Thread: New here and a bit on the shy side.

Default New here and a bit on the shy side.

I just found this forum while searching around to see if there is a community where I can feel at home. I have always been extreemly shy. If my wife didn't ask me out, we would have never started dating.

I have a strong fem side that I have tried to hide my whole life (not very well as evident by kids I grew up with calling me names like sissy and others I will not put here out pf respect).

I am a truck driver. I built my own chopper that should be done shortly. I try to play bass guitar and I absolutely love old cars.

I'm very confused about my life and the things I feel so I have been reading a lot on this site over the last week to try and get a better understanding. I have been reading a lot of posts from some realy nice and understanding people and I hope to get to know you all better.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietside View Post
    I just found this forum while searching around to see if there is a community where I can feel at home. I have always been extreemly shy. If my wife didn't ask me out, we would have never started dating.

I have a strong fem side that I have tried to hide my whole life (not very well as evident by kids I grew up with calling me names like sissy and others I will not put here out pf respect).

I am a truck driver. I built my own chopper that should be done shortly. I try to play bass guitar and I absolutely love old cars.

I'm very confused about my life and the things I feel so I have been reading a lot on this site over the last week to try and get a better understanding. I have been reading a lot of posts from some realy nice and understanding people and I hope to get to know you all better.
    Hello and welcome to the site. You are right. This is a great site to gain both insight as to who we are, and to feel accepted. By feeling accepted through the membership, one begins to accept themselves, and that's the best part.

For feeling somewhat feminine, you certainly do a lot of manly things. I'm a complicated person, and have explored both sides of my sexuality, but I've also built two cars for the quarter mile track. I've done a lot of fishing in Canada where there was no electricity nor indoor bathroom plumbing. Fortunately as people, we are defined by many things, not just one. Be you and enjoy yourself for who you are. You owe no one an explanation for how you are made. We are all unique and wonderfully made.

- - - Updated - - -

It is kinda funny. I will hang out with a bunch of bikers and the whole time I have Victoria's Secret keeping me comfy. My wife told me that I am the manliest girl she has ever met. Kinda makes me smile when she says it.

Hey Quietside!

Looks like you've found the right place, and I'm so glad that your wife is so accepting! That's one of the most important things in a relationship (imo).

What is your favourite car? I'm not much of a fan of old cars, or know tonnes of cars to even make such a decision. But my favourite "current" car would be the Lotus Elise.

There are some articles you could look at this article, about accepting yourself. It may help you understand it a bit more. It's the hardest thing, to understand where something like this comes from.

Of course, you can go threw all of the articles! There is a lot of great information there for all kinds of questions.

There is no need to be shy around here, we don't bite and we are always happy to have new members!

I hope to see you contributing more and more on ADISC, and hope you have fun the whole time!

- Lobie

Thank you Lobie. I have 2a dream cars . I chose them as my dream cars because with a little time to save up the money, I could actually buy these two. #1 is a 1976 Stingray Corvette with manual transmission. #2 would be a 1985 Camaro IROC with a 350 engine , manual tranny and T-tops. I would prefer to buy one in great shape but wouldn't mind restoring one myself if need be.

A Lotus is nice. I drove one a couple times about 20 years ago but I just prefer the larger sports cars.

Not my dream car but I would actually love to have a porsche 914 to run around town as my toy car.

Thank you Lobie. I have 2a dream cars . I chose them as my dream cars because with a little time to save up the money, I could actually buy these two. #1 is a 1976 Stingray Corvette with manual transmission. #2 would be a 1985 Camaro IROC with a 350 engine , manual tranny and T-tops. I would prefer to buy one in great shape but wouldn't mind restoring one myself if need be.

A Lotus is nice. I drove one a couple times about 20 years ago but I just prefer the larger sports cars.

Not my dream car but I would actually love to have a porsche 914 to run around town as my toy car.
    Wow! At least I do know Stingray corvette, and Camaro's, love how they look.

I've never had the chance to be in a lotus, I just love the look of them so much! A porsche is another car I would love to hand (More exact 911 Carerra GT).

Anyways, welcome to ADISC again! There are a lot of car lovers around here