wetting until it leaks. this way you get a feel for how you can best wet it and know its limitations.

it's sort of an experience thing, you get more comfortable with it the more you do it.

All I can say is don't try to force it or anything. 'Cause your nads are gonna hurt something fierce if you do. I SHOULD KNOW, because I read a book about forcing yourself to pee in a diaper and right there someone wrote in the margins "It is so freakin true that it hurts your nads to force yourself to pee in a diaper", and who am I to argue with a pink gel pen in this expensive-if-obscure library book?

Some people say that sitting on the toilet helps the first a million times but it didn't really do anything for me. It'll come to you, one day, or night, and you will be like wow, awesome. Now I can do that. And you can, and will! (Do that)

Quote Originally Posted by CycleChick View Post
    The first time I wore I found it rather anticlimactic too. I found myself shocked at just how normal it felt- I had expected it to feel more special. I had worked myself up into expecting some life altering experience and instead I ended up just feeling more like myself, which is no small thing but not what I had expected. It just wasn't this crazy, mind altering experience that I thought it would be. I expected to cry and be upset and have all sorts of emotions to work through, so the is this it? was somewhat of a disappointment. In the end, though, I am glad that I just feel more like myself when wearing. It's a very happy, relaxing place to be.

As for getting used to wetting them, I would recommend doing it in the shower or bathroom where cleanup is easy if it leaks. You will learn how much you can trust the particular diapers you bought and also discover that if it leaks it's really not that big of a deal anyway (and my even come to enjoy it- I know I do.) But do try the shower. Most of us will pee while showering, so it's not a big leap to do it in a diaper with water off. Or sit on the toilet with a diaper on. That used to help me a lot when I would want to wet my panties or pants before I acknowledged my need for diapers. I also found that making sure to have a really full bladder helps just because your body wants relief.
    Particularly because I wore pull up nappies (Drynites and Sleepy Nights) rather than ones with tapes I think really made it feel more normal than I originally anticipated, as you said similarly happened to you. Other than the fact when I woke up I sometimes found it hard to go back to sleep because I kept on thinking about what I was wearing, I think it still helped me sleep easier and better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakRoo View Post
    the anticipation before getting to wear is very commonly more exciting for me than actually putting on a diaper and using it. that could be the case for you; it might be a good idea to make wearing diapers a sort of special occasion.
    as for getting used to wetting, try putting one on and sitting or standing in a bathtub and wetting until it leaks. this way you get a feel for how you can best wet it and know its limitations.

it's sort of an experience thing, you get more comfortable with it the more you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Point View Post
    All I can say is don't try to force it or anything. 'Cause your nads are gonna hurt something fierce if you do. I SHOULD KNOW, because I read a book about forcing yourself to pee in a diaper and right there someone wrote in the margins "It is so freakin true that it hurts your nads to force yourself to pee in a diaper", and who am I to argue with a pink gel pen in this expensive-if-obscure library book?

Some people say that sitting on the toilet helps the first a million times but it didn't really do anything for me. It'll come to you, one day, or night, and you will be like wow, awesome. Now I can do that. And you can, and will! (Do that)
    I peed in them this morning I took a bit of that advice, I'm not sure why I didn't think of it sooner. I just sat on the toilet and slowly filled them. I'd been drinking the night before, had heaps of water than night, another glass in the morning so by the morning I REALLY needed to go. I still couldn't relax enough to empty my bladder (once I took them off I went some more). But it is a starting point. It didn't leak or anything, so that's a bonus.

I think overall now that I'm over the initial "feeling", what I expect and feel is more realistic. Thanks all for your help.

Although I still think I felt better about nappies before I actually had some to wear. Maybe I'll buy something more than nappies to go with it, might help the feel good feeling.