Thread: Kinda depressed....

Default Kinda depressed....

Idk for what it's worth, I just kinda feel depressed. I'm not clinically diagnosed with anything but its just life sucks sometimes. I feel like very little has gone right in my life since I graduated college in 2010. I had a few jobs but didn't like one and got fired from another. I guess getting fired for the first time made me feel just about worthless. Then soon after my boyfriend got a job at a better company so we moved. I'm still jobless half because I apply to serveral jobs I'm qualified for and get rejected. I hate working fast food and retail so luckly since my boyfriend makes enough money I can stay home till I find something that uses my degree (also think I have some stress related sleep issues so I go to sleep late and wake up at noon so a job would be hard to balance right now). Moving just put additional strain on us because we are financially drained and don't have any real life friends or family in the area. I found meetup.com and have been attending events every so often but they cost gas money and sometimes other money to attend so its not very practical. I call family and friends back home but a lot of times they aren't available. I think I'm just very homesick and stressed about a variety of situations. Btw, I don't want to see a professional. Professionals aren't friends and it leaves a permanent stain on your medical record (plus I think I'd rather kill myself than be forced to take medication that has devestating side effects to your body) I guess the point of this post really is just to vent(dont worry Im not suicidal) and to see if anyone out there can relate.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

I really think finding a job could help you. Being stuck at home gives you a lot of time to ponder and personally that makes me feel depressed.

I agree. I suspect that sleeping to 12 is also part of your depression. When I get depressed I sleep, at least when I'm not working. I actually work two jobs and they keep me busy. I'm underemployed in both of them, but it's better for me to be busy and working, than not at all. If you got some sort of job that you know going in is just going to be temporary, I think you'd feel better. Food service sucks, but it's at least something.

I work as a teacher assistant and though it can be hateful work, I get hospitalization and a small pension when I retire. I work with professionals and I must perform at an upper level, understanding students needs and finding creative solutions. You might consider it. Having a few extra dollars would allow you and your partner to go out and do a few things, plus you would meet other people. I hope things work out for you.

You guys really think I'll wake up in time for a job interview? Even if I manage that if I can't fall asleep at a good time on a regular basis how would I get up for an 8am shift if I got to bed at 5am? I've been trying non addictive sleep aids like sleepy time tea and melotonin but nothing works :-(

Quote Originally Posted by iheartpacifiers View Post
    Idk for what it's worth, I just kinda feel depressed. I'm not clinically diagnosed with anything but its just life sucks sometimes. I feel like very little has gone right in my life since I graduated college in 2010. I had a few jobs but didn't like one and got fired from another. I guess getting fired for the first time made me feel just about worthless. Then soon after my boyfriend got a job at a better company so we moved. I'm still jobless half because I apply to serveral jobs I'm qualified for and get rejected. I hate working fast food and retail so luckly since my boyfriend makes enough money I can stay home till I find something that uses my degree (also think I have some stress related sleep issues so I go to sleep late and wake up at noon so a job would be hard to balance right now). Moving just put additional strain on us because we are financially drained and don't have any real life friends or family in the area. I found meetup.com and have been attending events every so often but they cost gas money and sometimes other money to attend so its not very practical. I call family and friends back home but a lot of times they aren't available. I think I'm just very homesick and stressed about a variety of situations. Btw, I don't want to see a professional. Professionals aren't friends and it leaves a permanent stain on your medical record (plus I think I'd rather kill myself than be forced to take medication that has devestating side effects to your body) I guess the point of this post really is just to vent(dont worry Im not suicidal) and to see if anyone out there can relate.

Hi sweetie!

I know how you are feeling, and I understand fully.

From looking at your situation, I think the best path for you would to get any work you can, even if it is something you really don't like or are over qualified for it. I bet your depression stems from having a job at one time and then losing it and not having one now.

What you need to do is get out and socialize and meeting new people at a Job you can get would help!

I know your anxiety... I too battle depression everyday.. it's a constant battle not having any income as well and the stress that comes with life.

The best way to fight depression is to go against it... do everything the opposite. Have fun, be it a game or book reading or watching a movie.

However I think the best thing you could do to make yourself feel even better is go out get a job at anyplace (even if you don't like it, because you can find something else in the meantime) and you get to meet new people as well... heck you may even make a friend, you never know what will happen. Sounds like you could really use a good friend, being away from family and not having any real friends. I know how that feels all to well!

As for getting up early and going to bed early, I suggest soaking in a nice hot bath with lavender in it... whether it be soap, or bubble bath. Lavender is a calming herb and is also good for making you sleepy as you inhale the scent. I believe Johnson and Johnson has baby bath with lavender in it or it's called sleepy time bath. And drink the sleepy time tea right after the bath or a nice hot cup of hot cocoa. I know it is summer but when you get really warm ( not too warm ) your body gets sleepy. Then lay down in your bed and get comfortable... that means even turn out the lights if you have to.

I am a night owl so I know how to go to bed early if I need to. Hope this helps.. if not let me know, because there are other ways.

I might add that when things get this bad, medical intervention might be a very good idea. My wife takes two different meds to help her sleep. Imagine trying to sleep while hooked up to a dialysis machine 5 nights a week. That's plenty of reason to be depressed.

I know what it feels like to be depressed I get like this sometimes but I'm never gonna take medication its too risky. I get depressed about a lot of things like what my life has turned out to be, my relationship status, etc but I face facts and get though it. I hope that helps