View Poll Results: Should there be booze commercials?

46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 54.35%
  • No

5 10.87%
  • Don't care

16 34.78%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Commercials for alcohol

Default Commercials for alcohol

I would like to say first that I am not promoting the use of cigarettes or booze.

There aren't any cigarette commercials anymore, but there are billions of them for beer and booze. I find this kind of terrible. Yes, smoking is awful, but alcohol is no better. It's a thousand times more dangerous. Nobody gets into a car wreck lighting up a smoke. Smoking doesn't make you any different, never mind getting grouchy at a nicfit. And being an alcoholic, I think it's stupid that there are commercials for it. It's silly. Cigarettes don't make you into Dr. Jeckyll or Mr. Hyde, or anything.

Thought it might be an interesting topic, alcohol commercials. What are your views?

I'm not exactly sure why ciggarette ad's aren't on TV anymore. But as for alcohol they never show anyone drinking it ever because they can't.

I would like to see a ban on budwiser, coolers, miller though. better yet just ban those drinks/companies outright.

Seriously? I swear I've seen some kids guzzling vodka to house music and metal-encrusted grey hounds.

I remember all of the old beer commercials from the 1950's on when they allowed drinking. The commercials now are geared to use responceabilty, is better

for everybody involved. I agree about the ban on tobacco ads. I was a smoker for over 40 years. Been smoke free now for 13 years and I feel has added to

my life.

I also would be in favor of banning dumb alcohol commercial.

>Today, I'll show you how to make Disaronno with milk.
    >Two ice cubes.
    >One ounce Disaronno.
    >Three ounces milk.
    >There you have it, Disaronno with milk!

I love Disaronno. Those ads make me think that Disaronno assumes its products are bought by imbeciles.

Alcohol commercials are way less annoying than those for peter-picker-uppers, depression meds, Lipitor, and some others that I can't figure out what they're for.

I freaking love Captain Morgan commercials. "To Life, Love & Loot"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    Alcohol commercials are way less annoying than those for peter-picker-uppers, depression meds, Lipitor, and some others that I can't figure out what they're for.
    I usually feel like I could use anti-depressants by the time an anti-depressant ad finishes up. Which I doubt isn't part of the plan.

I do, however, LOVE the sad robe ad:

Particularly when the robe is filling out the forms along with her.

Personally, I don't care about booze commercials, but I cannot stand it when the commercial shows that by drinking it, you're going to get laid and have a gigantic party.