Thread: In the future...

Default In the future...

Hey guys, this is my first thread ever so I hope I don't mess it up too bad haha

It seems like over the last century or so, sexual weirdness has become more and more acceptable in society. Not so long ago homosexuality had few defenders and was seen as deviant and immoral by most of America. BDSM and the like was seen as perverted and disgusting. And if we look even further back we can see that even things like that are totally normal today like interracial marriage were ostracized and looked down upon.

Now there are street fairs, pride parades, and clubs dedicated to BDSM and homosexuality across the US. My point is that a movement towards acceptance and tolerence seems to be the the natural progression of things.

So my question for you guys is this;

Do you think that our community will ever be accepted, tolerated, or even celebrated, like the gay community is today?

Default Re: In the future...

No, because it's different. It doesn't need to be. It's not a "sexual orientation." It's a kink, a fetish. Is there going to be foot fetish, latex fetish pride parades? No. There isn't anything to fight for. It's not like you want a tax deduction for wearing diapers, nor are there laws against it for us (at least in the USA). Even if it's 100% non-sexual for you, then it's just a weird thing you do. It's just socially awkward, but so is a ton of different stuff that people do. I've told a bunch of friends, none of them have expressed disgust in it, and some of them have even become closer friends because of it. And that's in a very conservative, Christian circle.

The beauty of the internet is that we don't need the public to be used to it and comfortable with it. We can do it in private and connect with others who enjoy it via the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Volare View Post
    Do you think that our community will ever be accepted, tolerated, or even celebrated, like the gay community is today?
    Well I highly doubt Infantilism will be celebrated anywhere. As Rocky said, there is nothing in it to fight for. At best I believe this will just be tolerated. In time I think even the shock value of it will diminish to where no one would even raise an eyebrow at it.

"There isn't anything to fight for" - Rocky
    (sorry idk how to use that quote thing)

Ya that's a good point. I guess that's probably the main reason the homosexual community get so much sympathy these days; they're legally oppressed

But there are pride parades for BDSM/latex communities in some especially liberal cities, and maybe that won't ever happen for us, but what I was trying to get at was whether you think *B/DLism will slowly become more acceptable and less "freaky". I hope that with time people will eventually be able to come out as a *B/DL and have their friends or family say something along the lines of "oh ya I've heard of that, a lot of people are that way. I don't nessisarrily approve but I understand that it's not harmful and probably out of your control". Whereas now, normally resonable people are often too overcome by the weird factor to accept what we do as harmless and tolerable

Mybe. But mybe we will be like Chinia where. Alot of people use diapers.

We never know the future, I agree that sexual orientation is a different thing of a kink, like BDSM or ABDL... But today, for example, BDSM, a kink it's kind very well accept by the society, anyway.. We never know the future...