Thread: New In Town. (Or least to these parts)

Default New In Town. (Or least to these parts)

Heyy guys, Im Matty, from England! So i've been an AB for a few years now, recently been researching about the lifestyle in the last few years and find it very interesting- Just average AB really, visiting a few nurseries met wonderful people, and am looking to meet more =D

Outside of being an AB I am a filmmaker, specializing in producing, still at university but am building my own production company, making films based on the past at the moment. I have also dabbled in producing an off Westend musical. Aside from professional life I love biking and hiking, have a love for wildlife, especially doggies! Im also a trained Baritone singer, and enjoy travelling, planning to go to New York next year! =D

So yes, if you do fancy getting to know me more, I would be delighted! PM me! (please)

Thanks for reading! Much hugs!

Matty x

Quote Originally Posted by Critchy View Post
    Heyy guys, Im Matty, from England! So i've been an AB for a few years now, recently been researching about the lifestyle in the last few years and find it very interesting- Just average AB really, visiting a few nurseries met wonderful people, and am looking to meet more =D

Outside of being an AB I am a filmmaker, specializing in producing, still at university but am building my own production company, making films based on the past at the moment. I have also dabbled in producing an off Westend musical. Aside from professional life I love biking and hiking, have a love for wildlife, especially doggies! Im also a trained Baritone singer, and enjoy travelling, planning to go to New York next year! =D

So yes, if you do fancy getting to know me more, I would be delighted! PM me! (please)

Thanks for reading! Much hugs!

Matty x
    Welcome! Filmmaking can be a lot of fun. Are you doing it as a hobby or as a career? My bachelors is actually in television and digital media production, but while it was fun to do production and whatnot, I found it lackluster as a means of making a living. It's a hard field to break into and stay into, it's not at all stable, and the payoff is not commensurate with the work put in most of the time. I have a good friend that's recently started making horror movies purely as a hobby, and he loves it. What sorts of movies are you doing?

And welcome!

Welcome there Matty. Apart from other things I do like writing my alg blog while living the life (details on my profile), I enjoy photography, music and like walking. Is there any particular area in the UK you enjoy walking in?

=D Thankyou Dragon! Yeahh im kinda dreading the future as a career, but im going to give it a shot- I really enjoy it and its something I want to really try at, if that doesnt work im going to become a travel agent, or work at a zoo or something XD Did you make it production, like was I take it was hard to get the foot in the door as it were? Im producing a 19th century period drama at the moment, got a steady budget and funding so hopefully will be able to enter some festivals lol

Heyy Joanne! What music are you into? I like walking in the lake district, and recently went to the isle of skye for a walking holiday, wish I had a bit more tracks where I live, but do alot of weekend walking in goring ect lol, what about yourself?

Hugs
    Matty x

=D Thankyou Dragon! Yeahh im kinda dreading the future as a career, but im going to give it a shot- I really enjoy it and its something I want to really try at, if that doesnt work im going to become a travel agent, or work at a zoo or something XD Did you make it production, like was I take it was hard to get the foot in the door as it were? Im producing a 19th century period drama at the moment, got a steady budget and funding so hopefully will be able to enter some festivals lol

Heyy Joanne! What music are you into? I like walking in the lake district, and recently went to the isle of skye for a walking holiday, wish I had a bit more tracks where I live, but do alot of weekend walking in goring ect lol, what about yourself?

Hugs
    Matty x
    I worked doing corporate video. I never really was drawn to the film side of things as much, as I liked the more frequent change in projects it afforded. I did production work, both live and edit suite stuff, for about four years before the work just dried up too much. I wound up working in a video archive for a few years before I finally decided that I was going to go back to get a masters in urban planning. There are some people that have a genuine passion for it and can make it work really well, and I hope that you are one of them. It can be a lot of fun! I especially enjoyed doing CG work for fast-paced live productions. Probably the funnest gig I ever had was doing all the live CG for hockey. That's a rush that no drug can mirror, and despite sitting in a chair for the length of a hockey game plus a couple hours, it's physically exhausting.

You'll have to show us a trailer or something when you've got one cut. I imagine doing a period piece takes a bit of budget for props and costuming and stuff, not to mention the work of making sure you don't have any bits that aren't supposed to exist yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Hugs
    Matty x
    I worked doing corporate video. I never really was drawn to the film side of things as much, as I liked the more frequent change in projects it afforded. I did production work, both live and edit suite stuff, for about four years before the work just dried up too much. I wound up working in a video archive for a few years before I finally decided that I was going to go back to get a masters in urban planning. There are some people that have a genuine passion for it and can make it work really well, and I hope that you are one of them. It can be a lot of fun! I especially enjoyed doing CG work for fast-paced live productions. Probably the funnest gig I ever had was doing all the live CG for hockey. That's a rush that no drug can mirror, and despite sitting in a chair for the length of a hockey game plus a couple hours, it's physically exhausting.

You'll have to show us a trailer or something when you've got one cut. I imagine doing a period piece takes a bit of budget for props and costuming and stuff, not to mention the work of making sure you don't have any bits that aren't supposed to exist yet.