Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I underweight?

Default Am I underweight?

All of my friends think I am and I don't see it.

I'm 5'3" and I weigh 106.

I doubt it, more than likely you just have a really fast digestive...uhh... whatever that word is, brain fart. Wait! Metabolism! Anyways, i wouldnt worry about it too much. Just be glad you can prolly fit into baby diapers, lol.

I CAN fit into baby diapers.! =D

And thanks.

I just hope I'm not

Besides starving to death, my doctor told me one of the unhealthy things about being underweight is that it can impact bone growth. Also if you don't eat enough expect to feel tired.

Since you are also 15, I'm going to guess you're a beanpole and don't have much muscle (sorry). You'll probably fill out more as you get older, and you could talk to your doctor about ways to gain muscle (and maybe a little fat, if he thinks you should.) But no, it doesn't sound like you're underweight, just thin -- there's a difference.

Your 15 I wouldn't worry about it too much, I'm alot older and an inch taller and weigh 110, I rather be under weight, than over anyday.

To me I don't like the way I look any heavyer, so try to stay around 110-115.

Don't remember my height/weight at 15, but at almost 19 getting out of HS I was 5'-8" and weighed 119. I was thin and per the weight charts for my height and frame should have weighed about 20 lbs more, however I felt comfortable at that weight. My wife is about your height and weighed about 105 at 23 years old when we got married. She was on the slim side, but certainly didn't look underweight to me.

Nope. *I'm* underweight - 4'11" and 84 lbs lol

China, don't feel bad -- one of my best friends is 4'11, weighs 81 pounds, and she's 23! You've still got plenty of growing to do before you stop, I imagine!

Figz, as for your original question, I don't think you're underweight -- you're what I weighed at that age. I stand 5'8'' and weighed 125 up until last March, at which point I made a huge change in my life and stopped smoking altogether.

I've put on almost 40 pounds since then. *Pats his belly!*

naw, you want underweight?
    I'm 5'11" and i'm 120 lbs
    and I'm 20, soon to be 21.

Oh, did I mention that I havent grown and inch or put on a pound since 8th grade?
    but all in all, I am fine with it, besides shopping in the boys section is more affordable...

BTW why is this topic 'mature'?