Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has American TV really sunk this LOW?

Default Has American TV really sunk this LOW?

It's my view that American TV has just gotten dumber with this new show that's on the air- basically it's a spin-off of a show I already despise called Toddlers and Tiaras... This show makes me shake my head and wonder how low America will sink.

This show is known as Here Comes Honey Boo Boo... I only found out about it cause a neighbor asked me about it and I looked it up. I found the show quite disgusting. I mean, what mother in their right mind would give their six-year-old daughter an energy drink? Or feed them roadkill... UGH.

It's a shame that TLC has sunk this low to the point where I shake my head in amazement by what I saw online. It makes me want to throw up...

It also makes me ashamed to be American that shows like this, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Toddlers and Tiaras, Real Housewives are media fodder for the news networks when there are other news stories out there. I have lost faith in American TV.... Only reason I have cable is for the sports networks and the reruns of old TV shows I don't have on DVD.

I wonder what everyone else thinks of this Honey Boo Boo fad...

I like a handful of shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Futurama, Justified, Suits, and The Big Bang Theory( old ones, not new )
    Yes, completely agreed! Can't stand how bad we must look to other countries. It feels like we are being fed crap by a media that doesn't value a meaningful TV show. Watch whatever you like, but I am staying away from any rubbish like that.

I admit recently I have watched Dallas, Falling Skies and I am getting hooked on Major Crimes... for me TV drama's where it's at and not the reality tripe like this new show that still makes me have little faith in America and it's future...

Just don't watch TLC it really is that simple, it's been reality TV a lot over the past 5 years. There's still a handful of shows that are good and a slew of potienal good new shows are nice.

Just thank god Falling Skies actually managed to get a 2nd season and a following. I was surprised it got that far, I'll be more surprised if Dallas even see's a 2nd or 3rd season. But hell what else is new about you hating *EVERY* reality show?

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I mean, what mother in their right mind would give their six-year-old daughter an energy drink? Or feed them roadkill... UGH.
    I don't know... I mean, they have reality shows about super-rich Hollywood housewives who sit around doing nothing but talking about what outfits they're going to buy next. Gotta balance that out with a good redneck show, right?

Just by answering the subject line alone...I would say probably, yes.

I don't have TV anymore...initially not by choice.

I am further dismayed that our 'education' channels have (had to?) stoop to this level, as well.

What disturbs me most about it is...this crap wouldn't stay afloat, if one...enough people weren't watching it, and two...the commercial interests didn't have so much power to propagate, and influence the people watching it.

People weary, and distracted...overloaded with the ump-teen-billion things, that 'we' are 'supposed' to be, what we're supposed to have, and what we need do (buy-into) to achieve these artificially-sweetened cultural-sets...don't likely have the time, energy, stamina, much less educate, and research for themselves...what any of this means to them, or on the whole. And, so are likely to not resist the 'spoon-feeding'...

Just my opinion...

LMAO, I like Toddlers & Tiaras, but I find myself only interested in it when kids I like are on it, like Makenzie (the one who was all like, "Where's my ni-ni!") and the girl who wanted to buy a cow...and of course, Alana. It's kind of fun when the kids actually want to do it (which may only be like 1% of all the kids who are forced into it haha) but whatever.

I watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo also, and I find it hilarious.

To each their own! But I feel that the mothers dont give their daughters a choice, and that is just wrong.

I HATE Toddlers and Tiaras. All stuck up fucking brats that will expect to get everything they want by demanding for it.

That's why now I'm in the practice of finding shows I like on DVD or the Internet. On Tv I stick with cops/jailhouse shows, anime, wrestling, movies, and interesting game shows (Repo Games & Oh Sit!). I'm starting a list of DVD I want to buy, like my childhood shows like Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Vr Troopers, Beetleborgs, Voltron, Thundercats, etc. As well as interesting movies I would like to watch. Just start creating your own scheduled shows for your entertainment. That's what working for me. Besides I like to enjoy the outdoors inbetween (working out, hiking, etc.), but maybe that's not you so that all two cents for now.