Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here use E-cigs?

Default Anyone else here use E-cigs?

Is there anyone else here that uses E-cigs?

I used to... now I just chew way too much nicorette =p

Not so much quitting as moving my addiction to a new medium

My ex did and i tried one.... it made my throat tickle x.x it was weird.

aperson1284

Quote Originally Posted by AbenaLeaf View Post
    I do.

Can't put the damn thing down.
    Did you start using them to quite smoking real cigarettes? Did it work?

Ive tried and failed so many times to quit.

My smoker friend hates them. But I think it's because he likes how cigarette smoke smells and e-cigs have a more chemical odor.

Best way to quit smoking is Cold turkey. My dad was a smoker for 30 Plus years. Had a Laranectome Cancer. They removed his voice box and such. But he quit smoking On the night of Surgry. Never pick it back up. He still has not smoke in 13 years. 3 Years ago. My dad and me stop drinking.

No patches, No Pills, no Gum, Plain old COLD TURKEY.

I have tried and quit alot of things. Smoking is by far the hardest. One thing I used once that worked was anger. Make yourself angry at something and use it as motivation to quit.

I used this method when my mom moved in with me. I got tired of her being a freeloader, bumming all my smokes, and got fed up with it. Didn't have gas money to go to work but could afford to smoke 3 packs a day most of the time. I was so pissed over this I got the mindset "I am not going to support your habit anymore B$%^&" So the next time she asked me for one, I just told her I quit. I was also furious over that "firesafe" bullshit that they did without telling anyone.

Just accessory to cold turkey quitting.

aperson1284

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Best way to quit smoking is Cold turkey. My dad was a smoker for 30 Plus years. Had a Laranectome Cancer. They removed his voice box and such. But he quit smoking On the night of Surgry. Never pick it back up. He still has not smoke in 13 years. 3 Years ago. My dad and me stop drinking.

No patches, No Pills, no Gum, Plain old COLD TURKEY.
    I feel for you, but that doesnt work for everybody. It isnt a great idea, I think, to reccomend strategies to people without knowing anything about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gottibear View Post
    -

I used this method when my mom moved in with me. I got tired of her being a freeloader, bumming all my smokes, and got fed up with it. Didn't have gas money to go to work but could afford to smoke 3 packs a day most of the time. I was so pissed over this I got the mindset "I am not going to support your habit anymore B$%^&" So the next time she asked me for one, I just told her I quit. I was also furious over that "firesafe" bullshit that they did without telling anyone.

-
    Firesafe bullshit?

pamperchu

I'm not a smoker but I did try a mint flavored E cig when I saw one for only $7.99. I didn't get much of a buzz off of it so I didn't think it was worth it and I had much more fun taking it apart and seeing how they work. They have a long thin lipo battery and a heating element inside. Also the tip would glow green when you inhaled so I had a nice green LED.