Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Republican National Convention

  1. #1

    Default Republican National Convention

    So, here we are. First day of the RNC. I don't really know where this topic is going, but here are a few tidbits of information:

    -"Gavel-to-gavel" coverage on C-SPAN.
    -Due to Tropical Storm/Hurricane Issac, the convention was pushed back a day.
    -Ron Paul has already had his own independent rally.
    -Security in Tampa is rather high tech. Including drones and military-type riot gear.
    -Protest turnout is low due to whether.
    -Apparently there has been some deal struck (according to C-SPAN) where Ron Paul delegates have been replaced with Romney delegates.
    -Ann Romney will be giving her speech tonight. Paul Ryan will be giving his acceptance speech tomorrow followed by Mitt Romney the day after.

    That's all I really have for now. All are welcome to comment/give opinions.

  2. #2

    Default Republican National Convention

    What does it say about me that I'm looking forward to this just to ear the qq from Paul supporters (as in, the ones that still think Paul might be president)?

    Anyway, the conventions (both Republican and Democrat) don't interest me this year. Zero suspense except how big of a moron Trump will make himself.

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm a little disturbed that the Paul delegates got swapped out, given that I put some of them there. In reality, I think I got a fair trade out of the deal when they named Paul Ryan for VP.

  4. #4
    BigC300

    Default Republican National Convention

    I wonder how many Congressmen and Senators will be representing us at the convention? :-)

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    Anyway, the conventions (both Republican and Democrat) don't interest me this year. Zero suspense except how big of a moron Trump will make himself.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

    Basically it's a gathering of idiots trying make one idiot look like he could be a good president. There will be speeches about the economy, then one dumb ass will make the mistake of voicing his radically conservative opinion about abortion or gay marriage, the media will make a big deal about it, and it will be forgotten in a month or so.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    What does it say about me that I'm looking forward to this just to ear the qq from Paul supporters (as in, the ones that still think Paul might be president)?
    Surprisingly very little disturbance from the Ron Paul delegation from what I've seen.



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I'm a little disturbed that the Paul delegates got swapped out, given that I put some of them there. In reality, I think I got a fair trade out of the deal when they named Paul Ryan for VP.
    There were a few votes for Ron Paul when they took the officially delegate vote, but less than he gained throughout the election I believe.



    Quote Originally Posted by BigC300 View Post
    I wonder how many Congressmen and Senators will be representing us at the convention? :-)
    It seems they brought on everyone who is running for some congressional office. They came on for a few minutes. It was rather bland though, "I'm representing X district home of Y and Z. Obama's policies have been negative on America. God bless America!" That was pretty much every speech.



    Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    Basically it's a gathering of idiots trying make one idiot look like he could be a good president. There will be speeches about the economy, then one dumb ass will make the mistake of voicing his radically conservative opinion about abortion or gay marriage, the media will make a big deal about it, and it will be forgotten in a month or so.
    That "one dumb ass" would be Akin this year, and he was taken off the invite list promptly. lol

  7. #7

    Default Republican National Convention



    Quote Originally Posted by Auby View Post
    Surprisingly very little disturbance from the Ron Paul delegation from what I've seen.
    Well, they've obviously known for a long time that they had no chances of winning.

  8. #8

    Default

    I live in Brandon, FL which is about 30 mins east of Tampa and all I can say about this is i'm happy of the money they are brining in but that's it. Hate is a strong word and while I don't hate all republicans, (I'm actually a fan of Ron Paul), I hate Mitt Romney with a pasion. He will destory this country because all he cares about is money. When You have an elevator in your garage for your cars you are compleately out of touch with the middle class.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I live in Brandon, FL which is about 30 mins east of Tampa and all I can say about this is i'm happy of the money they are brining in but that's it. Hate is a strong word and while I don't hate all republicans, (I'm actually a fan of Ron Paul), I hate Mitt Romney with a pasion. He will destory this country because all he cares about is money. When You have an elevator in your garage for your cars you are compleately out of touch with the middle class.
    I've never really felt this way about Romney. He's no saint, but I do believe that he has a heart, and is a lot more complex than we give him credit for. He was a bishop in the Mormon church in the 80's and early 90's where he had to help others and work on a personal basis with those much less fortunate for him, and I don't think an elevator is enough to say he's lost touch with "the 99%." What I see his biggest issue being is that he is "socially awkward." He can't talk to a large bloc of voters for some reason, and he's someone you either love or hate usually unlike the very relateable Obama. He's just not as charismatic as Obama or any of his former competition, and that seriously hurts him in the long run. While I think platform is the most important thing, no one wants to feel as if they're getting the cold shoulder from a candidate. Mitt Romney actually can articulate what he wants to do very well when he gets opportunities, and that's probably because he's got a lot of skills of proposing business plans, but small talk seems to be his greatest weakness. I'm pretty sure you have a lot more objections than that about Romney, but that's just my on why I think people feel Romney is out of touch.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I live in Brandon, FL which is about 30 mins east of Tampa and all I can say about this is i'm happy of the money they are brining in but that's it. Hate is a strong word and while I don't hate all republicans, (I'm actually a fan of Ron Paul), I hate Mitt Romney with a pasion. He will destory this country because all he cares about is money. When You have an elevator in your garage for your cars you are compleately out of touch with the middle class.
    So a guy has money to put an elevator in his garage and he is out of touch with the middle class, to me all that means is that he has money and he chooses to spend it the way he chooses to. He has money because he worked for it and he made it happen he just has more than most people do, sure I would like to have what he has but the fact is that I don't I would like to work my way up there someday. I really wasn't a fan of Romney until he chose a conservative running mate.

Similar Threads

  1. Republican Presidential Candidates
    By ChriscoStick in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 19-Dec-2011, 01:49
  2. Republican response to rhetoric question
    By Coyote_Howl in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-Jan-2011, 06:31
  3. AB/DL Convention
    By FrozenFox in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 19-Oct-2010, 03:32
  4. Christianity in Republican doctrine
    By aielen in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-Sep-2009, 01:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.