Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Cool Hello!

Hello,

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I look forward to this forum. I am an AB/DL, and have been my whole life. I have never meet anyone within the community before or even posted online before this forum today. I was always afraid. But I am ready to accept who I am and be happy. I look forward to talking with everyone.

Outside my AB life I am in the Technology industry, and I have an interest in cars, mainly fast ones.

I hate cold weather and snow and prefer to spend my time in warm weather. I do a fair share of traveling, mainly domestic, but I like to get around.

Thanks for having me here!

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecars View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I look forward to this forum. I am an AB/DL, and have been my whole life. I have never meet anyone within the community before or even posted online before this forum today. I was always afraid. But I am ready to accept who I am and be happy. I look forward to talking with everyone.

Outside my AB life I am in the Technology industry, and I have an interest in cars, mainly fast ones.

I hate cold weather and snow and prefer to spend my time in warm weather. I do a fair share of traveling, mainly domestic, but I like to get around.

Thanks for having me here!
    Hi welcome to ADISC.

Another car fan welcome so what is your favorite cars? Well I love cars especially classic ones and I like every one of them. I have lot of Favorites but top on my list is Volkswagen Karmann Ghia, Ferrari 250 GTO, Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10), Ford Torino 428 Cobra Jet, Dodge Charger 500. anyway welcome and enjoy ADISC.

Fast cars are always good. Although I prefer it if they know how to go round a corner too. :p but yeah. Personally I'm an absolute Subaru nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwidl View Post
    Fast cars are always good. Although I prefer it if they know how to go round a corner too. :p but yeah. Personally I'm an absolute Subaru nut.
    Going around a corner is always good. But in todays modern cars sometimes I feel the driving aids take away from the true pleasure and feel of the car.

I like 2 groups of fast cars. I like a big sedan with a lot of power as a daily driver. Anything from an M5 to an S65. And for the weekends I like a more traditional sports car, one with a big engine, not something like a 911. I prefer the raw torque in a Viper to the elegance of many hi revving supercars.

Dont get me wrong a 911 is a great car, but its more fun on a track than on a road to me, and I drive on the road.

But overall, if I have to sum it up, I am an AMG fan. (They are by far my favorites, but i just wish they offered a true manual. If they offered that, I would throw BMW and M out of existence in my book)

I couldn't agree more with your comment about true manuals. The problem is that the people who have the money to buy these sorts of cars new are too concerned with looks instead of actual driving pleasure, and this is the major problem here. They only sell a manual M5 in LHD markets these days for hose same reasons. And yes, I do agree that electronic aids can take away some of the pleasure of driving, but at the same time, for inexperienced/poor drivers they can be a life-saver.

Going around a corner is always good. But in todays modern cars sometimes I feel the driving aids take away from the true pleasure and feel of the car.

I like 2 groups of fast cars. I like a big sedan with a lot of power as a daily driver. Anything from an M5 to an S65. And for the weekends I like a more traditional sports car, one with a big engine, not something like a 911. I prefer the raw torque in a Viper to the elegance of many hi revving supercars.

Dont get me wrong a 911 is a great car, but its more fun on a track than on a road to me, and I drive on the road.

But overall, if I have to sum it up, I am an AMG fan. (They are by far my favorites, but i just wish they offered a true manual. If they offered that, I would throw BMW and M out of existence in my book)
    Yeah I think modern cars lose the feeling of the cars thanks to Driving aids and many safety things. That's why I prefer Classic Cars.

I also love idea of fast saloon that's why I like M5 but the older version (E28! Ur-M5). The only modern supercars that catch my eyes is the new 458 Italia what a car.

Yeah It sad that some manufacturer don't offer proper Manual not some hybrid transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by archer View Post
    Yeah I think modern cars lose the feeling of the cars thanks to Driving aids and many safety things. That's why I prefer Classic Cars.

I also love idea of fast saloon that's why I like M5 but the older version (E28! Ur-M5). The only modern supercars that catch my eyes is the new 458 Italia what a car.

Yeah It sad that some manufacturer don't offer proper Manual not some hybrid transmission.
    I can tell that you (Archer) are not in the US from you calling it a saloon. In the US there are almost no Manual trans cars available anymore. They are much more common in Europe I believe. What about where you live?

No sure where most of the rest of you live at as well, and if its the same there or not?

Also Archer, E28! Thats a rare M5. But I know what you mean. Mine's the last year of the V10 and with a proper Manual, an E60, but it takes five minutes to put it in M mode, fully disable traction and stability control and Get DSC, MDM, EDC where they need to be and deal with more acronyms that no one cares about, and then after all that I can finally drive off properly. In 1988 the E28 would have won the race before I got it into 1st gear.

Nice. You have a manual E60? That's one rare beast... At least in NZ anyway. I would actually own an E12 over anything newer. I love the classic 70s and early 80s BMWs. Personally I wouldn't have a 458. Beautiful, yes, but no soul. A classic Ferrari, any one of them, would be so much more evocative.

Yes, due to fuel being extremely expensive in Europe (and the fact their streets are tiny) they all drive cheap, small manuals. Quite a few are diesel too.

I can tell that you (Archer) are not in the US from you calling it a saloon. In the US there are almost no Manual trans cars available anymore. They are much more common in Europe I believe. What about where you live?

No sure where most of the rest of you live at as well, and if its the same there or not?

Also Archer, E28! Thats a rare M5. But I know what you mean. Mine's the last year of the V10 and with a proper Manual, an E60, but it takes five minutes to put it in M mode, fully disable traction and stability control and Get DSC, MDM, EDC where they need to be and deal with more acronyms that no one cares about, and then after all that I can finally drive off properly. In 1988 the E28 would have won the race before I got it into 1st gear.
    Yup I'm not live in US I'm from Indonesia. Although we used term Sedan rather than Saloon that maybe because my english is heavily influenced from UK. What they don't sold manual in US anymore? that is sad I think they still sold manual in europe though. Oh and back here manual is still very popular choice but since traffic jams becoming worst lately(especially in city) Automatic is become more popular.

Nice you owned E60? I heard about recent electronic feature in some modern cars it said that you can have different choice of anything in your cars. I guess is must be true.

Nice. You have a manual E60? That's one rare beast... At least in NZ anyway. I would actually own an E12 over anything newer. I love the classic 70s and early 80s BMWs. Personally I wouldn't have a 458. Beautiful, yes, but no soul. A classic Ferrari, any one of them, would be so much more evocative.

Yes, due to fuel being extremely expensive in Europe (and the fact their streets are tiny) they all drive cheap, small manuals. Quite a few are diesel too.
    Yeah I love 458 but if that is my money I prefer it on something classic. Be careful on what you said not every classic Ferrari is a good car (400,Mondial).

Nice. You have a manual E60? That's one rare beast... At least in NZ anyway.
    Thanks, It's rare here too, most have the SMG. But I love my Manual E60. Most other M5 owner try to claim that their SMG is faster but if you know how to drive they are pretty dead even.

I like classic cars too, but I am also a computer geek so I like my daily driver to have all the gadgets, nav, ipod, and an awesome stereo (not the BMW stock system).