Thread: telling people to get a job

Default telling people to get a job

I find this very rude, first of all you probably don't know the situation so STFU. second of all for all you know they could be looking and possibly have some interviews lined up. but telling someone to get a job is like telling someone to grow an extra arm its futile, because they probably know they need a job. sorry for the rant, its just one of those things that irks me. I don't think I have ever utter the words in a serious manner, "get a job" and i want to respond with "get some compassion" but i know that is futile so i don't

I have been out of work for almost two years and I have only had one interview. It's rough! I've given up! Don't know what else to do. I hear ya!

but telling someone to get a job is like telling someone to grow an extra arm its futile...
    Getting a job is possible, the other isn't. Wait, what?

Also, need I remind you about your thread (which this thread is obviously in response to) asking for advice on how to pay for your diapers besides begging your mother whom you already owe an extortionate amount to getting a job seems like logical fucking advice.

Why do you find it necessary to be so rude? Most of us value our lives according to our work and the money we make. When we're not working we feel worthless and depression sets in! When someone asks for advice we hope that people would lend much more positive advice rather than make them feel worse!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Getting a job is possible, the other isn't. Wait, what?

Also, need I remind you about your thread asking for advice on how to pay for your diapers besides begging your mother whom you already owe an extortionate amount to getting a job seems like logical fucking advice.
    Last edited by Trevor; 10-Aug-2012 at 16:40. Reason: removing auto-merged duplicate post.

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    Why do you find it necessary to be so rude? Most of us value our lives according to our work and the money we make. When we're not working we feel worthless and depression sets in! When someone asks for advice we hope that people would lend much more positive advice rather than make them feel worse!
    I'm being realistic, no money? Get a job. Not rude. If you aren't prepared to listen to realistic advice, which unfortunately isn't always what you want to hear.

There is a way of saying "get a job" with inflection that is clearly rude. To assume that someone offering you this advice is using this inflection indicates that you're carrying some baggage about it all. In your situation it is clearly practical advice and in the absence of knowing the background details, it's the most basic starting point.

Please everyone, just take a breath. It's not worth the angst, really.