View Poll Results: What is your sexual orientation?

301. You may not vote on this poll
  • Straight

99 32.89%
  • Gay

70 23.26%
  • Bisexual

75 24.92%
  • Asexual

57 18.94%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gay, straight, asexual, or bisexual?

Default Are you gay, straight, asexual, or bisexual?

And how old were you before you realized your sexual orientation?

Just for clarification:

I'm now 100% sure I'm gay, and discovered my fondness for guys after a failed relationship with a girl at age 18.

So, which way does ADISC swing?

I'm bi but I'm true to my wife. I like guys sexually but not romantically. I've told on a few occasions that I lived an exclusively gay life when I was in college. It's funny, but I dated one girl very seriously when I was in high school, as we were sexually active. But at the same time, when I was 14, I got hit by a car. It not only broke both my tibia and fibula, but punched a hole in the front of my head, not through, but I still have the dent. It was after the accident that I started to be attracted to boys my age. Part of that may be the androgynous nature of early teen boys, smooth skin and little body hair, etc.

Like most kids, this got confusing. My best male friend in high school was the starting linebacker on the football team. He and I were very close and we talked about "experimenting". We did a little, but not a whole lot. I might add that when my wife met him, she remarked about how good looking he was..haha.

Parts of my life were very destructive in college. My boyfriend drifted away my sophomore year, and there were older students only too happy to invite me to parties, get my passing out drunk and have their way with me. My junior year I got back with my original boyfriend and things were much,much better.

Graduation came and my boyfriend got drafted. I eventually moved to Ohio where I met the woman who would become my wife. We started our family and I never looked back. My family and my kids are the most meaningful part of my life. I'm lucky in that I had choices. Being bi, I could go both ways. I do feel more romantic to the opposite sex, so my road went in that direction. My college boyfriend will always be my best male friend. We still talk to each other via e-mail. He's an outstanding person, and a National Fellow to the Kennedy Center.

When our younger members talk about suicide, especially when life becomes confusing, I hope they will take some hope in my story. At one point in college, I was at a very low point. I was extremely depressed, doing poorly in my grades, and selling myself for alcohol and drugs. But there was light at the end of the tunnel. I simply picked myself up and moved on, first to someone else, and then to a completely different lifestyle. There is purpose in our lives. We simply need to find it. It may even find us when we least expect it.

Homoromantic asexual. Guys have never turned me on, but I'm very much in love with one.

Straight, though I've tackled the question in the past. Though anything that may have been evidence towards bisexuality was really just the "Sissy" part of my mind messing with things, I concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    Homoromantic asexual. Guys have never turned me on, but I'm very much in love with one.
    So what is it like, then? Super awesome best friends?

Biromantic asexual. Recently discovered my romantic side when the right person came into my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post

Well... plus diapers.

Sorry! Rather boring, I know.
    Only here could a person with a diaper fetish be considered to lead a boring sex life.

Biromantic asexual, basically. Maybe it's more complicated than that, but I have no interest in having sex.