Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I keep hearing all this end of the world talk.

Default I keep hearing all this end of the world talk.

It's very scary to me as I am ridiculously gullible. People are saying Barack is Satan, and I don't believe that, but...idk D:

What do you think? :/

interesting fact: the percentage of the human population that believes they're living in the "end times" is a constant throughout history.

in other words, there aren't any more people today, relatively speaking, who think the world is about to end than there were 500 or 1000 years ago. so relax. the world is no more likely to end tomorrow than it was on october 22, 1844 when the 7th-day adventists decided it was going to end.

it's amazing what a degree in comparative religion will teach you!

Quote Originally Posted by Figz View Post
    People are saying Barack is Satan, and I don't believe that, but...idk D:

i think that, as with god, satan is inside everyone of us. god didn't create man in his image, man created god in his image....and that opinion is compatible with all religions and actually helps to understand the validity and nature of god.....similarly, man created satan in his image.

and i'm pretty sure that America has had much more 'evil' presidents than the current wanna-be's could ever be.

I never heard Obama is Satan either. However I do 100% think the world will end, I have no idea when, no idea how but it will at some point I think. There's a lot of thing that could end life on earth and the most likely to happen is the sun running out of fuel. It will expand as it dies and sallow the earth I heard so yeah good luck to anyone living on the sun lol.

Also history shows that everything that has been made ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Figz View Post
    It's very scary to me as I am ridiculously gullible. People are saying Barack is Satan, and I don't believe that, but...idk D:

The world was supposed to end lots of times in the past believe it or not, from the late 1800s to the 1900s, but believe it or not, the world will end someday but can not told by any man as no one knows when the end will come but then again, only time will tell.

EmeraldsAndLime

I don't know what to say really, other than that you should get some objectivity into your life.

Mako

Schoolhouse rock had it right, knowledge is power. Those who are gullible, are the ones who tend to be uninformed.

Yes, the world could end tomarrow. Obama could win the election and allow a Bin-laden to kill us all after raping us. Alternativly Mccain could win, nuke china, some how miss a city, then we all die by retailiation nukes. But you never know, Nader could win and convince us all that in order to save the panda bears and humming birds we should all kill ourselves. God could decided strike us with a plague, a meteor could wipe us out, a buddist monk could meditate us all to nivana, the sun could explode ...................

So you have two options: 1: plan to be dead tomarrow and have "near death" experiances for the rest of your (long?) life or 2: or attempt to make your mark in the world, like the rest of us, and make plans dependant on the existance of yourself tomarrow.

Butterfly Mage

I don't think the world is going to end anytime soon. Granted, the sun is going to run out of hydrogen in about 7 billion years. Earth could be hit by a really big meteor. Barring that, I think the Earth is going to be around for a while.

Now there are things that could wipe out humanity. A nuclear war could wipe us out, but there would still be forms of life that would survive. Additionally, climate change could wipe out humanity but would be unlikely to wipe out the entire ecology. Humans are quite fragile creatures, when all is said and done.