Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identifiable idea.

Default Identifiable idea.

Ok, so here is an idea. What if we had some sort of discreet identifier. Like if we had a key ring lanyard that could hang from your pocket that would have some logo on it such as "P&P" (padded and proud) (maybe not so corny of a logo would be good to). Anyway, I just figure, I have learned that, yes it is important to keep our ab/dl lifestyle quiet because people really don't understand it at all for the most part, but it would still be fun to meet people in the passing and be able to identify with them.

Thoughts?

Problem there is others will find out what these logos or key rings means and could start some trouble tho it is a good idea at the same time I feel it does open us up to a few problems at the same time.

Hugs

Yeah, any well-known symbols would be a big problem.

I've mentioned this before, but I think one of the few viable solutions would be a smartphone app. It would have to be an 18+ thing, too. As I see it, you'd basically configure it with some distinctive personal traits (could be anything--a tattoo, earrings, etc.), and other users within a certain range of your location would see this "profile" pop up. You'd probably also want to limit how often a profile could be updated (e.g., once daily, or perhaps changes would simply require an hour to take effect), this to avoid abuses such as branding the person sitting next to you in a restaurant as AB/DL simply by changing your profile to match that person's description. Such an app could be made generic, too, allowing users to identify themselves as belonging to different social groups, however they'd have to belong to those groups (perhaps, again, for some minimum period of time) in order to "see" those around them who also belong. Or perhaps membership is moderated by delegates from online communities such as this one.

Who knows? Maybe there already is such an app. I have a smartphone, but I seldom do anything with it besides making phone calls and surfing the web.

This particular topic has been discussed many, many times over. If something were to be made to identify ab/dl's, then the internet would make sure that it wasn't exclusive to our group.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post

I've mentioned this before, but I think one of the few viable solutions would be a smartphone app. It would have to be an 18+ thing, too. As I see it, you'd basically configure it with some distinctive personal traits (could be anything--a tattoo, earrings, etc.), and other users within a certain range of your location would see this "profile" pop up. You'd probably also want to limit how often a profile could be updated (e.g., once daily, or perhaps changes would simply require an hour to take effect), this to avoid abuses such as branding the person sitting next to you in a restaurant as AB/DL simply by changing your profile to match that person's description. Such an app could be made generic, too, allowing users to identify themselves as belonging to different social groups, however they'd have to belong to those groups (perhaps, again, for some minimum period of time) in order to "see" those around them who also belong. Or perhaps membership is moderated by delegates from online communities such as this one.

Who knows? Maybe there already is such an app. I have a smartphone, but I seldom do anything with it besides making phone calls and surfing the web.
    This is a great idea! It'd obviously be limited to those with a smartphone, but the idea itself is genius.

I might give that ago, soon as I finished my game, post that idea in the Cyber Baby Group will you so I remeber under other tools and software

Cyber Baby - ADISC.org

I'm working on learning iOS development and this sounds like an interesting project. Unfortunately it would be worked on in my spare time, but I could see myself making it and it wouldn't be too terribly hard. I would just need to make a few changes on my server.

Gimme a few weeks to learn more about the iOS devel and I'll get back to you all :P

Quote Originally Posted by tokiwa View Post
    I'm working on learning iOS development and this sounds like an interesting project. Unfortunately it would be worked on in my spare time, but I could see myself making it and it wouldn't be too terribly hard. I would just need to make a few changes on my server.

Gimme a few weeks to learn more about the iOS devel and I'll get back to you all :P
    So that's android and iSO anyone know BB OS ? then we are done hehe tokiwa PM me your idea and we can see if the Android and iSO can mix talk

Hugs.

Well, all of this seems like a reasonable solution. I can understand why even a discrete logo could be dangerous.

HelloSchroddy

Actually, some futurists (possibly Michio Kaku?) have talked about stuff like that before, but of course, this had nothing to do with AB/DLs.

On another, this is probably the millionth thread on this topic.
    Last edited by Trevor; 28-Aug-2012 at 02:16. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.