Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Infantilism?

Default Why Infantilism?

I have been doing some soul searching as of late and Iíve done nothing but end up at dead end after dead end. Iím trying to figure out at where in my life, I felt I wanted to be a baby again. More so, out of any and everything in the world a person can get into, WHY a baby? I could have been a furry, at least they are more accepted and understood, or I could be part of the BDSM/S&M community, heck, who doesnít have a bit of a kinky side? But NO, Iíd rather be crapping and wetting diapers, drinking from a bottle, sucking on a pacifier and feeling helplessly snuggled in a parentís arm. Not only am I emotionally, but Iím also sexually tied into this, which means, even after Iíve ďdone the deedĒ, it doesnít matter, itís back again. Iíve never tried to purge because I know for a fact, Iíd just have it all again so whatís the sense in throwing away all that money? I have gone lot periods of time, not giving into it at all, but itís always there, nagging at the back of my head. I canít even explain this to anyone because I run the risk of sounding crazy or being misunderstood to be something of a pedophile. For the most part, I keep it to myself, but if youíve ever felt like Iíve felt before, I just find myself escalating and wanting more every time. Then in the end, when reality finally smacks me in the face for the umpteen time, I become depressed and the process starts all over again. I find this ďlifestyleĒ or ďfetishĒ or ďfantasyĒ, Iím not even sure what to call it anymore, extremely frustrating at times and I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones to actual have had real time experiences in the past. I couldnít begin to imagine what life as a ďhardcoreĒ (if thereís such a thing) adult baby would be like if I couldnít find at least one person during my existence to simply hold me. Just what is so bad about a grown up wanting to be a baby again anyway? Iím sorry to rant, but itís really getting to me lately and I have no one else to talk to besides you guys.

Maybe the explanation "Why Infantilism", it's not, or it's not only, in your past memories. Infantilism maybe is a genetic/biological stuff as many others paraphilias. I think you should search about the medical research about this theme, for example, there are some kind similarities in persons with Paraphilic Infantilism, like... Obsessive–compulsive disorder.

- - - Updated - - -

In my case, I don't know very well, I just suspect... I slept on my crib until my 9, 10 years old. I also slept in my parents room until my 12 years old, I always was a very much over protected child, and my mom usually didn't allowed me to go to my friend's house when I was a children..

Strange you post this, I have had the same rants at myself MANY of times and its all down to where we felt safe in our child hud or where we felt happer, or some other strange feelings we want to relive, I for one in the past tried to forget it was there and never worked, it did make more depressed then I already am

Hugs, I would say stop asking yourself why and start asking yourself why not? nothing wrong with it, its all down to taste really, so others can keep there nose you lol and I hope you find your path you need, I am still working on mine and I not sure where it will take me but I just hope I myself can just start to accept the fact I am like this and just enjoy what I have

Hugs again, sorry I not more detailed in my post today its just SO warm here its hard to think.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    Maybe the explanation "Why Infantilism", it's not, or it's not only, in your past memories. Infantilism maybe is a genetic/biological stuff as many others paraphilias. I think you should search about the medical research about this theme, for example, there are some kind similarities in persons with Paraphilic Infantilism, like... ObsessiveĖcompulsive disorder.

- - - Updated - - -

In my case, I don't know very well, I just suspect... I slept on my crib until my 9, 10 years old. I also slept in my parents room until my 12 years old, I always was a very much over protected child, and my mom usually didn't allowed me to go to my friend's house when I was a children..
    Well I don't know that OCD can be the same with people with Paraphillic Infantilism. But maybe I'm not good at this. Oh yeah drwho I do have the same treatment like yours I mean I'm obviously over-protected (Including now which is kinda sucks sometimes since I'm teen now I want to go hang out with my friend). I slept with my parents until 12 years old. So maybe we have something to compare here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonybaby View Post
    I have been doing some soul searching as of late and I’ve done nothing but end up at dead end after dead end. I’m trying to figure out at where in my life, I felt I wanted to be a baby again. More so, out of any and everything in the world a person can get into, WHY a baby? I could have been a furry, at least they are more accepted and understood, or I could be part of the BDSM/S&M community, heck, who doesn’t have a bit of a kinky side? But NO, I’d rather be crapping and wetting diapers, drinking from a bottle, sucking on a pacifier and feeling helplessly snuggled in a parent’s arm. Not only am I emotionally, but I’m also sexually tied into this, which means, even after I’ve “done the deed”, it doesn’t matter, it’s back again. I’ve never tried to purge because I know for a fact, I’d just have it all again so what’s the sense in throwing away all that money? I have gone lot periods of time, not giving into it at all, but it’s always there, nagging at the back of my head. I can’t even explain this to anyone because I run the risk of sounding crazy or being misunderstood to be something of a pedophile. For the most part, I keep it to myself, but if you’ve ever felt like I’ve felt before, I just find myself escalating and wanting more every time. Then in the end, when reality finally smacks me in the face for the umpteen time, I become depressed and the process starts all over again. I find this “lifestyle” or “fetish” or “fantasy”, I’m not even sure what to call it anymore, extremely frustrating at times and I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones to actual have had real time experiences in the past. I couldn’t begin to imagine what life as a “hardcore” (if there’s such a thing) adult baby would be like if I couldn’t find at least one person during my existence to simply hold me. Just what is so bad about a grown up wanting to be a baby again anyway? I’m sorry to rant, but it’s really getting to me lately and I have no one else to talk to besides you guys.
    Actually, most people surprisingly from what I have seen do not see infantilism as a problem. It's becoming far more accepted in society it seems, and that is a great thing. People will say something like "Meh, it's just another kink."

I don't think you need to be fretting over this, sit back and enjoy the ride. I think you are overreacting, like most sexual fetishes one usually can't stop liking it. Just like a heterosexual male can't stop liking females, etc.

It's something that is actually normal, and it occurs normally, many psychologists will tell you this to be true. While things like fetishes can occur unnaturally (abusive past, trauma, etc.) I feel this is actually over represented. The reason that this becomes so over represented is because people who have had very abusive pasts tend to seek professional help much more often for other problems (depression) and then their fetishes come out. I think this is where we see a link between traumatic experiences and fetishes.

Because for the most of us who have any fetish we aren't overly concerned about it to the point of a debilitating depression.

However, that being said I think you need to think hard about how happy it makes you. If you are always really stressed out, or you feel that it is causing you to be unable to live your adult life to it's full potential then you should go seek medical help. You shouldn't feel this way just because you have a fetish, and I have a feeling that any well trained psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you the same thing. Could they technically cure you? Of course, through months of painful shock therapy.

However, it's nothing to be ashamed of or worried about. You are just thinking too much into this. You can still go out and have fun as much as you want as an adult, and then in your private time indulge the desire, in the end no one is going to care. Maybe they will think you are weird, maybe they would no longer be friends with you if they found out. However, if a friendship requires you not to be a certain way, then personally I don't want to be friends with them at all.

Anyways, it's hard to answer why you got Infantilism, I mean, impossible really. There is research into what causes fetishes, but there are so many possibilities that it is near impossible, short of months of psychiatry to answer your question. Even then, the answer may not be available, it may just be something that is part of you.

I hope you try to relax a bit more, don't let it take over your life. This is about all I can help you with, so good luck, and I hope it helps at least a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lobie View Post
    Actually, most people surprisingly from what I have seen do not see infantilism as a problem. It's becoming far more accepted in society it seems, and that is a great thing. People will say something like "Meh, it's just another kink."
    Sorry but your wrong, people do not accept this world only when there are close to it they might try and see it for what it is but MOST people don't accept it at all I know this for a fact for running many ABDL websites, from sending servys out to none abdl sites, its just not accepted and then I also know first hand that people are not accepting but that's another story.

I don't think you need to be fretting over this, sit back and enjoy the ride. I think you are overreacting, like most sexual fetishes one usually can't stop liking it. Just like a heterosexual male can't stop liking females, etc.
    Where are this reaction come from and label come from? Yes there is a sexual side to this but we are adults, but most people I know don't use this as a sexual fetish and when seeing people just label as such its wrong, overreacting is a common as so many people see it as wrong not or its another kink people have been killed or really hurt in the ABDL world and don't you forget it, we are not in a safe world where everyone will accept us.

It's something that is actually normal, and it occurs normally, many psychologists will tell you this to be true. While things like fetishes can occur unnaturally (abusive past, trauma, etc.) I feel this is actually over represented. The reason that this becomes so over represented is because people who have had very abusive pasts tend to seek professional help much more often for other problems (depression) and then their fetishes come out. I think this is where we see a link between traumatic experiences and fetishes.

Because for the most of us who have any fetish we aren't overly concerned about it to the point of a debilitating depression.
    Once again seeing it as just a fetish is just WRONG sorry but I can't agree with you on that point at all, and I do mean the moden meaning of fetish that just means a sexual kink, this scene for many if a life time chose not a sexual play thing, and many even forgo sex full stop when playing this role.

However, that being said I think you need to think hard about how happy it makes you. If you are always really stressed out, or you feel that it is causing you to be unable to live your adult life to it's full potential then you should go seek medical help. You shouldn't feel this way just because you have a fetish, and I have a feeling that any well trained psychologist or psychiatrist will tell you the same thing. Could they technically cure you? Of course, through months of painful shock therapy.
    This is just no right, I feel just like him some days and I see dr's all the time, you are right wanting to act like a child in the means we do or have are normal in there line of work and also can be very health but not ONCE do they ever call it a fetish as this is NOT the right term for it, its a means to relax for many people and just let the worry go away.

However, it's nothing to be ashamed of or worried about. You are just thinking too much into this. You can still go out and have fun as much as you want as an adult, and then in your private time indulge the desire, in the end no one is going to care. Maybe they will think you are weird, maybe they would no longer be friends with you if they found out. However, if a friendship requires you not to be a certain way, then personally I don't want to be friends with them at all.
    You are very right here, been a friend should mean accepting your friend for whom they are.

Anyways, it's hard to answer why you got Infantilism, I mean, impossible really. There is research into what causes fetishes, but there are so many possibilities that it is near impossible, short of months of psychiatry to answer your question. Even then, the answer may not be available, it may just be something that is part of you.

I hope you try to relax a bit more, don't let it take over your life. This is about all I can help you with, so good luck, and I hope it helps at least a little bit
    I think you need to re look at that you call a fetish but once again your right here its very hard to pin point what makes us in to this world, many its we just miss them feelings or never hard them so need to feel them, some its just they came across it and something clicked, and yes there is a full fetish side to this world but ADISC so far as not show to support that in my eyes this is about the lifestyle not the seedy sexual side to it.

Sorry if you disagree with me on this but I have spent many of months reading up on this seeing many dr's myself and also running sites like this one, I really don't see the need for the link in to the fetish realms.
    Last edited by NickyOmutsu; 17-Aug-2012 at 15:51. Reason: Dual edit posted AGAIN arg.

Hmmm where to start, well I had to Come and have a nosey as Nicky was going a little crazy on the keyboard for a while.7

I am very new to this world, the only other time I have ever heard of it , before meeting Nicky, was on sexectera and the guy was a hardcore adult baby, he had all the things a baby did, which to me says that been ABDL is a lifestyle not a fetish.

Yes as adults alot of people still have sexual needs which need for filling and that is just part of adult life.

I certainly dont see wearing and using a nappy as a fetish, there is some sort of comfort in wearing one, thats for certain.

After reading the comment that Nicky has recently replied to all i can think towards that comment is that, if ABDL is a fetish so is been Goth, Emo, Chav, Trendy or any other label people class themselves as. I think that is crazy.

Yes there will always be a sex side to a life style which ever you feel the need to follow.

I dont think there is any advise I can give to your predicament Ebonybaby, as I have said I'm new to this, my aim is to support Nicky in been true to himself as trying to hide from it has driven him crazy.

If you have any friends that you think you can trust to speak to do so, only other thing would be see a doctor, or other medical professional.

Its the life style of been a baby you are drawn to there is nothing paedophile about that. It would be like saying all furries are into bestiality, there not, they just feel they have the spirit of an animal within them and wish to be that spirit, sorry if Im wrong saying that its just what I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by NickyOmutsu View Post
    Sorry if you disagree with me on this but I have spent many of months reading up on this seeing many dr's myself and also running sites like this one, I really don't see the need for the link in to the fetish realms.
    While I also disagree with everything you have said I don't want to start some argument here. However, I am going to defend myself. Firstly, let's agree to disagree.

Secondly I have done years of study into paraphilias and fetishes of the like, and ABDL is called "Paraphilic Infantilism", while yes, some people aren't into any sexual aspect of ABDL it doesn't change the definition really. Including the study of many different theories, and in addition I wrote an article on it.

We both have different views based on our personal experiences, research, and opinions on the matter. So, once again, lets agree to disagree

While I also disagree with everything you have said I don't want to start some argument here. However, I am going to defend myself. Firstly, let's agree to disagree.

Secondly I have done years of study into paraphilias and fetishes of the like, and ABDL is called "Paraphilic Infantilism", while yes, some people aren't into any sexual aspect of ABDL it doesn't change the definition really. Including the study of many different theories, and in addition I wrote an article on it.

We both have different views based on our personal experiences, research, and opinions on the matter. So, once again, lets agree to disagree
    Sorry but defining it as a fetish is just wrong, I have also done the same research and I going of the people that live in this world not the fools that side behind a desk trying to tell use what we are and are not, sorry but end of the day its not just a fetish ever lifestyle as sexual sides to it and they are not classed as a fetish there for this one shouldn't ever, I not wanting a argument I debating something I know from knowing people in the ABDL world from face to face, online chats and forums, to there own blogs, your wrong to splatter that label on to the people in this scene sorry if you don't like it but its true, there are some that are just in to the fetish SIDE of it but that is not the main side of it even dr's say its a good way to relax and sorry sexual activaty is not relaxing tho it can calm one down its not a relaxing task, I see doctors almost monthly so I do have a leg to stand on there.

Sorry but I going on what I know from talking to real people and been here myself, I not saying your view is wrong if you see this life as a fetish then that's what you see but that is not the fact of the matter, so please take that in to account its a lifestyle that as a fetish like most lifestyle but you give it just a fetish tag then its no better then bestiality or objectum sexuality, as you defining the sexual side ONLY, please don't be so blind.

My turn to add stir the pot.

I have OCD(the mental anxiety not the physical rituals), and happen to be a DL.
    I have specifics on the aesthetics of the diaper and since OCD tends to occur in people with anxiety, as do fetishes i can see how in my case DL'ism overlaps into OCD.
    If i were to indulge in diapers everyday( because for me ashamedly it is sexual), you could call it sexual addiction, and they define sexual addiction as performing sex in a ritualistic aspect, along with frequency.

I practice me fetish twice a week and keep it in check along with any other potentially addictive behavior such as alcohol or spending, thus dismissing any chance of this being sexual addiction or an OCD mannerism because i will do it randomly.

Why Infantilism?

Why do some unlucky people get stuck with Paedophillia, or zoophillia or even asphixiation?Some fetishes along with those are the sadist spectrum and can cause harm!

Consider yourself lucky Ebonybaby, because it can get worse, alot worse.

I never in my life expect people to understand or even tolerate/accept my fetish, and thats ok as everybody is different, hell i would hate to suck on toes to get off, but meh, thats just me.
    At the very least, what you and i do isn't illegal, nor immoral if you were born this way.
    What would be first prize is that level of inner acceptance that never goes away, now thats worth fighting for!
    A vanilla person would condemn us and call crazy, and thats their opinion, as long as i get right of reply if i ever were found out.

I also tried to get to the bottom of my DL'ism since my earliest memories goes back to age 2, before i even knew of sexuality.

My ultimate conclusion: It doesn't matter, its a matter of adapt or die and focusing only on the positive aspects of this fetish, will start you on the road to acceptance.

One day i would like to think that i was some sort of pioneer to be different in a world of what society deems normal or acceptable and actually use this gift as an advantage for tolerance toward others and push the human race forward in a microscopic way.

Count your self lucky Ebonybaby, you are a harmless soul who expresses his inner child and gets an enormous kick out of it, without harming a fly.

Regards LF.
    Last edited by Luckyfish; 17-Aug-2012 at 21:12. Reason: Spilled wine on laptop and spelling!