Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "D" word

Default The "D" word

So, I know about there are other threads about what happens when people say... ya know: DIAPER. And how we abdls react to it. But one thing I've noticed is people sometimes seem to avoid using it on here. This isn't some unwritten rule of abdlisum, that I'm just unaware of, is it? Like no diapers in public because it's rude to other people? Or am I just randomly noticing it/People are nervous about saying DIAPER in real life, and avoid it here?

I don't consciously avoid it. I don't even think I subconsciously avoid it. In fact, I don't think I avoid it at all...I mean, if I want to mention something diaper-related and feel it's somewhat appropriate, then I do so. Like, if I'm describing an experience or giving my opinion on something diaper-related, I have no issue saying it. But when I'm in a thread that's not about diapers that's talking about something else, I'm not usually even thinking about diapers...I'm thinking about the thing being discussed. Also I just don't talk about diapers all the time, because I have interests outside of diapers, too, which is what I think ADISC encourages as well.

Even though I am not a diaper user, I can fully relate to it. I simply can't say the word "pacifier" out loud in a conversation. I get the feeling that everybody immediately will assume that I am a pacifier user when I use the word. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by bbbabsie View Post
    I don't consciously avoid it. I don't even think I subconsciously avoid it. In fact, I don't think I avoid it at all...I mean, if I want to mention something diaper-related and feel it's somewhat appropriate, then I do so. Like, if I'm describing an experience or giving my opinion on something diaper-related, I have no issue saying it. But when I'm in a thread that's not about diapers that's talking about something else, I'm not usually even thinking about diapers...I'm thinking about the thing being discussed. Also I just don't talk about diapers all the time, because I have interests outside of diapers, too, which is what I think ADISC encourages as well.
    yes i can agree with that comment too but also the fact that i'm English too we don't use the word diaper more commonly used word is nappies for us
    Last edited by baby2birl; 09-Aug-2012 at 22:17. Reason: deleted double post

I don't care about that word at all, unless someone brings up mine. I live with my almost two year old niece, so I hear that word every day, countless times. Just a word.

BigC300

Diaper, Nappy, Windel...they all stimulate me equally well.

Thaguy123

I try to avoid the word when i am talking dutch...

The word is "luier" and "lui" means lazy :S

I remember how weird it was for me to first use the word diaper in a conversation that was in the context of ab/dl'sm. It was like trying to push the word out of my mouth. Every time i use it though it makes me feel all happy to say it. Its a little easier for me now. But online i don't have a problem with typing it.

I got this strange feeling with the "testing if you are human" thing for ADISC.

Q: What is REPAID backwards?
    A: *refreshes page*

Ha ha very true...not sure about people on this thread, maybe some are nervous about the word DIAPER, but not me. I have noticed, however, that the general populace who are not into wearing diapers, almost always avoid using the word at all costs. They use synonyms: "Them, those, you-know-whats, depends, protection," etc. It cracks me up. I think "normal" people are way more skiddish and embarassed about adults wearing DIAPERS than we (AB/DLs) are. I chock it up to mental conditioning, the fact that we are all taught from day one that "only babies wear DIAPERS." Of course, regardless of your age, if you are wearing an absorbent product designed or intended to collect urine or feces, you are in fact wearing a DIAPER. DIAPER is the most direct and descriptive word, and I use it even amongst non-diaper wearers, and it always confuses them.
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-Aug-2012 at 23:43. Reason: size isn't everything.