Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Evening One and All

Default Good Evening One and All

Hello, my name is Veldar.

I'm not one who usually post anything online, so please bear with me lol. I get pretty blank headed when trying to write anything down. Anyway I've recently graduated from college 2 years ago, and on the prowl for a job in my field. I like to read a lot of books in the sci-fi genre. I also like to play games such as minecraft, Evochron Mercenary, League of Legends, as well as, some tabletop games. I also like to go on bike rides/long walks which usually gives me a lot of time to think. For the most part I hang out with my small group of close friends,but also like to have quite a bit of alone time.

As to what brings me here. I've been a diaper lover for about 2-3 years now. But previously before this last month I have had a few extreme cycles of binge/purge. I have just currently started to accept my DL side a little bit more now; which is what led me to this site. It seems to be a clean forum, compared to some of the others that I have seen up to this point. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a better understanding of myself and my DL side by joining this community. Though I'm not entirely sure what exactly i'm looking for; I believe that this forum may help me find it.

With that I bid you all good night.
    Veldar

Quote Originally Posted by Veldar View Post

I'm not one who usually post anything online, so please bear with me lol. I get pretty blank headed when trying to write anything down. Anyway I've recently graduated from college 2 years ago, and on the prowl for a job in my field. I like to read a lot of books in the sci-fi genre. I also like to play games such as minecraft, Evochron Mercenary, League of Legends, as well as, some tabletop games. I also like to go on bike rides/long walks which usually gives me a lot of time to think. For the most part I hang out with my small group of close friends,but also like to have quite a bit of alone time.

As to what brings me here. I've been a diaper lover for about 2-3 years now. But previously before this last month I have had a few extreme cycles of binge/purge. I have just currently started to accept my DL side a little bit more now; which is what led me to this site. It seems to be a clean forum, compared to some of the others that I have seen up to this point. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a better understanding of myself and my DL side by joining this community. Though I'm not entirely sure what exactly i'm looking for; I believe that this forum may help me find it.

Veldar
    Hi and welcome to the site Veldar. Veldar sounds like a scifi name. I'm into scifi as well, but I'm more eclectic in my reading. I like anything which makes an attempt to scare me. I also write, in the horror/scary genre. Like you, I enjoy riding a bike. I have a Trek 7.5 which I take out on our trail. It's an old rail line and extends for about 15 miles, going through a tunnel and across several bridges and even crosses an island on the James River.

A lot of us go through the binge/purge cycle. I have my on and off cycles, but no real purging, at least, not anymore. It takes a while to accept all of this, and I think this site is a great place to feel better about one's self. Just by reading the comments from members who accept themselves helps for self acceptance. We also discuss many other things, so welcome. I'm sure you will have a good time joining in on the many discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Veldar
    I feel like you and I will get on pretty well. I too am into sci-fi, and I'm a big Star Trek fan. I do a bit of tabletop gaming, as well, and I'm an avid cyclist.

And I'm quite familiar with the binge-purge thing. Oh man, did I do that as a teenager!

So tell us, what sorts of sci-fi do you watch? Chances are I've at least heard of whatever it is, since my partner has no ability to discern between terrible sci-fi and good sci-fi. What do you like in terms of tabletop games?

And the cyclist is going to ask-what do you have for a ride?

Of course, welcome to our little tree fort! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
    Last edited by GoldDragonAurkarm; 27-Aug-2012 at 04:16. Reason: Removing the double post

[snipped]As to what brings me here. I've been a diaper lover for about 2-3 years now. But previously before this last month I have had a few extreme cycles of binge/purge. I have just currently started to accept my DL side a little bit more now; which is what led me to this site. It seems to be a clean forum, compared to some of the others that I have seen up to this point. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a better understanding of myself and my DL side by joining this community. Though I'm not entirely sure what exactly i'm looking for; I believe that this forum may help me find it.

Veldar
    Welcome to ADISC, I hope you'll like it here. One thing that caught my eye about your intro is that you describe yourself as being a DL for three years on the outside, which would make you a bit of a late starter (seems like most of us feel something as children and act on it in some way as teens). We don't usually dwell too much on the diaper stuff in intros because that's something most of us have in common but this is a little different. Care to elaborate on how you stumbled onto this?

First and foremost, thank you all for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it. As for your questions, let me work through them in order.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDragonAurkarm View Post
    I feel like you and I will get on pretty well. I too am into sci-fi, and I'm a big Star Trek fan. I do a bit of tabletop gaming, as well, and I'm an avid cyclist.

And I'm quite familiar with the binge-purge thing. Oh man, did I do that as a teenager!

So tell us, what sorts of sci-fi do you watch? Chances are I've at least heard of whatever it is, since my partner has no ability to discern between terrible sci-fi and good sci-fi. What do you like in terms of tabletop games?

And the cyclist is going to ask-what do you have for a ride?

Of course, welcome to our little tree fort! I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
    For Sci-fi, I like to watch Eureka, Dr. Who, Warehouse 13, just to name a few. I mostly enjoy sci-fi through books though. such as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Eternity's End by Jeffrey Carver, and some of Issac Asimov's books as well. Pretty much any sci-fi book I can buy from my local library when they have a book sale.

For tabletop games I've played both D&D 4th Edition, and a Fallout style tabletop game called Exodus. My brother and I would take turns between campaigns. He would be the DM for Exodus, while I would be the one for D&D. I also play Magic the Gathering with my friends whenever we get a chance, though I'm not to familiar with the newer features of MTG such as planeswalker cards.

As of right now I have a Mongoose XR75 for a bicycle. I haven't been able to ride it lately though because my last trip on it almost destroyed it. Thirteen mile trip on a 120 dollar bike from Wal-mart that I've had for a couple of years equals parts of the bike falling off or snapping by the end of the trip. One of these days I'm going to have to invest in a decent bike that is a bit over the 100 dollar mark. Because from personal experience, you definitely get what you paid for when you buy bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Welcome to ADISC, I hope you'll like it here. One thing that caught my eye about your intro is that you describe yourself as being a DL for three years on the outside, which would make you a bit of a late starter (seems like most of us feel something as children and act on it in some way as teens). We don't usually dwell too much on the diaper stuff in intros because that's something most of us have in common but this is a little different. Care to elaborate on how you stumbled onto this?
    As for this question, I'm going to have a little trouble answering for 2 reasons. First is because I have a hard time pinpointing my initial contact/thoughts about my affinity with diapers. Secondly is because this is the first time I have ever really opened up about this side of my life. It's something I've kept private for a long time. But maybe talking about it will help me get a better insight into myself, so I'll give it a try.

When I say I've been a DL for 2~3 years, I'm really referring to when I started acquiring actual diapers from my local pharmacy at college. My affinity for them started when I was around 16 to almost 18 years old.
    I'm not quite sure when it started, but as to why I would have to say padding. The feeling of extra, soft material down below made me feel more calm, happy and secure. Mostly rolled up towels in the shape of a diaper. My first real step towards diapers though was around the 18 year mark. I bought 2 large cotton sheets and a bag of cotton fluff stuffing. I had had a little experience with sewing by hand so I cut a pattern out of the two clothes added the cotton fluff, and started to sew. Took me about 2 weeks to complete it, working on it on and off. At the end I had a homemade diaper that would fit snugly under my jeans. When no one else was at home, I went to my basement and put them on under my jeans. It was so comfortable, i couldn't remember a time I have felt so calm. I'm not sure as to why, but after a few minutes of wearing it I released my bladder. During those moments it felt that every worry that I had just washed away. Needless to say the homemade concoction leaked all over. I felt so guilty and full of shame. I burned all of the materials and the homemade diaper in the burning barrel, and didn't have any interaction with diapers until 2~3 years ago.

That is when I started buying actual diapers store. I would use 1 or 2 of them out of a pack of 16 or more, enjoy the comfortable secure feeling with the lack of any worries, and then proceed directly to getting rid of the rest of the pack of diapers and feel guilty. This cycle would repeat every 4~6 months. It is only recently I have been trying to accept this side of my life a bit more. Which is why I started checking online for websites about this. Then I stumbled upon this website and have been reading posts for the past week or two. Decided to join since I thought the forum and the community could help me understand myself better. And now I believe it has started me down that road.

Thank you Trevor for that question. It actually help me understand myself a bit more now. I'm going to eat a bit now since this was a little draining emotionally, but not in a bad way.

See you all around later,
    Veldar

P.S. If it seems a little bit too much descriptively, just let me know and I'll edit it. I wasn't paying attention to all the details I was giving. I was more focused on what I was saying.
    Last edited by Veldar; 27-Aug-2012 at 23:26. Reason: it double posted my message

First and foremost, thank you all for the warm welcome. I really appreciate it. As for your questions, let me work through them in order.

For Sci-fi, I like to watch Eureka, Dr. Who, Warehouse 13, just to name a few. I mostly enjoy sci-fi through books though. such as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Eternity's End by Jeffrey Carver, and some of Issac Asimov's books as well. Pretty much any sci-fi book I can buy from my local library when they have a book sale.

For tabletop games I've played both D&D 4th Edition, and a Fallout style tabletop game called Exodus. My brother and I would take turns between campaigns. He would be the DM for Exodus, while I would be the one for D&D. I also play Magic the Gathering with my friends whenever we get a chance, though I'm not to familiar with the newer features of MTG such as planeswalker cards.

As of right now I have a Mongoose XR75 for a bicycle. I haven't been able to ride it lately though because my last trip on it almost destroyed it. Thirteen mile trip on a 120 dollar bike from Wal-mart that I've had for a couple of years equals parts of the bike falling off or snapping by the end of the trip. One of these days I'm going to have to invest in a decent bike that is a bit over the 100 dollar mark. Because from personal experience, you definitely get what you paid for when you buy bikes.

As for this question, I'm going to have a little trouble answering for 2 reasons. First is because I have a hard time pinpointing my initial contact/thoughts about my affinity with diapers. Secondly is because this is the first time I have ever really opened up about this side of my life. It's something I've kept private for a long time. But maybe talking about it will help me get a better insight into myself, so I'll give it a try.

When I say I've been a DL for 2~3 years, I'm really referring to when I started acquiring actual diapers from my local pharmacy at college. My affinity for them started when I was around 16 to almost 18 years old.
    I'm not quite sure when it started, but as to why I would have to say padding. The feeling of extra, soft material down below made me feel more calm, happy and secure. Mostly rolled up towels in the shape of a diaper. My first real step towards diapers though was around the 18 year mark. I bought 2 large cotton sheets and a bag of cotton fluff stuffing. I had had a little experience with sewing by hand so I cut a pattern out of the two clothes added the cotton fluff, and started to sew. Took me about 2 weeks to complete it, working on it on and off. At the end I had a homemade diaper that would fit snugly under my jeans. When no one else was at home, I went to my basement and put them on under my jeans. It was so comfortable, i couldn't remember a time I have felt so calm. I'm not sure as to why, but after a few minutes of wearing it I released my bladder. During those moments it felt that every worry that I had just washed away. Needless to say the homemade concoction leaked all over. I felt so guilty and full of shame. I burned all of the materials and the homemade diaper in the burning barrel, and didn't have any interaction with diapers until 2~3 years ago.

That is when I started buying actual diapers store. I would use 1 or 2 of them out of a pack of 16 or more, enjoy the comfortable secure feeling with the lack of any worries, and then proceed directly to getting rid of the rest of the pack of diapers and feel guilty. This cycle would repeat every 4~6 months. It is only recently I have been trying to accept this side of my life a bit more. Which is why I started checking online for websites about this. Then I stumbled upon this website and have been reading posts for the past week or two. Decided to join since I thought the forum and the community could help me understand myself better. And now I believe it has started me down that road.

Thank you Trevor for that question. It actually help me understand myself a bit more now. I'm going to eat a bit now since this was a little draining emotionally, but not in a bad way.

Veldar

P.S. If it seems a little bit too much descriptively, just let me know and I'll edit it. I wasn't paying attention to all the details I was giving. I was more focused on what I was saying.
    Nothing scary in what you said there. You had enough context for it all to make sense. I can remember when it was hard to talk about this stuff, so good on you for giving a clear account. Your feelings about this are a classic example of the binge/purge cycle that you may have seen mentioned here or elsewhere. Many of us have had the same reaction at different times. I found that things evened out for me considerably after I got on my own and I had ready access to diapers. Once I could wear whenever I wanted to, they didn't prey on my mind so. Everyone is different on this score.

I hope being here will help you. Self-acceptance is really where it's at

Veldar
    Welcome to ADISC! Honestly you and I sure sound alike, we both have very similar interests (which is awesome).

Ah, right on! Mr. Aurkarm and I are both big fans of Doctor Who (it's one of the good sci-fi things he likes). I've heard good things about Hitchhiker's Guide, but I've never actually read it. It's on that list of things to do that I never really seem to get to.

So what did you think of D&D4? Did you play any of the previous editions? I found 4 to be somewhat playable (I hated 3 and 3.5 with the passion of 1,000 white hot suns), but it still just ground to a crawl during combat as people tried to figure out what in the hell to do with themselves, and none of my group liked that a small band of goblins was an epic life-or-death affair. Sometimes, a combat is just a combat-not all of them need to push to the brink. I'm actually a big fan of the Savage Worlds system. It does a lot of genres really well, and I love Deadlands and Deadlands: Hell on Earth (both run with the Savage Worlds system).

And with bikes, you definitely get what you pay for. I'm rocking two different rides these days. One is a steel cyclocross frame I had built up as a commuter to handle commuting in Detroit. Disc brakes, Mavic wheels, and SRAM goodies and it's pretty bombproof (I've put about 6,000 km on it in less than four years without even having to retrue the wheels!). My other bike is the one I had built up as my reward for surviving my accident. Titanium framed road bike custom to my measurements with top-shelf SRAM goods, King hubs and headset, Thompson post and stem, and all sorts of other goodies. On one hand, I spent over $6,000 on a bike, but on the other hand, I imagine that it's the cycling equivalent of driving an Aston Martin, and it's just as sexy besides!

I definitely recommend investing in a decent bike. If you spend $500, you can get something with a decent frame that will stand up to longer rides (a bike should not blow apart on a 20 km ride!), and if something does break, it'll be something you can replace. The trouble with Walmart bikes is they usually do their own special thing for components, and even if you could replace bits, why would you want to?

Veldar

Like Trevor said, this is a tale with which we can pretty much all empathize. I've been interested by diapers as long as I can remember, but it wasn't until after I had my driver's license at age 16 that I got my first actual diapers. Even then, the few times during high school I mustered the nerve to buy a pack, I wound up throwing most of the pack away. It was easy for me, probably way easier than it is for a lot of people now. My parents had given me my mom's old car, my family tends to be territorial with possessions like cars, and my parents have always been very respectful of privacy. That meant that Dad's truck was Dad's, Mom's car was Mom's, and my car was mine. No one else drove it, so I could leave diapers in the trunk and never be found out. Before then, though, I'd pin on layers of towels, stand in the bathtub, and cut loose. I'd pretty much immediately feel terrible, though, and I'd wash all the laundry to cover my tracks.

Like I said, I think we're going to get on pretty well together!

Veldar
    Hey Veldar,

Your post is fine! I'm going to my (hopefully) last year of University this year in Computer Science. What is your field anyways?

What are your favourite books in sci-fi? What about movies?

There are a lot of gaming groups on ADISC, and a lot of people who play games (League of Legends, and Minecraft in particular have a lot of members playing). Which tabletop games do you enjoy playing? I don't have many local friends, so having the time (and the ability) to go out and play some tabletop games can be really hard. I tend to play the games with my bf (2 player games) like Fluxx, and other card games. We both really want to get into a D&D group, and also get the games Killer Bunnies and Ticket to Ride.

I'm glad you are finally coming to accept your DL side a little more, and it looks like it certainly led you to the right place. If you haven't already you should look at the article section, especially on accepting yourself, and the article on the binge/purge cycle. I really hope that you find what you are looking for

I also look forward to seeing your reply, and your future discussions on the fora.

- Lobie

Hey everybody,

Thank you all again for your warm welcomes. I haven't been online much in the past couple of days. Been a bit busy at work.

Well as to what versions of D&D I've played, it has only been 4th edition. It was always difficult to make the sessions interesting, without constant combat. To make unique puzzles, storylines, and plot twist that the players would completely circumvent without even knowing it. Most seesions became almost complete improv. It was both fun and a challenge. I'm going to have to start back up with my friends when we all get a chance again. I would agree with you GoldDragonAurkarm, about how combat would come to a crawl almost every time. I would had to try something new to keep the flow of combat smooth.

For Sci-fi Lobie, I like to watch Eureka, Dr. Who, Warehouse 13, just to name a few. I mostly enjoy sci-fi through books though. such as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Eternity's End by Jeffrey Carver, and some of Issac Asimov's books as well. Pretty much any sci-fi book I can buy from my local library when they have a book sale. I would have quoted this part from my second post in this thread, but my kindle is being a bit difficult with writing this post. I'm also going to take your advice and check out the article section right now.

Thank you all again for your help and all the warm welcomes so far.
    Veldar