Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Vintage Baby Gear

Default More Vintage Baby Gear

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strolee black wee care front.jpg 
Views:	5381 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	13771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strolee black wee care recline 1.jpg 
Views:	2952 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	13772Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strolee black wee care side.jpg 
Views:	5306 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	13773Here is a Strolee Wee Care car seat from 1977. Unfortunetly, too small to sit in. Kind of like a toddler torture device!

to me it resembles more something you would find in a BDSM dungeon then a car seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    to me it resembles more something you would find in a BDSM dungeon then a car seat.
    I was thinking the same thing. How did it fit in a car?
    Last edited by Trevor; 15-Aug-2012 at 07:59. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenjossee View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. How did it fit in a car?
    it's really not much bigger or wider then today's models of car seats juding from the pictures. seems like its 2 feet tall at best and maybe 3 feet wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    it's really not much bigger or wider then today's models of car seats juding from the pictures. seems like its 2 feet tall at best and maybe 3 feet wide.
    Does the metal bottom detach or does it all fit or am I seeing it wrong and the metal base is just propping it up?
    Last edited by Trevor; 15-Aug-2012 at 18:13. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

The seat is all one unit. The metal frame base was placed directly on the car's seating surface. From an AB's perspective, I personally hated to see the plastic shells taking over the baby seating products back then. As classicseats mentioned, he can't fit in this one very well. The shell is much more restrictive which is better for a small child in an accident situation, but not so good for an *B that likes to use them. That's why I like the older pre-shell car seats and other baby seating products the best.

~Pramrider
    Last edited by Pramrider; 15-Aug-2012 at 16:00.

Quote Originally Posted by kittenjossee View Post
    Does the metal bottom detach or does it all fit or am I seeing it wrong and the metal base is just propping it up?
    Im not the one who owns it plus I wouldn't want one of these types laying around since it was a decade before I was even born. but I think the metal base is likely what attaches the seat itself to the real seat belts and what not. I doubt back then they had child seat anchor points like the middle seat of my dad's sliverado has behind it.

I do have it lying around. The auto seat belt threads through the metal frame to secure the seat. And as a matter of fact, this model does have a top tether strap like modern car seats. The only problem back then was cars had no place to attach the strap. You had to drill a hole in the rear package tray and bolt in an anchor point.

nice seat classic seats, wonder though which car seats can you sit in?

maybe the baby baby sitter? looks like that has a widish base. The cosco dorel safe n easy also looks like a fun seat to sit in.

I have tested a cosco touriva, and can fit into that. had a t shield model. that was fun to harness into. pelvis was a bit sore afterwards though, as very tight fit.