Thread: how to hold a package at ups or fed ex

paul19

Default how to hold a package at ups or fed ex

Well I'm gonna get my car back tomorrow and I have been holding off on buying diapers for quite a while so i thought that I'd order some diapers since I can pick them up finally and I have somewhere to hide them. So my question is how can I hold a package so i can pick it up at a FedEx or UPS office? That way they don't get delivered at my door cause I almost got caught last time I ordered online.
    Also I'm debating on buying either a 14 pack of m4's or some bambino classicos

If you have a UPS Store nearby, call or email them and ask if they'll receive packages for people who don't have a mailbox there. Many will. The one nearest me charges $5/package. I've used this not only for diapers, but for presents and shipments I expected to arrive while I was away on vacation. It's fantastic.

For FedEx, I believe you need to tell whoever is shipping the package to you to use the "Hold at FedEx Location" service. Some may be unwilling to do this. From what company where you planning on ordering diapers? Perhaps somebody here will be able to tell you whether that company will ship to FedEx locations.

I order all my diapers this way.

All you have to do is call the nearest UPS or FEDEX location and ask if they will hold a package you ship to their store for pickup. Then you put your name, the stores shipping address and I also include my phone number on the package. UPS charged me a 5-dollar fee to have it held at thier store because I didn't have a mailbox with them. Fedex is my favorite and they are nice and do not charge me anything to have a package shipped to their store.

I recently had to have an order of diapers held that were being shipped though Fed Ex. On detailed tracking page there was a link to have the package held at a local Fed Ex location. I had the package held that my local FedEx Shipping Center (the place the package goes before being but on the delivery truck).

One thing I would add here about the UPS Store: They'll accept packages from any carrier, not just UPS. If you're shipping FedEx and can get them to hold it at the FedEx location, that's perfect. If you're shipping UPS, USPS, or some other way, then sending to the UPS store will be the only viable option of the two. But yes, $5 > $0.

paul19

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    If you have a UPS Store nearby, call or email them and ask if they'll receive packages for people who don't have a mailbox there. Many will. The one nearest me charges $5/package. I've used this not only for diapers, but for presents and shipments I expected to arrive while I was away on vacation. It's fantastic.

For FedEx, I believe you need to tell whoever is shipping the package to you to use the "Hold at FedEx Location" service. Some may be unwilling to do this. From what company where you planning on ordering diapers? Perhaps somebody here will be able to tell you whether that company will ship to FedEx locations.
    I was thinking maybe xp medical or northshore I hear a lot of people hold packages when they order off those two.
    Last edited by Trevor; 24-Aug-2012 at 03:04. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

I covered this a while back, but the thread is closed and locked now. The info remains valid though and I just did this trick a few weeks ago

https://www.adisc.org/forum/teen-bab...ion-guide.html

The package I ordered was an order from Northshore's Amazone Marketplace Store. I have ordered from them three times now and all three time it has been shipped with fedex.