Thread: Told My Best Friend...

Default Told My Best Friend...

Hey guys! So, as you may know from a previous thread, I told my psychiatrist (who I need to see because of bipolar disorder) and my parents about my infantilist side (well, my parents already knew, but I brought up the topic again after the doctor's appointment). The thing turned out so well, my doctor reassuring me that it was ok. And my parents were cool with me wearing diapers as long as it is private. Now, I gathered up all the courage I had to tell my best friend. He's been my soul brother for the last 7 years, and I've been wanting to tell him for a long time now. I figured that now that we're both mature adults (he's 20, I'm 21), and closer than twins, I could tell him.

He already knew I sucked my thumb, but never told him about the diapers nor the desire to feel and be treated like a baby. So...the thing was almost like this...

Me: "Phillip, I had an appointment with my psychiatrist. And I feel so relieved now"

Him: "Really? And how was it?"

Me: "I told him many things that were bugging me...including this thing I have..."

Him: "What is it?"

Me: "I...erm...is a pretty strange thing..."

Him: "Come on, tell me...that's what friends are for! Besides, how bad can it be?"

Me: "OK...I'm into a thing called...Paraphillic Infantilism"

Him: "What's that?"

Me: "I like to wear...to wear..."

There was a silence there, like for one minute. I couldn't bring myself to tell him. But he somehow read through my eyes and thoughts and put the pieces together.

Him: "Diapers?"

Me: "Yeah...and I also like to....act and be treated like a baby..."

He looked at me with a funny look, but then he said that it was ok, that he was open minded and that he loved me so much. So, I started telling him almost everything. About the fake bedwetting when I was a teen to get diapers, about me liking to be cuddled and fed, about this site and people I've met over the years. And well, he was quite interested and surprisingly calm about it. I couldn't hold back, I needed to tell him about this side of me. He just asked me if I liked to wear diapers or "do my business" there too. I answered truthfully, and he curiously asked how did it felt. I did my best to describe him how it is to wet a diaper. So, he willingly offered to buy me pacifiers, and with his money! We went to the supermarket and he bought me the pacis with his own cash. I was SOOOO touched. It was a three pacifier pack, so I let him keep one as a "token" of friendship between me and him. He was so cool about it, I still can't digest it...we hung out all day long, with me making diaper related comments from time to time, just to "get it out". I think this week had been amazing, first my doctor...then my parents...then my bestest friend. I feel truly blessed.

I even showed him this forum, but he wasn't ready yet for a lot of this content. He didn't know what sissies were, so I told him I didn't know. That would be to much to digest for now. But he's so amazing.

I wanted to share this with you guys. What do you think?

It,s OK to tell some but I can go badly so please be care full. Being a ab is not liked most persons there are a lot of bad things that have happened to others. Happy for you:-)

It,s OK to tell some but I can go badly so please be care full. Being a ab is not liked most persons there are a lot of bad things that have happened to others. Happy for you:-)
    Thanks! Yes, I know it can go badly, but I trust him with my life...he's my greatest pal, so it was even insulting not telling him.

You do have a great friend. I told my best friend a couple of years ago and and it too went well. We were intimate all through college, so our relationship is different than most. Even after all these years we still talk via e-mail. I send him chapters of the novel I'm writing and he gives me feed back. We will always be best friends even after death....I hope. There's nothing like that best friend relationship. It's precious.

You do have a great friend. I told my best friend a couple of years ago and and it too went well. We were intimate all through college, so our relationship is different than most. Even after all these years we still talk via e-mail. I send him chapters of the novel I'm writing and he gives me feed back. We will always be best friends even after death....I hope. There's nothing like that best friend relationship. It's precious.
    I know, I'm so grateful he was so willing to accept this side of me. It wasn't as embarrassing as I thought it would be!

I'm really glad that you have a best friend who is willing to accept your infantilism and buying you pacifiers (that must be really sweet). I love it when true friends do not put down another for having such a thing like infantilism.

Well you are lucky to have friends like that(Well if I'm honest more like Blood Brothers). And that story is touching me. I also tell my best friend about the whole thing about TB/DL although by the time I told Him we are only be friends for one year(Even so We both have same mind and I think he is one of the closest among my friend).
    But yeah he knows because he see my phone and then start to asking it. I explained all and he said he fine with it and encourage me not to be shy and said that The whole TB/DL things is not the most weirdest thing ever.

This is such an encouraging and touching experience. I'm so glad it worked out for you. My best friend and I have known eachother for about three years now, and I soon plan on telling her. I'm not sure how, or when, but I know I need to tell her. She knows about my CT, and how he treats me like a child, but she doesn't know exactly to what extent. I'm thinking about telling her sometime this week, shoot, I even almost did today. Its just a matter of finding the right timing, I suppose. But then again, I don't want to scare myself out of it by over thinking. I know she'll understand, but I'm still so scared. Even when I do tell her though, I wouldn't want to talk to her much about it after simply admitting it. I very much want my infantilism to be kept in the background when around her /:

Awesome this is 2 success stories in as many minutes I have read, maybe the world is becoming a better place?

Now I know I must not lose faith in humanity hehe. Thanks for your comments!
    Last edited by kik91; 12-Aug-2012 at 21:10.