Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Abena M4 ZAGGskin on the GS3

Default My Abena M4 ZAGGskin on the GS3

When I came due for my phone upgrade, I decided on getting the Galaxy S3. I usually go for the blue or black colors when I get my phones and never really cared for white. So I was set on getting the Pebble Blue GS3. But, when I went to the site for ZAGG Invisible Shield to see if they made them for the GS3, I saw ZAGGskins. Then I had an epiphany; diapers are white too. If I put the pattern of the Abena M4 on a white phone it would look pretty cool. Here's the results:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120815_202327_edit0.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	13792

Of course my wallpaper is a picture of the inside to complete the effect (I couldn't take an actual picture of the screen).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120804_131445_edit0.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	13793

I think I'm safe that nobody would notice the pattern for what it is. And, if they do, I would have to wonder how they know.

That's amazing...never thought of doing something like that. Might be an interesting idea. my phone is crappy anyway so it would be fitting :P

BabyNaruto

Default Re: My Abena M4 ZAGGskin on the GS3

Thanks, I thought it turned out amazing myself.

Maybe you should put a picture of a full diaper as your wallpaper since your phone is already crappy (just joking, of course)

This is just a brilliant idea, but I wouldn't assume nobody would know what that is, although obvioulsy it's more likely to get noticed by people who deal with diapers for medical and/or professional reasons (such as nurses) rather than AB/DLs. Now, the reaction would certainly be interesting

How did you obtain the graphics to apply to the skin template? Did you scan an M4, got it from a catalogue picture, or something else?

I'd never have thought of doing this, but I love the idea. A nice reminder for yourself that nobody is likely to ever figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by quattrus View Post
    How did you obtain the graphics to apply to the skin template? Did you scan an M4, got it from a catalogue picture, or something else?
    I measured the correct proportions and drew it in MS paint. Then, I used the eyedropper to grab the colors from a photo. I grabbed the leaf from an image I googled.

If there is any interest, I can upload the image I used. I'm sure it could be improved upon.

I'm not worried about any health professionals noticing because I doubt Abena products are used at any hospitals/care facilities in the US. They're probably too expensive for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    If there is any interest, I can upload the image I used.
    Of course there is ^^

Having the pattern of your favourite diaper as a phone cover could became the new trend among DLs!

Ok just give me a day or so to upload it from the computer I used to make it

Awesome phone skin!

I wish you did it before Abena went cloth backed and alienated me as a customer, but it is cool and iconic enough that I would still like to have it on my phone.

I picked it because it is one of my favorite diapers and I don't think the pattern is copyrighted. I was considering others (like Bambino) but they mostly have copyrighted images. The site specifically says they won't print a skin with a copyrighted image. I know Bambino is probably obscure enough to get away with, but I'm happy with the M4. It's not overly babyish.