Thread: Curious and Confused

Default Curious and Confused

Hi, all. I just posted in the intro section, but I wanted to elaborate here.

I have no clue if I would be considered having an "AB" fetish or not. (Like I said in my intro post, I am so new to all of this so please forgive me if my slang/lingo is not quite right.) Let me just delve right into this and tell you all about why I am confused.

First of all, I'd like to say that I think I had a pretty good childhood, but for some reason I can't remember from ages 6-13. I don't know why, I am contemplating seeing a therapist soon, but still unsure.

From what my mother tells me, I had a pacifier until I could walk/talk and then I didn't want it anymore. I never sucked my thumb. Apparently, I used a baby bottle well into my older years. Just when I was watching TV, I'd put juice or milk in a bottle and use it, probably until the age of 12 or so.

I met my fiance five years ago (we are lesbians) and we have been together for four years now. We are extremely happy together and have a very wonderful and healthy relationship.

I had zero reason at all to suspect anything remotely related to the Adult Baby lifestyle until last year, other than the fact that around 2 years ago, I started using sippy cups, just because I could and I liked it. Then last year, I realized that I had become extremely interested in an ANR. I'm not sure if this community is familiar with it, but it is an Adult Nursing Relationship, or Adult Breastfeeding (AB for short, which is kind of confusing on this site!). I'm sure you can understand what that means, but after much deliberation on my part, I told my partner about my desires and she, to my surprise, welcomed it with open arms. She was taken aback a bit for a couple days, but after that she was gung-ho about the idea.

Anyway, so now I was drinking out of sippy cups and in an ANR (dry nursing, she does not lactate). Well, after that I started eating baby food. Just the fruit ones, because they were a low calorie snack and they tasted good. But I eat them with baby spoons because I like them.

The past two years I have also become more and more interested in watching kids' shows. I love it. It's all I watch unless my partner is home and even then I can sometimes talk her into watching them.

Fast forward to two nights ago... We went to the store and I went to grab some baby food. The pacifiers caught my eye and without looking much or debating, I just grabbed a two pack and threw them in the cart. Again, to my surprise, my partner didn't even bat an eyelash. I guess she just knows I'm weird and is prepared to deal with whatever comes along by this point... LOL.

Anyway, so last night after she had went to sleep I got one of the pacis and took it to bed with me and watched TV for awhile... And LOVED it.

So now I am a pacifier sucking, ANRing, sippy cup drinking, cartoon watching, baby food eating, crazy person!

I started to ponder if there were others like me, so I started looking it up, but all I could find were adult babies........ Which brings me here. I don't like diapers... At least I don't right now? I know I wouldn't want to wear a diaper or play with baby toys or be babied or taken care of... I just like to suck on a pacifier and watch cartoons, or drink out of a sippy cup instead of a regular glass... What does this make me? Is this how you started or am I just a bit strange and need to stop overthinking things? Why do you think I like all of these things?

Thanks so much to everyone who replies... Oh, and like I have said before, please forgive my ignorance when it comes to this subject. I sincerely hope I don't offend anyone with something I have said... If I do, I didn't mean to!

Oh, no matter... Information on AB/DLs is a bit confusing initially... Congrats on finding someone who accepts you with what you enjoy and welcome to the forums..!

Ageplay is often attributed with wearing diapers, and most ageplayers like to do it... But it is by no means required. Ageplay is all about regressing. Trying to get yourself to a child-like state of mind, whereas DLs or, "Diaper Lovers" have a fetish with wearing diapers...

What it sounds like to me is that you don't actually regress much, but actually just enjoy the process of more AB tenancies. Is this something that interests you like a fetish would? Do you actually regress to a younger state of mind? Or is it just an interest with no strings attached?

If it is like a fetish to you, then it sounds to me like it's almost a grey area between being an AB and being a DL... Enjoying commonly attributed AB activities that turn you on, but with no need to regress.

If you regress, then I would say that you are an AB since regression and the activities you mentioned would point to that...

And finally, if there is an interest with, well, nothing else... You wouldn't really be either. I'm not even sure if a name would be required to be honest since it is merely an interest and nothing beyond. (I like the smell of freshly baked bread for example... That has no name either.)

Thanks for your reply.

To answer your question, definitely not a fetish. In fact, the exact opposite. In regards to the sippy cup, it's pretty much just the norm for me now to drink out of them. I just like them... I just wish they held more liquid! LOL. In regards to the paci, just a comfort thing, it feels nice. The baby food, honestly it's pretty much the lowest calorie (good tasting) snack you'll ever find!

And the ANR, well, that's something very different and very difficult for those that haven't experienced to understand... Most people think of an ANR as a fetish, a lactation or a breast fetish, but it's not at all. In fact, my partner and I separate nursing from sex completely, 100%. The ANR is something that we do as a couple, kind of like cuddling for most people, except the bond is much greater and you both release endorphins from it and... it's just wonderful. But it's not sexual.

And I guess that's where I'm going with this is I wasn't sure if this AB lifestyle was more of a fetish (sexual or not?) or kind of like the ANR, just something you do because you like it and it feels good.

For me, like I said, nothing about it is sexual for me. I just like to do it on my own time.

I would also love to get a bottle and drink warm milk before bed each night in the future, but I don't want to push things with my partner... I don't know.

onthemoon, I edited my response above to elaborate a bit about what I was getting to... I kinda hit post a bit quicker than I should've... D:

Anyway... It just sounds like an standard interest to me... To quote myself above:

And finally, if there is an interest with, well, nothing else... You wouldn't really be either. I'm not even sure if a name would be required to be honest since it is merely an interest and nothing beyond. (I like the smell of freshly baked bread for example... That has no name either.)
    Does this describe you, do you think?

Yeah, I think you're right. Thanks again, so much. I think I might hang around here still, though, because I do find it all very interesting. Honestly, I don't think it's something I would want to participate in per say, but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Cool... Glad I could help you out.

And don't worry about your lack of interest in diapers, just do your own thing, that's what we all do.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by onthemoon View Post
    And I guess that's where I'm going with this is I wasn't sure if this AB lifestyle was more of a fetish (sexual or not?) or kind of like the ANR, just something you do because you like it and it feels good.

For me, like I said, nothing about it is sexual for me. I just like to do it on my own time.

I would also love to get a bottle and drink warm milk before bed each night in the future, but I don't want to push things with my partner... I don't know.
    The AB/DL spectrum covers a pretty wide range of interests and motivations, but AB and DL and "Inner Child", etc. are just labels that people give themselves as a short-hand for explaining their quirks. Just because two people use the same label it doesn't mean that things will be the same (or even vaguely similar) with regards to the way that they experience the "lifestyle".

For some, diapers are the primary fascination and everything else follows. Some people are only interested in diapers and nothing else. For some, diapers are sexually arousing and sex or fetish-related, whilst for others it's purely a comfort thing (like an ANR, perhaps), and for others it's a mix of both.

Some people are just into the emotional side of regressing or pretending to be little, and the idea of being sexual when being little feels completely wrong, after all kids shouldn't be having sex!

Some aren't interested in diapers at all. Some people think of their "little self" as being a distinct personality and can switch from "adult mode" to "child mode", whist for others, the childishness is just a part of their one true identity. Some people are into breastfeeding, others aren't. Some are attached to cuddly toys, some like watching children's TV programmes, some like baby bottles or baby food, some like being spanked or made to stand in the corner when they're naughty, others just want to be cuddled all the time.

Some people pretend to be aged 1 and completely dependent on a caregiver; others are toddlers who have some independence and are still in nappies; others are older kids, maybe they don't wear nappies at all, maybe only at night...

Some are happy to switch between being little and being a caretaker; others just want to be little all the time. Some live the lifestyle 24/7, others only indulge a few time a year.

Some people play a specific age, others pick and choose components of different ages (e.g. "I'm a little kid aged 6 but still eat baby food").

There are so many possibilities to explore!

I think the best thing to do is just ignore all the labels and work out what you like. It's not as if anyone would call you a "fraud" just because you don't want to wear nappies. Just pick the label that best describes you, or choose none at all. Or keep changing labels till you find one or more that you can stick with.

I've been into this since I was about 5 or 6, and I still don't feel like either "AB" or "DL" really fit me... but I know who I am (well, in this regard anyway), so it doesn't really matter and, AB, DL and AB/DL are at least vaguely accurate, so I do call myself AB/DL even thought it doesn't really tell you exactly the kind of person I am...

Anyway, ADISC is a great site where you can be yourself and find out who you are without being expected to be one thing or another.

Sorry for rambling on! Hope this makes sense! :-)