Thread: Appendicitis attack?

Default Appendicitis attack?

I know you people aren't all doctors, I would just like some input.

Last night, when I was getting ready for bed, my lower right side began to hurt severely. It would hurt when I would walk, move, sit down, or breathe. I had to refrain from coughing or laughing as it would flare up again. I told my mom and she made me take some tylenol. We narrowed it down so I knew I wasn't constipated or had cramps.

I called my friend and he told me to go to bed. If it kept me awake for an hour, I should go to the hospital. Well, I fell asleep within that range, and when I woke up, it didn't hurt bad at all. When I walk, there's just a sensitive feeling in that area, but no real pain. Does anyone know if this was an appendicitis attack or something else? I'm really concerned, as I do not want this episode to happen again. Thanks.

Sorry, man. I dont have much to tell you, but whatever it is, im sure it will get worked out. Good luck!

I wouldn't even pretend to know. However, if it flares up again go to a doctor. If it is appendicitis it needs to be looked at.

Shu, we took our son to the hospital years ago because of adominal pain that had him bent over. It wasn't his appendix, just another intestinal problem. The doctor did tell us however, an appendix attack gives you pain in a very specific location. As others have recommended, if it flares up again badly or doesn't go away completely, you need to be checked out. If it's your appendix, they'll be able to pretty much tell by a simple examination to feel the location where you're having the pain.

I have quite a story about this. I was at a cubs game in July of 2005, and just didn't feel good. By the time I got home, I knew something was wrong. It feels like you're going to throw up and have to go #2 at the same time, but you can't do either. Brutal. My mom took me to the hospital and in a few hours they had me in surgery removing it.